Chapter 3: The Entrance Exam

"Woah...!" Shinsou and you walk onto the school grounds together and you gasp. "There's so many people here! I wonder if we'll have classes with these people!" Shinsou chuckles at you.

"I just hope we both get in..." He sighs.

"Oh come on! Of course we will! Even if we don't make it into the hero course, there's always the general department!"

"Yeah I guess,"

"I can't wait to see what the exam is! Let's hurry in!" You smile, grab his arm, and drag the bright red boy inside.

Timeskip to beginning of Present Mic's talk thing...

As Present Mic explains what you'll be doing in the physical exam, you look at the sheet you were given. You reach over and take Shinsou's to compare the two.

"Hey! What are you doing?" He whispers.

"Aw man even though our numbers are right after each other, we're in different places..." You whisper back.

"Probably better that way so we can focus more." He replies.

"Yeah I guess that makes sense..."

Timeskip to right before physical exam...

When you arrive at the gates to the fake city you chug some of your water and quickly stretch. Just as you finish up, the exam begins and you rush in, immediately stopping a three point robot with ice. You continue until the three minute mark when you hear a cry for help.

The huge zero point robot had finally made an appearance, and was causing chaos. Without thinking you sprint over, and cover the street with a wall of ice. You see a guy stuck under some rubble and run to help him. Unfortunately, you're not strong enough to lift it by yourself. Thankfully, a boy who appeared to be made of metal was right behind you. Just as he reaches you, the robot smashes through your ice. You quickly change the temperature so ice shards don't go flying everywhere.

"I'll take care of him! You stop that robot!" The boy shouts. You nod and turn back to the robot. Using your ice, you blast upwards and jump towards the robot. As it swings to hit you, you blast ice at it, freezing it. Before the robot can fall on anyone below, you create a net of ice attached to the buildings, so it stays in place.

Just then, you realize you have no safe way of getting down. Well, landing. The wind whips your hair everywhere as you fall towards the ground. You could use your ice, but at the speed you're going at, you would risk falling off.

Just as you prepare yourself to shoot water out of your hands like a jetpack a blond boy shoots up to meet you in the air. "Need a hand?" He laughs.

"YES?!" You yell back as he drops with you. He reaches out and catches you. He must have a flying quirk...

"The name's Monoma. That was pretty cool how you stopped that robot by yourself, but shouldn't you have thought of a way to get down first?" He chuckles as the two of you land.

"Well before you showed up I was about to use my quirk to stop my fall." You laugh. "My name's Y/n."

"Annndddd that's it kids! Time's up!!!" Present Mic shouts over the speakers.

"Oh man... I hope I got enough points..." You sigh.

"Hey! That was awesome how you froze that robot, dude! And it was so manly how you caught her from falling!" Metal boy runs up to the two of you while dragging the guy from before behind him.

"Thanks!" I smile. "My name's Y/n, what about you?"

"I'm Tetsutetsu and this is Takehashi!" The other boy gives a small smile and thanks you for trying to save him before turning to Monoma.

"Why'd you have to slap me dude?!" He asks.

"Monoma slapped you?!" You ask in shock.

"Yeah sorry about that, I needed to borrow your quirk since you couldn't exactly use it and Y/n was falling pretty fast."

"What do you mean borrow it?" You ask.

"I can copy people's quirks for a few minutes if I touch them. See?" He freezes part of the ground.

"Woah!! Cool!" You exclaim. Monoma blushes.

"We'd better head back now. Everyone's almost gone." Monoma points out.

"Ah good point!" The four of you make your way to the gates and drop Takehashi off with one of his friends who takes him over to Recovery Girl.

The three of you continue to chat as you leave the city and head back to the school. When you get there, you see Shinsou waiting by a tree. "Oh! I gotta go now guys!"

"Hey, before you go we should exchange phone numbers!" Tetsutetsu suggests.

"That's a great idea!" You cheer. Both boys blush a little at your enthusiasm. Shinsou notices you chatting with the two boys and feels his mood drop even more. He hadn't managed to destroy as many robots as he had hoped, and was already expecting a letter of rejection.

Finally, you finished chatting with the boys, and said goodbye to them. He smiled back at you when you waved and ran over. "Shinsou! How did you do?" You ask.

"I could have done better. I wish my quirk was better for fighting."

"Hey, come on! I'm sure you did great!"

"Robots don't exactly have minds to control, Y/N..."

"But villains do! I'm sure they'll take your quirk's abilities into consideration too!"

"Yeah I hope..."

-

Finally some action! I'm going to try updating everyday or two for at least this week before my extra classes start up!