He says 'I love you'

You intertwined your fingers in his, loving the feeling you got when you held his hand. Feeling his touch seemed magical, it was so soft. "Where would you go if you could go anywhere in the world?" He asked randomly, but he sounded interested, he really wanted to know.

Your head was lying on his chest, so you raised it to look at him. "That was out of the blue?" You said, confused, but a smile rose on your lips.

"I know," he let out a sigh. "I'm just wondering." He met your eyes and you nodded your head, sitting up on the bed the two of you shared.

"Um... I'd go to..." You looked down at your lap, unsure. Not wanting him to think you were clueless, you asked him instead. "What about you?" You said, hoping he wouldn't mind telling you first.

He sat up, his head level with yours. "I'd go anywhere you were," he mumbled. The way he was looking at you, made you think he hadn't even been paying attention. Like he was thinking about something else. A part of you wondered what it was he was thinking about, but you didn't ask.

"Now tell me," he said. "You have to tell me, (y/n), it's only fair if you do." He joked, a smile appeared on his face. Hearing this, you let out a small laugh.

"There are lots of places I'd go see, if I had the chance to," he seemed unsatisfied with your answer, so you cleared your throat and explained further. "I don't have any idea in my mind. But wherever the place, I'd want to feel safe, and loved, and..." You let yourself pause your sentence, you didn't know where you were going with it.

"I'm sorry," you apologized. Dylan's eyes lit up, and a smirk found itself replacing his smile.

"I like that about you," he said. "The way you think deeper about things, and give them real thought. Some girls I knew never really cared about little questions like that. Did you know you have changed my life ever since I met you?" He said, making you freeze momentarily. Something in your chest seemed to tighten, and your breathing became a little unsteady, it was your nerves.

"I have?" you whispered in a questioning tone, you felt his lips graze your ear as he let out a pleased sigh. "How?" You asked, you felt yourself leaning into him, your back pressed against his chest now.

"I've made better choices," he explained. You furrowed your eyebrows, was he thinking of you when he made those choices? You knew about his past, it was horrible. He did lots of horrible things, drugs, street fighting, and stealing. That was how you two met, actually. He had been in the middle of running off with something in your dads store, and before he left, he saw you. He stopped, and the cops had caught him. And now that you thought it over, you guessed you were the reason he had stopped doing all those stupid things. You were the reason he was caught, and him getting caught gave him a wake up call. He told you it was what turned around his life, got him off the streets, and into a real home. The reason he is now done with drugs, landed a good job, and is with you. "Your my angel." He whispered into your ear before giving your hand a gentle squeeze.

"(Y/n) I love you." He said, and you grew tense, but not because you didn't return the feeling. It was because you haven't had anyone say that to you, and it seemed unreal. Now you knew what to say back, but were you really sure you wanted to give your heart over to him? Were you ready to be vulnerable? "You don't have to tell me it back, I don't want to rush you." He said as if reading your mind.

The thought of him controlling the way you felt scared you, the thought of anyone controlling your feelings scared you. Caring now for someone as much as you did for Dylan... It was all scary. You were knew at this, too. And you've heard all the stories of your friends' first kisses, first 'i love you's', and you've imagined how it would feel to go through those moments. And your first kiss with Dylan was amazing, but how do you know how you would feel after a week if you said those words to him?

His chest rose up and down, reminding you that he was still with you. Probably waiting for a reply. And he was probably feeling the same way you were, he was just as afraid of confessing his feelings for you as you were him.

Then as you were lost in your thoughts, you remembered the first time you saw him, the day you saved his life.

1 Year Ago...

You were hanging out with your friends as you usually did, it was summer vacation and partying was what your life consisted of day and night. Only tonight was different, it was a girls night and all of you had run out of wine. So, knowing your father had some, you and your girls drove to his store. As they waited in the car, you walked inside, your destination was the special zone in the store that sold whiskey, tequila, wine, and beer. Something seemed wrong though as you stopped at the counter. The man behind the counter had a look on his face that made chills go up your spine. His gaze was focused on something behind you, and even though you turned around, everything in your body was telling you not too.

The first thing you saw was the gun in the mans hands, your eyes widened as you met his green eyes. Then, you looked behind you to someone else, the guy looked younger and his light-brown eyes almost seemed to tell you not to move. As if he cared what would happen to you if you did.

The gun clicked, and a tear ran down your eyes as the older man with green eyes pointed it at you. "P-Please," you whispered. Your hands instinctively rose on your sides. "Don't hurt me."

The old man seemed set on the idea of getting out of there alive, but he didn't expect his partner to disagree with his way out. You could hear the police sirens in the distance, the cashier must've called them earlier since the store alarm wasn't going off yet. "Come on, Derek, let's just get out of here. We'll never get away if we kill them," the light brown eyed guy said as he kept his gaze on your frightened face. He didn't know why, but he seemed to feel guilty of you having to go through this. He never intended to have anyone hurt.

Then the gun went off, a sharp pain erupted in your lower stomach, and you felt yourself fall. Before you hit the floor, someone had caught you. And you looked up, meeting those brown eyes, your vision going blurry as you stated into the strangers handsome face. Then, pretty soon, everything went black.

Now

You raised your shirt to reveal the scar the bullet had left. "I think about that day, everyday." He said, his free hand caressed the scarred skin. You looked up at him with a smile.

"You helped me, you're the reason I'm alive." You told him, a look of surprise was evident on on his face because you've finally spoken. You looked down at your scar, and his hand that trailed over it. "Dylan you always say that I saved you from making your own life hell. But I think you saved you that day. You were the one who took the risk and stayed with me, made sure I had gotten to the hospital. You risked jail all for me, and I know you knew that that man at the cashier would've told the police you were a thief." He let out a sigh.

"As much as I'd love to be the reason you changed your life, I'm not," you said. But a smile rose on your face. "But I'm okay with that." You told him as he kissed your forehead.

"I couldn't live without you, (y/n)." He whispered into your ear, his hot breath fanned your skin.

"I feel the same way," you said. You breathed in deeply, knowing what you were going to say next would change how you feel about him forever.

"And I love you too, Dylan."

A/n: so volleyball is over with now. *insert really, really sad face* but that means updates should come faster! Yay! I hope you liked this Imagine and keep voting, commenting, reading! I love it.

Question: Anyone good at making trailers?
If you are, please PM me!!🙂

Okie, bye loveliees!!