Gangster (au Imagine)

You tied back your (straight/curly) hair into a ponytail before you began to scrub the counter of the red square table in front of you. "Just about closing time," your friends manager said as he walked about the diner, making sure everything was put away perfectly. You were finished cleaning the top of this table and heading to the next. Then as soon as you set down the towel, a loud bang came from the door. You turned your head towards it and your heart almost stopped, staring right back at you was a man in a black suit, his eyes on you for what seemed like the longest time. "(Y/n) get in the back! Hurry, before he sees you!" Too late for that, you thought, but hurried to the back anyways. The manager shut off the light and you sat on the floor, your back leaning against the wall.

The banging grew louder, and you seemed to hear more than one person out there. "What do they want?" You whispered, the manager scratched his balding head slowly, and you could see he was beginning to grow pale.

He let out a frustrated sigh as his head turned towards the opening that connected behind the counter to the cooking area, or "the back". When his eyes met you, they were full of fear. "I-I've... I did... Something stupid." He said with regret.

You nodded and wiped the moist from your eyes, also known as tears. "I knew I shouldn't of agreed to fill in for Karie tonight, I wouldn't be here right now!" You said out of anger, angry at the man who put you in danger, but also at yourself for not realizing that you had your phone sitting on the counter.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't expect anything like this to happen, not at all. You believe me, don't you?" He asked, and you did. You felt sorry for the man, though. Even if he was responsible for killing another person, maybe it was an accident?Of course he couldn't of known something like this would occur in a diner downtown of (where you live). But surely he would've been expecting it? You didn't know though, you didn't even know why they wanted this man.

"What did you do, sir?" You asked feeling foolish for pressing him, but it was to pass time, so you would feel safe. Even though you weren't, at all.

The thing he said made your stomach drop. "I was responsible for killing his sons wife."

After that nothing left your mouth, you were debating on who you were safer with. Him—a man you didn't know—who killed a woman for god knows why. Or the men outside who wanted nothing to do with you, only wanted the man in here for fair reasons. As you looked up to glance at the man again, a lightbulb seemed to go off in his head. "I think I have a way out of here safely..." He mumbled and your ears perked up.

"How?" You asked and he stood up, reaching his hand down towards you. You were about to take his hand before the breaking of glass startled you.

"They're inside," he said pointing out the obvious, but you still felt chills go down your spine. Him saying it somehow made it seem real, like all of this was really happening, you had wished it was just a dream. Part of you thought it was. Instinctively, and curiously, your hand lightly pinched your arm. The bald man watched you, he was confused but shrugged it off as you let out a sigh of disappointment. "Whatever happens next, please know I'm-" he was cut off by a bullet lunging through his head. Right in the middle of his eyes.

You let out a scream, scared for your life you pushed yourself to move and hide under the cooking counter. "Did ya hear that? Someone else's in here!" Said a boys voice. You could tell because it sounded as if he hadn't gone through puberty yet. You swallowed and closed your eyes, quickly praying that the Man above will protect you.

You heard the sound of someone's hand hitting bare skin and you opened your eyes. "I already know that you imbecile! I saw her before we got in..." The voice trailed off as footsteps came closer.