He Likes Someone Else

You punched Dylan's shoulder gently as the two of you walked down the hallway together, side by side. "I wish I could talk to every girl like I talk to you." He mumbled as the both of you stopped at your locker so you could grab your books.

"By 'every girl' do you mean Natalie?" You asked with a small smile, you tried to pretend like you wanted to help him solve his problems with talking to other girls. But deep down it killed you, you wanted him to have trouble talking to you, you wanted him to have a crush on you. Not the other girl.

"Yes," he said in a desperate tone. "I'll go crazy if I never get the chance to talk to her." Your heart broke in two. You wanted to scream, run away from him, let him complain about the girls he wanted to someone else. But all you did was send him a supportive smile and closed your locker.

"Just go up and say hi," you suggested but he let out a frustrated groan. "What?" You asked wondering what was wrong with that plan.

"I... Can you?" He said, and you swallowed hard. Being in love with your best friend was the worst thing ever, especially when he was going after someone else.

"Dylan! Do you know how pathetic it is to talk you up? I'm not your wing woman," he laughed at your complaint. You just continued to walk down the hall by his side. You were always by his side but he never seemed to notice. Heck he was the guy every girl dreamed of, he could get anyone. And you didn't know what was worse, being friend zoned, or having every guy in the school-except him-want you.

"Then what are you?" He joked.

Ouch.

You rolled your eyes and he noticed your were growing irritated. "(Y/n) I'm sorry, I didn't mean that. You're an amazing, beautiful girl that any guy would be lucky to have." If only he actually felt that way... You said to yourself but shrugged off the feeling and walked into your first class.

"Hey (y/n), looking good today," a male voice said as you sat down in your desk. "Dylan, my man, how's it been?" The voice said acknowledging your friends presence. The only reason you were mostly single was because every time a guy showed interest in you he was immediately intimated by Dylan.

It just wasn't fair.

Then again, it's not to say that wasn't what happened to the girls who fell head over heels for Dylan. So if you really thought about it, both of you were a toxin to each other's future love interests. "Please (y/n)? I'll buy you Starbucks for a week." The offer did sound tempting.

You rolled your eyes as you crossed your arms over your chest. "Fine," you said. Dylan let out a little 'woo-hoo' before the teacher walked in and class started.

"He thinks I'm cute?" You forced yourself to keep the fake friendly smile on your face as you watched Natalie apply lipstick onto her lips as she looked at her appearance in the bathroom mirror.

"Told me so," you paused to let the information digest. She put her lipstick in her little makeup bag and turned towards you, a wide smile on her face.

"What do I do? Wait until he talks to me, or go talk to him myself?" She asked and you acted as if you cared what she did.

Knowing he never liked going to a girl and talking to her, you suggested the second. She squealed and jumped in the air, but then realized she was overreacting and calmed down. "Sorry." She apologized but you just shrugged and sent her a small, understanding smile. "It's just, I've liked him for so long and... Now he-"

"-finally likes you back?" You said finishing her sentence because all of their sentences usually ended the same. "I know, magical isn't it?" You said trying to hide your sarcasm. She shrugged perkily and tapped your shoulder.

"I don't know how I would be able to just be his friend, gosh I don't know how you do it. I mean, especially when you have so many options, yet one of the hottest isn't one for you. I'd be miserable." You nodded, expecting a boost of confidence from her. They all usually had the same reaction. That was just how the girls at your school were.

She walked out of the bathroom and you closed your eyes before letting out a loud sigh. You opened them again and looked at your appearance in the mirror. You didn't see anything wrong with you. "I don't know myself, Nat." You whispered before looking at yourself one more time and walking out of the girls bathroom and towards the lunchroom.

As soon as you walked towards your table, Brett sat down next to you, biting into a juicy red apple. "Hey hot stuff," he commented as he looked your way before talking to his friend next to him. You ignored him and kept looking over at Dylan and Natalie. They were talking-flirting-and Natalie was all over him.

He loved it, he was enjoying having her attention. And you felt your heart break slowly, piece by piece. And it finally shattered when her lips met his, both of them kissing each other like they were going to die the next day. Brett was watching you the whole time, and he wrapped an arm around your shoulders. "You have to move on, (y/n)." He whispered into your ear. When he backed away his head to see your expression you didn't even notice the tear that fell from your eyes.

"It's not that easy, Brett," you explained and he looked at Dylan. You watched as he took back his hand and walked over to him. You were confused and wiped your eyes but what happened next surprised you. Brett had tore Dylan off of Natalie and punched him, right in the jaw.

Kids began to chant, "fight, fight!" And you just sat there at the table, speechless. You were as surprised as Natalie was-watching the two scrabble around the ground, punching and kicking until your principal and another teacher ripped them away from each other.

"What the hell, Brett!" Dylan yelled to his friend and Brett looked at you, you knew what he was about to say and you shook your head, telling him he couldn't say a thing. Brett just looked to the floor and let the teacher drag him to the principals office, Dylan close behind being escorted by the principal himself.

Natalie touched her lips, and a small smile grew on her face. She looked at you and winked before going to sit by her friends. Surely she didn't think they were fighting over her?

A/n: so I decided to update again tonight because, I mean hey, it's a holiday! And because I'm in a happy mood :) :).

I love all the comments you leave, and the votes you give me! Hoped you enjoyed this imagine.

What am I thankful for?
All of YOU!