Merry Christmas Eve

A/n: I am thinking of ending this book, and my finish date might be New Years.

But right now, enjoy!

The tree seemed to light up your whole room, the smell of pine needles surrounded you along with the Christmas spirit. "This is beautiful." Your mother said as she wrapped an arm around your shoulders and pulled you close. You smiled and nodded, agreeing with her. It was beautiful, every little light, every ornament. Every family member sitting and staring, every song that played.

All of it was beautiful.

"Is it snowing?" You asked, your eyes on the tree like everyone else except your father who looked out the window. A large smile made its way onto his face.

"Snowing like it's raining out there!" You were a little confused about his choice of words but ran towards the door and opened it. Only you saw something other than snow outside, in fact the other thing was dressed nicely and wearing a tux, holding a box.

"Hello?" You said and the person smirked. "Dylan shouldn't you be with your family?" You asked as he stepped closer to you.

"My family doesn't celebrate Christmas, they're on a cruise to the Bahamas right now, or something," he said and you nodded. He looked around and tapped his foot. "So—" Your mother stepped beside you and he stopped talking.

"Who's this?" Your mother asked, crossing her arms over her chest as she looked at Dylan with a curious smile.

"Um, this is..." You didn't know how to introduce him. He was just a first date to you. A little, tiny fling, tiny crush to you.

When Dylan noticed you were stuck he stuck out his right hand and smiled. "I'm Dylan," he said smoothly. His charming smile made your mother swoon for a second before she regained her senses.

"Okay, Dylan, would you like to come in?" She asked and his eyes flicked to yours.

"No."

You swallowed, you were confused just like your mother. "Oh, um, well I'll let you to talk—"

"I want to know if it would be alright if I took your daughter out for a while?" He said quickly, your mother chuckled as she looked over at you.

"It's her choice." She said before turning around and leaving the two of you standing there like idiots. You punched Dylan's chest in a playful, but annoyed way.

"Hey—"

"What the hell?" You interrupted, crossing your arms over your chest. "Why didn't you just say you were here to ask me out?" You asked, angry.

"Are you mad?" He asked in disbelief. A playful smirk covered his lips. You rolled your eyes and backed away from the door and began to close it, though his foot stopped it just in time. "I'm sorry (y/n), please, I won't ever make fun of you again." He said as he pushed the door open and a wave of cold air hit you which didn't help with your negative mood.

You rose an eyebrow. "Is that so?" You asked sarcastically.

"No." That's what you thought. "But I know you love it when I'm playful, admit it. You love my remarks about your personality." His voice was oozing with sarcasm.

"Leave me alone, Dylan," you told him and stared at his handsome face.

"One date? One date." He said. "That's all I'm asking for." As if that was all it would take for you to give him a second chance.

As you thought over his offer, something in the back of your mind told you to go for it. What could you lose? Except... two hours of your life, with someone you couldn't stand at the moment. "Let me grab my jacket." You shut the door before he let himself in and through the glass you noticed he turned around and walked down your driveway to his jeep.

••

"Wow," you said calmly. "This is romantic." He laughed and continued walking down the pathway in the mall. At the end of it the two of you were suppose to see something magical. Key words: supposed to.

"It gets better," he paused then looked over at you and grabbed your hand. "I promise." Right now his promises meant nothing because you weren't convinced.

"I'm sure."

He stopped at a large white door, where a reef hung in the top middle of it. "Ready?" He asked and you sighed.

"If I say 'no' can we turn around?" You asked hopefully and he shook his head.

He opened the door and the words 'amazing' and 'beautiful' seemed to slip out of your mouth almost instantly. The place looked identical to what someone would imagine the North Pole to look like. Magical, bright, happy. "Can I take a picture of this?" You asked and he pointed out a sigh that read: No Flash Photography. Bah humbug! This place had to be captured with your camera—it was unimaginable.

"How did you find out about this place?" You asked and he ran a hand through his hair.

"My dad runs it, actually. It only opens two days a in a year and it costs some serious bucks to get in." He informed and you nodded.

"Makes sense, this place is wonderful." Your voice echoed because of the lack of people in the huge room. It seemed like a whole town in there. "It took a lot of begging two get this thing rented for 2 hours, trust me."

"I do." You breathed, and he looked at you. You grabbed his hands and sighed. "You should've just waited to take me here the first time you asked me out, I would've married you if you asked." You joked but his face didn't change from the look of admiration in his eyes.

"You're serious?" He said calmly, narrowing his eyes at you. "I'll keep that in mind for future preferences." You hit his chest and he laughed.

"That isn't funny. You were a dueche."

"Fair." He said then pulled you closer to him so his face was inches away. "Are you cold? I'm cold, it's cold in here."

"No," you paused as you looked up at him. "I find it very hot in here—" He wouldn't let you finish that sentence because his lips covered yours in about seconds.

As you pulled away for air you furrowed your eyebrows at him. "What was that for?" You asked and one of his hands cupped your chin.

"Because you looked like you wanted me to." He said and you smirked.

"Oh yeah?" You asked sarcastically and he shrugged.

"It's alright, lots of girls give me that look. I know what they want."

"Do you?"

"Yes." He said before kissing you again. This time you gave him that look on purpose.

A/n: Meeeerrrrrryyy Christmas Eve.

What kinda presents did you get? I don't get mine tomorrow :(

Stay warm and love yourself!🎅🏽
++

If you don't celebrate Christmas...

How was your day?(:
hope it was gooood!