Song Imagine (Rock City ft. Adam Levine) Locked Away

(Intro)

Love isn't something you find easily, it takes time. A relationship doesn't always automatically start off with two people in love, but in the relationship as they work through the hard times, their love grows.

"How come I've never been to your house?" You asked Dylan as the two of you walked down the school hallway, his arm around your shoulders. Dylan was shy when you met him, but after you got to know him better he finally become more confident to have full conversations around you. And then eventually asked you out.

"Nah, you don't want to see where I live. My home is what you would call a broken home," he said and you furrowed your eyebrows.

"Why would I call it that?" You asked wanting him to tell you the reason why he had said such a thing about his home.

The school bell rang and he stopped with you for a quick second. "Because it's true." You raised an eyebrow and he let out a sigh. "Okay, tonight I'll take you to my house. You can see for yourself."

You smiled at him as he kissed the top of your forehead and walked to class.

"If I got locked away

And we lost it all today

Tell me honestly, would you still love me the same?

If I showed you my flaws

If I couldn't be strong

Tell me honestly, would you still love me the same?"

After school Dylan did as he said and took you home to see his house, meet his family. His house was in the poorer part of the town, and his family didn't seem as friendly as you thought. But you didn't mind.

"You don't have to do this." He said as he intertwined your hands and pulled you closer to him. "I'll still love you as much as I do now." He whispered into your ear making you smile.

"I love you too, but I want to get to know your family, Dylan. I want them to like me." You said and he gave you a forced smile, you frowned. "Do you really not want me to meet them?" You asked, if this was going to make him uncomfortable you didn't have to do it today.

"No, let's go (y/n)," he breathed as he led you to the front door. He opened it and as you walked in, four pairs of eyes peered at you curiously. You took in the small, one story house and noticed it didn't have Dylan's scent like you'd hoped. Probably though because his cologne was too strong and blocked out the smell of his house.

"Right about now

If a judge for life me would you stay by my side?

Or is you gonna say goodbye?

Can you tell me right now?

If I couldn't buy you the fancy things in life

Shawty, would it be alright?

Come and show me that you are down"

"Hello," you said looking around the living room combined with the kitchen. The hairs on your neck stood up as everyone had just stared you down. As if you were a piece of meat. Dylan's mother was the first to reply to your greeting.

"Honey, who's this?" She asked Dylan, you could sense a little of confusion in her voice. You wondered why she didn't already know he had a girlfriend. The two of you have been dating a little over five months.

"My friend, (y/n)." He said and you turned your head to look at him. Friend?

"Oh, um, sorry (y/n) if I knew you were coming I would've made dinner for six." She said lightly with a weak smile plastered onto her face. You sent a small smile her way.