He Gets Jealous

You looked at him, your head rested on your hand, it faced forward. "You're going to scare him away before you even get the chance to say hello, (y/n)." You heard Dylan whisper into your ear, a soft chuckle erupted from his chest shortly after.

"I can't help it..." You whined, your eyes still on the new kid who arrived just this morning. "I'm intrigued, I want to know who he is."

You felt Dylan tense up next to you before he let out a sigh. "He's going to be here all year... Plenty of time to get to know him." He mumbled, his voice seemed cold and distant. Like he wanted to talk about something else, change the subject. "Do you know the answer for question four, I-"

"He looked at me," you breathed, hearts basically formed in your eyes. Out of the corner of your eye you could see his fists ball up and you stopped looking at the new student to see what was going on with your friend. But as you met his eyes, they seemed to go back to their normal color, and his fists that were balled flattened out.

"Why don't you just go talk to him?" Dylan asked, his mind traveled elsewhere, he wanted to distance himself from the thoughts of you liking someone else. Which is what was happening right now. And he couldn't stand it.

"Because," you scoffed, you wondered how he hadn't known why. You were too shy to go up and talk to him, you'd seem like the nerdy girl in all those clichè movies who are way too nice, and has no friends. "You can't just go up and say hi." You said, mentally cursing at yourself because what you had said sounded pathetic.

Dylan looked over at you, his eyes held a hint of amusement in them as he raised his arms and crossed them over his chest. "Why not?" He asked, dragging out the conversation, he wanted to talk to you as long as he could. As he realized this was actually bothering you, he picked up his lunch tray and walked over to the cute new kid. Dylan didn't even glance your way as he sat down a began to start a conversation with your crush. Your jaw dropped open, then a pair of green eyes met yours warmly, you wanted to disappear, but you also wanted to keep looking into his eyes.

Unfortunately, Dylan stood up, breaking your eye contact with the boy who's eyes were the color of a forest. Dylan sat down beside you, a triumphant smile on his lips. "See, that was easy," he explained. You rolled your eyes, and placed your hand on his arm so he would pay attention to you. His eyes flew down to your hand, then slowly up to you. "He thinks you're cute, by the way." He said suddenly, something clouded over in his eyes but you couldn't place what it was.

"You asked him about me?" You asked, you became nervous as you thought about him not feeling the same way.

Dylan shook his head, but he wasn't really listening to you, he was paying attention the the spot where your hand was. "He brought you up, he was curious." He said, his hand covered yours and moved it so it rested on the table, and not his arm. "He wondered if we were a thing." He said, his smile widened and you felt yours doing the same, it was hard for you not too, especially when you were brainstorming ways to impress him.

"He knows you're interested, it's easy from here, just go say hi," Dylan told you, his eyes traveled over your face. He wished he wasn't giving you this advice, but that's what he had to do, he was your friend and as far as he knew that's all he'll ever be.

"Ok," you said. "Here I go." And you stood up, walking over to the guy with forest green eyes.

«»

You sat on the kitchen table chair, waiting for your date to arrive. Dylan was with you also, only he wasn't as happy as you were. "Cheer up, you should be happy for me!" You said with a friendly smile. "I'm finally going on a date like you've always wanted." You said, sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes. "Sure, like I've always wanted," he mumbled, he turned his head towards you. He seemed to look at you like he wanted to say something important. His eyes were darker than their original shade.

"What?" You asked, urging him to tell you what was on his mind.

He got off the couch and began stalking towards you, nothing came out of his mouth. On his face was a look of determination, on yours was confusion and a hint of excitement. "Dylan what-" His lips met yours as his hand came up and held the side of your face. The kiss must've only lasted a couple seconds or three but the things it made you felt were indescribable. As he pulled away, you looked into your eyes and bit your lip to hide the smile that wanted to show. "Care to explain?" You said and he let out a little chuckle, his hands began she shake a bit and you knew he was nervous.

"I've wanted to do that. I've been too scared to tell you I liked you because I didn't want to ruin the friendship we had," he explained. You nodded and let go of your lip, the smile rose on your lips quickly afterward.

"What made you change your mind, then?" You wondered, you didn't know yet what was going to happen between you two, but your were curious.

He looked into your eyes and you saw a look of jealous cloud them, what was he jealous about? Then it clicked. But instead of getting angry and upset about it, you wanted to hear what he was going to use as an excuse. Part of you wondered if he hadn't ever figured out that you had thought of the new guy cute, if you guys weren't going on a date tonight, would he of told you his feelings? Probably not. And that thought troubled you. Even though, if you were in his position, maybe you'd do the same thing? Dylan cleared his throat and your attention drew back to him. "I'm not going to lie. The only reason I told you this... How I feel, was because of your date," yep. You were right. He must've noticed the annoyed expression on your face because he quickly continued on. "But that wasn't the only reason, (y/n). I didn't want to lose you, or lose my chance of you being mine. T-The thought of you being with someone else is just... I hate it, okay? And I knew if I didn't at least tell you, and I didn't take the chance, that I would've hated myself in the future for being the reason I lost someone as amazing as you, to him." Your mouth fell open, and he raised his hand and gently pushed your jaw closed.

"That was the most romantic thing anyone has ever told me," you said. He laughed a little, and as you looked at him closer you saw the look of vulnerability on his face. You being his friend, you felt you had to make sure he knew you weren't going to take advantage of him. So you leaned forward and kissed him, he responded almost immediately and the two of you only pulled away to get air.

"I don't want you to go on that date tonight. The only person your can go on dates with is me," he saw huskily, his arms wrapped around your waist and he pressed you against him.

You rolled your eyes, "I can't just ditch him. I'd be a horrible person if I did that." You argued. "Nothing will happen, I'll go, eat some expensive food, then come home." You reassured him and he seemed to let out a breath of air.

He raised an eyebrow. "I'll even tell him no 'goodnight kiss, tonight' if that makes you feel better?" You said sarcastically.

"It does, actually." He said.

You heard a honk from outside and he let you leave his grip. "I'll be good, Dyl." You promised as you headed towards the door.

"I'm crazy for letting you go, aren't I?" He said, a small smile on his face. His eyes still held the jealous emotion in them, you wished he would forget about any chance that you'd go for the new guy.

"Maybe. We'll see tomorrow, I guess." And with that you opened the door and walked towards the car.

A/n: Wow. My weekend was crazy, how was yours? Just kidding, I don't expect you guys to tell me, I understand. *sniffles* I didn't go trick-or-treating, it was a bummer for me. But luckily I have siblings that did! *laughs like an evil villan* muhahaha-

No, wait, not going there. I'm starting to get weird so I'll let you go. That is if any of you were actually reading this. Totally okay if you don't, these are just merely for my entertainment. Because Wattpad is like, my boyfriend. *cries because all of my friends are getting into/have relationships* I'm so alone.

Well I better get to my lover, (also known as my bed), byeez!