Intruder

You were sitting in the library, your eyes were scanning the page of a book that you weren't interested in at all. But being here was better than being in that stuffy study hall room. "You think ethey have any action books here?" You heard Dylan ask as he roamed the bookshelf looking at the titles, he wasn't going to find anything on action because in the wrong genre section of the library.

You giggled as you watched him realize his mistake and he sent you a playful glare. "Thanks for telling me," he said as he walked over to the action genre section. Which wasn't that far away from you.

You picked out a random book and sat down at a wood table. You opened it up, looking for something in this book but you weren't sure what.

He looked out at the school, where all his pain and suffering took place... Those kids, those teachers, they needed to be punished, and he thought he was the one who was suppose to do it. He hid the gun in his pants as he walked toward the school doors, faking a smile as he walked past people. It wasn't the right time to do it, he had to wait until the doors were locked, until the office was comfortable that nothing dangerous would be able to get in, too late.

Soon he noticed as the first hour class had started, people were running to their classrooms.

It was time.

You looked away from the page, it was such an intense read, and you being at a school made it seem even creepier. The thought of someone coming in and shooting up your school, it scared the crap out of you. You looked at Dylan, making sure your reality was different from the book, you wanted to make sure everything was fine.

And looking at him from across the table made you feel safe.

The man wearing the black ski mask sat in his desk, waiting for his teacher to comment on his mask, wanting him to tell him to take it off. "Mr Corker, please take that thing off," the student didn't move. The teacher let out a sigh and walked over to the students desk, placing his hands on his hips. "I don't want to tell you-"

The student pulled out his gun, making all the students in the room began to scream. He pulled the trigger and the teacher fell back on the desks behind him, the student smiled as he got up from his desk and looked around at all the kids in the room. "You all treated me like crap while I was here!" He yelled, a girls whimper stood out in the room, he aimed the gun at her and-

"Someone's shooting up the school!" You heard someone yell as he ran down the hallway, soon after gun shots were heard. You stood up suddenly, dropping your book, and running into Dylan's arms. Everyone in the library-including the librarian ran to the doors, making sure they were locked. A couple more shots were heard and screams came later after that. You and Dylan ran to the loft and hid under some blankets, his arms wrapped around you.

"I'm scared, Dylan." You said looking straight forward, but all you could see was the stairs and the large windows. Everyone downstairs seemed fine, you couldn't hear anything, and it calmed you.

"Shh," he said, kissing your head. There were more gunshots ringing in the building, and you sunk into his chest. Your body started to shake and he held you closer to him. "I love you, (y/n), more than anything. And I won't let anyone hurt you." He whispered.

You nodded but still weren't sure if you were going to be okay. The book came back to your mind, and you wondered what how the ending was like. If they ever caught the guy or if he got away?

You wondered if whoever broke in here was a student, or someone who was fed up with the school. "He's trying to get into the library!" Someone yelled from below you two, you wanted to get up and go look but you stayed in Dylan's arms.