Chapter 57: (Paw) Patrol Part 2

The two of you shoot forward and she swings in front of the man running away and slams on the brakes.

"Freeze!"

"Crap!" He begins to run down a connected alleyway, but you freeze him in place before he can go very far.

"That quirk of yours sure is handy... Now," she turns her attention back to the man, "I believe I told you to freeze, seems you wanted to see if we meant it. Care to explain yourself?"

The man shakes and curses as he struggles in the ice. Suddenly, blasts of energy hit the ground around the motorcycle, and a hazy dust cloud begins to block your view.

You quickly use steam to drive it away, to see the man has been freed and is making another break for it.

Firetamer follows closely behind him and manages to wrestle him down to the ground, pinning him on his stomach.

"Kid, watch out for his accomplice!"

You turn around just in time to block a blast heading your way. There was a woman on top of the building across the street. She continues to barrage you with blasts, but you put up a wall of ice to block her.

Firetamer quickly handcuffs the man to a post, and joins you.

"You can get me up to her, right?" You nod and she continues. "Good. I want you to block her view and then shoot me up to her when she's distracted. Can you do that?"

"Yes, FT!"

Firetamer sticks her head out to see where the woman is, and quickly ducks back behind the ice as a blast goes past her face.

"Damn, I hate getting cornered like this. When I say go, melt the wall by turning it to steam. That should give us some cover. As soon as you do that, I'm going to run towards the building and I need you to lift me when I reach the sidewalk, got it?"

You nod and get ready. Firetamer gives you the go ahead and you do as she instructed. The steam is hot, but thanks to your helmets and costumes it doesn't burn the two of you. Firetamer rushes across the street under the cover of the steam, and you raise her using ice as soon as her foot hits the sidewalk.

The woman on top of the building shoots more blasts at you, but you block them with more ice. Firetamer jumps off of the ice, and slams her fist into the woman, knocking her to the ground. She struggles against Firetamer's strength, but is easily overpowered.

As she deals with the woman, you turn your attention back to the man who was trying to free himself.

"Damn you, brat! Let me go!" He yells when he sees you approaching him.

Sirens blare and you turn your head as a police car arrives.

"Not going to happen. The cops are here anyways; even if I wanted to they'd catch you." You tell him.

The police officers watch the man as Firetamer has you lower her and the woman down from the building. They put the two into their car, and speak to the man who had been pushed over with Firetamer.

After a bit, the two of you wave goodbye to the officers and victim and get back on Firetamer's bike. You had already melted all of the ice while they were talking, and thankfully the only damage from the fight were marks from where the woman's blasts had hit.

"Let's continue!" Firetamer starts her bike, and you continue the way you originally started.

"Where are we going?"

"We're going to head over to where Jeanist should be patrolling, I reached out to him this morning after we heard back from the police. I want to talk to him about it and see if he knows anything helpful."