Song Imagine~requested~(Ron Pope) A Drop In the Ocean

(Intro)

"They say if you love something then you let it go, you forget about them or the thing because it's easier." Your friend told you as she sat next to you at the airport. You had used up all your time in this state and now it was time to go back home, to go back to your family. You turned towards her and she smiled reassuringly.

You didn't want it though, you didn't want a reassurance from her telling you everything will be okay. You wanted it from the one person who made you love this vacation the most, the one who you met on day 1 when you arrived. Dylan wasn't here though, and you weren't sure he would show up at all. "Yes, but it's also a test to see if the person you let go actually loves you. Because if they do, they would come. They'd come back to you." You said and you heard her sigh. You didn't quite understand the whole metaphor because you were the one leaving, but you still had to let someone go. You were also hurting.

"A drop in the ocean

A change in the weather

I was praying that you and me might end up together

It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert

But I'm holding you closer than most 'cause you are my heaven"

"Looks like you better get going..." Andrea said as she stood up and pulled you into a hug. A tear rolled down your cheeks as you pulled away from her.

"You're good friends with Dylan, tell him I love him, won't you?" You asked, she looked a little hesitant but gave you a warm smile.

"I'll try." She whispered before she turned around and started to walk away. You found her distant attitude a little confusing but you didn't have time to stop and think about it. You had to get on your flight and head home where your family was.

"I don't wanna waste the weekend

If you don't love me pretend

A few more hours then it's time to go"

As you walked down the aisle on the plane, you remembered the one episode where Ross drove all the way to the airport to catch Rachel and convince her to stay, but she ended up going onto the plane, then getting off again. You kinda hoped Dylan would come to stop you. You knew if he did you would've stay. But he wasn't here, and you were already sitting in your seat next to a man you didn't know.

"As my train rolls down the east coast I wonder how you keep warm

It's too late to cry

Too broken to move on"

You pulled out your phone and scrolled through your photos that were all blurry. Most of them were of you and Dylan, hugging, kissing, being happy. "Is he your boyfriend?" The man next to you asked as his eyes slowly met yours. He gave you a friendly smile and you returned the favor. The man had thinning hair, wrinkly skin, he looked sick, but seemed happy.

He must've been in his 50's, or 60's.

"Sort of..." You said as you looked down at the blurry pictures of you and Dylan. "Well, not anymore because I had to leave." You said with sadness coating over in your voice.

The man nodded and smiled. "He reminds me of someone I know."

"And still I can't let you be

Most nights I hardly sleep

Don't take what you don't need from me"

"You mean you two broke up because you had to go home?" He asked, you nodded. "I had fallen in love with someone I met on my vacation too, you know? I've never forget about how she easily made me happy." He said and you locked your phone so you could focus on him and his story.