Song Imagine (Rob Thomas) Little Wonders

"I love you, Kara." His voice said, those three words were meant for someone else. It broke your heart as you watched him lean in and touch his lips to hers. As he pulled away, her face showed happiness. Something that he promised to give you when he confessed those three words to you also, about a month ago though.

She grabbed his face and kissed him again, you had to look away so they couldn't see the tear drop down your face. An arm wrapped around your shoulder and you looked up into Dylan's bright brown eyes filled with support. "He's a fool for letting you go, (y/n)," he whispered before giving you a small kiss on the forehead and leading you out of school.

But as you turned to look at him again, he vanished, and reality came back to you. Dylan was no longer here with you because he had moved away last week. He was gone.

"Let it go,

Let it roll right off your shoulder

Don't you know

The hardest part is over

Let it in,

Let your clarity define you

In the end

We will only just remember how it feels"

You sat on your bed, listening to the sound of your fathers voice, he was probably yelling at some client of his. He didn't bother to make dinner tonight, he probably assumed you'd make it for him, like you always had to now that your mother wasn't here to help you guys anymore.

"NO! Can't you do anything right for once, Daniel?" You heard his voice from downstairs, you let out a depressed sigh and closed your eyes, taking in the little silence you were given.

Two out of three most important people in your life were gone, and the last one wasn't hardly around.

"Our lives are made

In these small hours

These little wonders,

These twists & turns of fate

Time falls away,

But these small hours,

These small hours still remain"

Flashback~

The two of you laid on the blanket Dylan had placed above the ground so that the two of you would have something softer to lay on instead of grass. Your head was turned upwards as the fireworks went off, making your eyes light up. Dylan wasn't focusing on the fireworks that were taking place, but the happiness that shown in your eyes. Then his eyes grazed down your arm to your hand that was intertwined with his own.

"These are beautiful, aren't they?" You asked, oblivious to Dylan who hadn't been watching the artwork in the sky at all.

"They are." He whispered, his eyes locked on your face. Though you couldn't see it, you somehow knew he wasn't paying attention on the sky, but on you. As if he meant that you were the one who should be called beautiful.

"Let it slide,

Let your troubles fall behind you

Let it shine

Until you feel it all around you

And i don't mind

If it's me you need to turn to

We'll get by,

It's the heart that really matters in the end"

"Hun, I need to drive over to work quick, will you be okay here alone?" Your dad asked as the phone was still pressed to his ear, his eyes held urgency and desperation. You wondered what went wrong at work, but ignored it and nodded your head, silently wishing he would stay home with you.

"That's okay, I'll be fine here dad," you said with a fake smile on your face. Your dad couldn't see, but in one hand was a picture of your whole family, and in the other was a picture of Dylan and you. Your dad whispered a 'thank you' before shutting your door and leaving the house. You uncovered the picture of you, your mom, and your dad. Looking at it, a small genuine smile crept on your face.

"Our lives are made

In these small hours

These little wonders,

These twists & turns of fate

Time falls away,

But these small hours,

These small hours still remain"

You set the picture down and your eyes traveled to the other one. Dylan had his arms wrapped around you, he was smiling. So were you, but you didn't really notice yours, just his. Maybe it was because you'll never see it anymore without looking at this picture, he was probably already all the way across the world.

"I fell in love with you, but you'll never know now..." You whispered to the picture, as if he could hear what you said. Tears weren't coming out of your eyes but it felt like your heart was crushing, getting smaller and smaller. He broke your heart without saying a word. "If only you would've stayed with me..." You said and closed your eyes.

"All of my regret

Will wash away some how

But i can not forget

The way i feel right now"

Your mother was someone worth talking to, someone worth staying with. Someone you wished your father didn't let go, someone you wished he would've fought for. Maybe she would've stayed with you guys, maybe she wouldn't of even had the idea of leaving. "You can't keep everyone close to you, some always leave." Dylan had told you one night.

"In these small hours

These little wonders

These twists & turns of fate

Time falls away but these small hours

These small hours, still remain,

Still remain"

He had been up in your room, hiding out from his parent's, it was the night before he had to leave. "Do they, though? I mean don't you have to do something to make them leave?" You asked, your eyes traveling over to his. Hurt flashed across his face, he stood up off your bed and started towards the door. "Dylan wait! I didn't mean, I didn't... Please stay? You only have an hour left." You said, desperation was in your voice but you didn't care.

He didn't come back to the bed, but he didn't leave either. He stayed where he was, his eyes bore into the ground. "I don't want to leave you, (y/n), and I don't have any choice." He argued, then sniffled, you saw a teardrop roll down his cheek. "If I could, I would stay, you should know that." He said.

You did know that, but you were still angry. Angry at his parents, and at anyone that may be involved with him moving away from you.

"These little wonders

These twists & turns of fate

Time falls away

But these small hours

These little wonders still remain"

"I know," you said. "I know, and I'm sorry."

His face lifted up a bit, he came towards you and wrapped his arms around you. You loved his hugs, they were so comfortable you never wanted them to stop. But soon it was time for him to go, and he had to pull away, the hug only a memory now.