Chapter 30: A Crappy Rendition of Cinderella

"Time's up!!!!"

Time seems to move properly again and in everyone's shock, you and Sero forget to catch Bakugou. He face plants into the dirt just a meter or so from Kaminari's feet. Your team breaks formation and rushes over.

"Bakugou! Are you-"

"Dammit!!!" He lets out a long yell and sits up as Present Mic lists off the teams moving on.

"Bakugou...!" You jump back as the boy yells.

"In first place! Team Todoroki!! In second, Team Bakugou!! In third, Team Tetsu- Huh?! Woah! It's Team Shinsou?! Who saw that turnaround coming?! Who even saw it happen?!!" Happiness fills you as you hear Shinsou was moving on. You couldn't see him with all of the ice in the way, but you couldn't wait to congratulate him. "And in fourth!! Team Midoriya!! These four teams will be moving on to the final event! We'll proceed to the afternoon portion of our event after a one hour lunch break! See you then!!"

"Man... That was tough..." You say.

"How's your leg doing, Y/n?" Kirishima asks.

"Running around with a cast of glue isn't fun. I'm going to go try to find that guy and ask him how to get it off... Actually yeah now that I think about it this really does hurt!! Ah, and why did I have to tear the bottom of my boot off?! Recovery Girl can't fix my boot! I'm not going to be able to use them for the battles!"

Sero and Kirishima chuckle at your change in mood. Only a few minutes before, you had looked really to bite someone's head off. Well, Monoma's in particular.

"I guess I'll see you guys later... Time to go get this off my leg and grab my spare shoes..."

"See ya, Y/n! We're gonna try to cheer Bakugou up."

"Huh?! Don't drag me into your suicide mission!" Sero says. You laugh and turn away from the boys.

You couldn't spot Shinsou anywhere, so you figured he was trying to avoid you embarrassing him in front of thousands of people again. You could, however, see the kid from Class B who glued your leg. He and a few of his classmates spotted you hobbling over towards him. One of them was Tetsutetsu.

"Hey, Y/n!! Congrats on getting into the final event!" He smiled.

"Thanks, Tetsutetsu! I'm sorry you guys didn't qualify..."

"Ah don't worry about it... We pulled a sneaky move to steal some points, so it's only fair that we had a sneaky move used on us in the end..."

You smile at him and turn to the glue guy. "Uh hi..."

"Sorry about your leg..." He says.

"It's no problem! I just came over to ask how to get it off." You say. "It was a really effective move! Honestly, if it weren't Kirishima and I, you probably would have pinned us for the rest of the battle!"

He chuckles and scratches his neck. "It shouldn't stick too bad to your skin if you can warm it up a little first, but your pant leg might be done for."

"Aw, man... Guess you're saying I'll have to cut it off then, huh?"

"Yeah, sorry about that."

"Ah well... It's a good thing I brought extra shoes with me. I tore the bottom of my boot off getting it unstuck..."

A boy with black hair and a headband next to Tetsutetsu speaks up. "If you can get the bottom of the boot I can reattach it for you if you want."

"Really? That'd be awesome, thank you!" You give him a big smile, and he awkwardly looks at the ground. He reaches up and fiddles with the back of his headband.