(Imagine for Sophie)

"He loves you, you know?" Your friend whispered as the two of you laid in your bed next to each other, your heads looking forward.

You let out a sarcastic laugh and shook your head, but there were no tears coming out of your eyes.

"He doesn't love me, he didn't love me. He was just using me until he had to leave. He was using me - not loving me." You didn't even care that your friend was his younger sister, and she didn't even seem to think of defending her brother.

"Sophie, he told me when you two started going out that it was going to end with a broken heart, but he meant it like it was going to be his." You looked over with a raised brow. Was she making this up, or did he actually tell her that? How could you know? "But I do agree with you. The way he seemed to 'forget' about you and move on was pretty messed up." You nodded and rolled your eyes at the thought of his new college girlfriend. All pretty and perfect, and smart.

"I just don't get it, I only have one more year! I tried to pretend I wanted the same thing, but I didn't." You mumbled the last part, but your friend heard you say it anyways.

Her hand patted your shoulder closest to hers and she sent you a smile. "You are worth waiting for, Sophie." She said, a maternal voice came out.

You sent your friend a smile, before you turned your body so that your back faced her. Closing your eyes you dreamed of being in college, of being with Dylan and your friend.

_________

"I heard you're coming to my game tonight?" Kyle (your new boyfriend) whispered into your ear suggestively. You looked down at yourself, you were wearing his jersey after all.

"Yes. I plan too, at least..." You said sarcastically, making it seem like you couldn't go. Kyles face dropped a bit and he bit his bottom lip.

"What does that mean, yes or no?" You forced your lips into a straight line and stepped closer to him.

"I said yes, didn't I?" You said, you wondered where all this confidence was coming from. Before Dylan, you were shy, way too shy to talk to the Cornerback on the football team. But somehow you managed without him, and look where you were now. A smile grew on Kyle's lips as he leaned down and placed a kiss on your cheek.

"I got to get to warm-ups, go home and look sexy for me!" He yelled before running down the hall towards the boys locker room. You rolled your eyes and walked in the opposite direction, on your mind was how tonight was going to go.

"Sophie?" A voice said as you walked out of the school doors, your eyes found familiar light brown ones. You swallowed and looked everywhere but him for a while, this was awkward for you. "You look-"

"So you're back from college? Or did you drop out?" You said, your voice sharp enough to cut something. His eyes seemed to soften as he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. You hadn't even stepped fully out of the school doors, it rested on your side, your arm stopping it from closing on you.

Dylan was just standing there, he looked uncomfortable, and you decided he should be. For all the crap feelings he put you through, being uncomfortable seemed hardly unfair to you. "I don't live on campus, I'm staying at home until-"

"I could care less." You stated, you stepped forward so the door could shut. Kids were staring over at you and the former graduate of Mill Parks High, but you only focused on the boy who used you.

Dylan had rolled his eyes, you pressed your lips together from letting out a word that isn't pleasant. "I didn't come here to be bitched to, I came here to pick up my sister." He said, although the way he said it seemed as if he was about to cry, or like he was really upset. Like you being distant hurt him.