Chapter 86: Home in the Fire Nation

Sozin's Comet was flying off in the distance as Aang stood atop the pillar. Momo flew in settling on his shoulder while he watched the airship landing nearby.

"You did it!" cried an excited Sokka supported by Hakoda and Suki as they stepped off the ship.

Toph, Nai, and a few others followed them. Nai, Rizin, and the others from the Fire Nation were astonished to see just how young the Avatar was, especially after witnessing part of the battle between him and the Fire Lord.

"You should've seen yourself!" continued Sokka. "It was amazing! You were all like..." He imitated Aang as the Avatar fighting Ozai. "...and the Fire Lord was all like..." He acted like he was choking and gagging.

Suki stepped over to Ozai who was slumped over on the ground. "So did you, you know...finish the job?" she asked Aang.

"I'm...still...alive," Ozai growled deeply.

She took a step back.

"I learned there was another way to defeat him and restore balance," said Aang. "I took his bending away."

There were expressions of surprise throughout the group, and even shock, especially among the firebenders who were unnerved to learn of what the Avatar was capable.

"Wow!" said Toph. "Who taught you that?"

"A giant lion turtle," he answered with a smile.

"You have the craziest adventures when you disappear," she said shaking her head.

With Hakoda's help, Sokka hopped over towards Ozai and leaned on Suki.

"Well, look at you, buster," he said to the defeated Fire Lord. "Now that your firebending's gone, I guess we should call you the Loser Lord."

"More like the Flame-out Lord," said Hakoda.

"Ha!" laughed Sokka. "Good one, Dad."

"I am the Phoenix King!" said Ozai in a failed attempt to be intimidating before he flopped face forward to the ground.

"Oh, sorry," said Toph sarcastically. "Didn't mean to offend you, Phoenix King of Getting His Butt Whooped."

"Yeah!" said Suki. "Or how about King of the...Guys Who...Don't Win?" she spouted out pathetically.

"Leave the nicknames to us, honey."

"I guess now we take him back to the Capital," said Rizin.

"We'll take him to the brig," said Nai. She turned to Aang. "Thank you, Avatar." She bowed respectfully to him.

She and Rizin took hold of Ozai's arms and forced him to his feet. They walked him inside the ship to the brig where Tadashi opened a cell door allowing them to put him inside.

"Your tyranny's finally come to an end," Nai said deeply to Ozai as they released him allowing him to collapse to the floor. "Murderer."

"I've never murdered anyone that didn't deserve it," he spat while trying to raise himself to a more dignified position.

"The 41st Division deserved it?!" she yelled angrily. "My brother deserved it?!"

He lifted his head, his eyes glaring at her through strands of his disheveled hair. "They weren't murdered," he said slowly. "They were sacrificed for the greater good."

Nai's right fist slammed against Ozai's jaw before she grabbed him by his hair threatening to firebend in his face.

"Nai!" said Rizin. "Don't!"

"Your death will be for the greater good!" she threatened, fire glowing around her fist.

Ozai only laughed at her. "Go on," he taunted. "Do it! You're not weak like that airbender. You're Fire Nation. You're strong enough to do it."