Thanksgiving 2k15

"Carol get out of that car and help me bring in the tree, please!" Your father yelled as he stood on your doorstep, a wide green-wrapped up-tree in his hands. Your mother gave your father a sweet smile and hopped out of the car, running towards him.

"Why didn't you ask Jimmy to help you? He's doing nothing but playing that game you got his last month," she stated, a teasing tone in her voice. You pressed your lips together to hold back a laugh as you watched the two try to pry the tree through the door. Your father gave one large pull, along with your mother sending a large push his way and the tree finally came through the doorway. Only your parents ended up on the floor, laughing at each other and the whole situation.

"Now what we have to do is put this in the living room," he looked at you and you backed away. "C'mon (y/n), be a sport and help me?" He asked and you laughed.

"Dad just have mom help you again. I'm sure she wouldn't-"

"I can't, I have to stop squabbling and start the turkey, your grandmother will kill me if she finds out I haven't had it ready by the time she gets here tonight." She said standing up and rubbing whatever was on her butt, off. You didn't mind helping though, so you picked up the end your mother held seconds ago and watched as your father began walking to the right, into your living room. The tree scented of pine needles and a smile grew on your face. You loved this time of year, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

It was all so magical.

As soon as your father and you got the tree up and standing, you walked towards the kitchen to see how well your mother was doing. "Set the table, dear." She instructed and you grabbed seven plates, she stopped you before you could walk into the dining room. "Oh, add another, your brother has a friend joining us." Of course, you thought and grabbed another plate. You wondered how long he'd be able to stay single, hearing this didn't surprise you at all.

"So he's finally settled down then, huh?" You asked your mother from the other room. She erupted in fit of laughter and you walked back into the kitchen after setting down the plates.

"I think I'll be dead the day that happens." She commented and you crossed your arms over your chest, even though you did agree with her.

"Then who is coming to dinner with him?" You asked curiously, a little embarrassed.

"A high school friend of his, someone with the name Dylan, I don't know..." Your mother said and you nodded, picking up the forks and knives. "Oh (y/n), always know how to make a joke." You heard your mother mumble before you walked towards the dining room and set the table properly. You had to admit, you couldn't wait to see your brother.

+

"Jimmy, go open the door, Josh is home!" Your father yelled from the living room, he and your mother, and you were busy decorating the tree. You heard Jimmy's footsteps trail down the long hallway, and soon you saw his body flash across the doorway and heard the praises of your brother.

"Jim, how's life?" Your brother asked as he walked inside, and your eyes met. "(y/n)..." He said, a large smirk plastered onto his face.

"Not much has changed about you, has it?" You noticed as he strode into the room with the same confidence he had last Thanksgiving. You set down the ordainment you made in fifth grade and ran to give your older brother a hug.

"Oh," he groaned as you ran into his chest. He kissed your hair and then pulled away. "How's the college life treating you?" He asked and you shrugged. He was only about four or five years older than you, already on his path to get himself a good job.