Preview of my new book :)

"Can I tell you something I haven't told anyone in my life?" He asked as his head rested on his arms, and I laid next to him, waiting to hear what he had to say. The night sky was lit up with stars, and the moon was barely visible. Maybe it was because the clouds tried to hide it, or maybe because it's just decided tonight it wouldn't shine.

"You can tell me anything," I whispered, resting my head on his chest as I closed my eyes peacefully. I know it sounds cliché for me to admit this, but laying next to him, being able to feel safe with him... I never thought I'd get something as special as this.

I never imagined that I would get a night like this.

"When I was a kid I used to try and count the stars, and I would draw each one I counted," he paused as he looked up to the sky again and sighed. I wondered what was going on in that beautiful head of his, but I didn't say anything. I wanted him to keep talking, I wanted to hear his story. "Then one night, something terrible had happened and I—I stopped for a night. But the next night I tried to start again and I couldn't, I didn't remember what star I was on and I got so mad that I threw my drawings into my parents fireplace." I turned my head so that I could see his whole face.

"It would take a million years to count all the stars in the sky," I said with half a smile. And he smiled back, telling me he already knew this.

"My kid self didn't know that, I was so determined to finish counting them, I made it my goal before I grew up." He said with a hint of sadness in his voice. "And it seems impossible now, but I guess I just miss the hope I had when I was young, feeling like I could do anything in the world. The feeling that I was invincible."

He turned to look at me and I made no move to look at him because I was already lost in his eyes. "Being with you makes me feel invincible again. And I never want to lose it."

A/n: I hopefully will have this uploaded by next week! There's a lot going on in my life now so I'm not sure when I'll get some free time to update here. *insert really, really, really sad face* When I upload my new book promise you all will go check it out?(: I hope so, at least!

I have to go now, it's like uh... 2 a.m over here.

Good night! (or good morning?)