Chapter 38: Vs Tokoyami

"It's the third match of the second round, folks! You already know their names!! It's Izumi Y/n versus Tokoyami Fumikage!!! Match, start!!!"

As soon as you hear Present Mic start the match, Dark Shadow comes flying towards you.

You dive and roll to your left to avoid him, then create a barrier of ice so he can't follow. It barely blocks him long enough for you to jump to your feet.

Dark Shadow slams into you, and shoves you towards the edge of the ring.

"I'm not going to lose so easily!" You yell. Blasting Dark Shadow away with one hand and blasting water towards Tokoyami with the other, you free yourself.

"Dark Shadow!! Again!!!" Tokoyami yells.

Before he can hit you again, you freeze a pillar underneath yourself, and fly into the air.

"Woah!! Y/n's in the air now!! Is that really the smartest move when facing Tokoyami's Dark Shadow?!"

Dark Shadow flies towards you in an attempt to grab you while you're still in the air. As you fall, you expand the ice pillar so there's a giant thin sheet of ice between you and the sun.

Dark Shadow recoils as the light magnifies into a concentrated bright beam.

"Ha! I knew it!!" With Dark Shadow distracted, you fall towards Tokoyami. You hit him with a blast of water that knocks him on to his back.

You land at his feet and waste no time freezing him. Dark Shadow flies at you, but you dodge him. As he passes you, you reach out and freeze him in a block of ice.

"Shit..." Tokoyami says.

"Tokoyami is immobilized!! Y/n moves on to the third round!!!"

"Here," you quickly defrost the angry Dark Shadow, and pat his head. "Sorry about that..." You chuckle as Dark Shadow headbutts your hand.

You step towards Tokoyami and quickly evaporate the ice around him as well.

"Thanks..." You help the boy up, and shake hands with him. "You beat me a lot faster than I had hoped..."

"Honestly if that light moved hadn't worked, I don't know if I could have beaten you. It's just like our battle training." You laugh. "If that battle had gone on for a second longer, you would have won."

Tokoyami smiles at you and the two of you exit the stage. As you step inside, you bump into Bakugou.

"Get ready to lose."

"You have to beat Kirishima first. And neither of us are going down without a fight." You smile.

"Tch, I'm still gonna beat both of you and win this thing."

"Good luck out there. I look forward to kicking your butt after this."

"Don't steal my lines!"

You laugh as Bakugou huffs, and head down the hall.

"Better hurry up so you don't miss me beat Kirishima!!" Bakugou calls after you.

"Don't underestimate him!" You laugh and wave.

Not wanting to miss the fight, though, you do speed up. When you get to the stands, the match had already begun.

"Aw, man! I wasn't fast enough!" You say. At the back behind the seats stood Iida and Midoriya. Bakugou and Kirishima were duking it out.

"Oh! Y/n! Congratulations on your win!" Iida says.

"Thanks! Midoriya! Are you okay?!"

"Huh, yeah, I'm alright! Congrats on the win! I wish I could have seen it, but Recovery Girl had to do surgery on my arm..."

"Surgery?!!" You yell. Midoriya looks terrified as you stomp over to him. He backs up against the rail and coward as you loom over him.

"Y/n!" Iida says. He tries to step between the two of you, but before he can you pull Midoriya into a tight embrace. His face goes bright red as he realizes you're hugging him.

"W-what are you-"

"Midoriya! You can't keep hurting yourself like this!! There must be some less self-sacrificing way to use your quirk!" You tell him. Seeing him hurt like this broke your heart.

"I... I know..."

You pull back from your hug and rest your hands on his shoulders. "I hate seeing you hurt yourself. I know the sports festival is important, but your safety is the number one priority. How are you going to be a hero if all you do is destroy yourself?" You ask him.

"I know... I'll try to be more careful from now on..."

"Good-"

"Oh?! Did Kirishima feel that hit?! It looks like Bakugou has finally broken through Kirishima's rock hard defenses!!"

The three of you turn towards the match. On the stage, Bakugou began barraging Kirishima with a series of smaller scaled, but focused, explosions.

"Oh man..."

With one final hit, Bakugou knocks Kirishima out, and he falls to the ground.

"Bakugou's carpet bombing has blasted him into the third round!!! And with that, we have our final four!! Todoroki Shoto, Iida Tenya, Izumi Y/n, and Bakugou Katsuki!!! Which one will come out on top?!"

"Well, I'd better get going then." Iida says.

"Good luck out there! Kick his butt!!" You say.

"Do your best, Iida!"

"Thank you, you two. I'll do my best! Y/n, I look forward to fighting you in the finals!"

"You bet, Iida!"

As Iida heads downstairs, you decide that it's probably be best if you followed. There was no telling how long or quick the match would be, and you wanted time to relax before facing Bakugou.

You say bye to Midoriya, and head down to the prep room. When you get there, you refill your water bottle at the water cooler. After only a few minutes, however, you hear Present Mic.

"And Iida is unable to continue! Todoroki moves on without using his fire powers!!"

"Guess it's my turn already..." You sigh and stand up. After another gulp of water, you head out towards the stage.

This was going to be a tough battle.

-

hey guys! early update this week bc I'm gonna be busy tomorrow. I haven't read this chapter since I wrote it weeks ago lmao so I do what happens but let me know if you found any errors or anything.

I hope you guys have a great day and thanks for reading, voting, and commenting!