Chapter 5: Welcome, to the Department of Heroics

Weeks pass, and finally it's the first day of school. You and Shinsou walk to school together, but have to separate soon due to being in different classes. As you walk down the hallway towards your class, you bump into Tetsutetsu.

"Oh! Hey Tetsutetsu!"

"Hey Y/n! You excited? I could barely sleep last night!"

"Me too! I wish we were in the same class! It would have been nice to already know someone..."

"Ah don't worry about it! I'm sure everyone's going to want to be your friend once they see how cool you are!"

You chuckle and smile. "Thanks, Tetsu. I needed that."

The two of you reach class 1B and stop. "I'll see you at lunch or something, okay? Good luck!"

"You too! Say hi to Monoma for me!" Once Tetsutetsu walks into his class you continue down to 1A.

When you walk in, you hear a boy yell, "It's her! The girl with the crazy strong ice quirk that I told you about!!"

Huh?

"No way!"

You turn towards the voices and see three boys looking at you. One has blond hair with a black streak in it while the other two have red hair and black hair.

The blond one waves at you to come over. "Hey I was in the same city as you! It was crazy cool how you stopped that huge robot in it's tracks like that!!"

"Thanks!" You smile back.

"I'm Kaminari by the way, what's your name?"

"I'm Y/n."

"I'm Kirishima, and this is Sero."

"It's nice to meet you all!" You smile brightly.

'So cute...!' The boys think.

"So you're the one who got first in the practical then, huh?" A voice from behind snarls.

Surprised, you turn around. "Y-Yeah?"

A boy with blond spiky hair is standing behind you. "Tch... What'd you get on the written exam?"

"I think I got around a 98 or 99?" Uncomfortable with how annoyed and close he was, you back up a little.

"Ha... I got perfect. If it weren't for that kid getting stuck near you I would have won."

"Won... what?" You ask confused. There wasn't anything to win. It was just an exam.

"Best marks obviously." The boy turns and finds his seat. You turn back to Kaminari, Kirishima, and Sero.

"How did he know I saved someone??" You ask the boys.

"Everyone's talking about it! You and that other kid who took down the zero pointer with just one punch!" Kirishima exclaims.

"Wait what other ki-"

"Get your feet off that desk this instant! You're disrespecting the previous students who sat there!" The four of you turn to see what's going on. The glasses boy who spoke up during the practical exam presentation was telling off the boy who had just spoken to you. A second later he turns and notices a plain looking kid walk in.

"Ah! That's the guy who smashed the zero pointer!" Kirishima says. "It was crazy! He broke his arm really bad doing it though..."

"Woah! You'd never guess!" You say.

"If you came here to socialize I suggest you leave."

A weird half dead looking guy appears in a yellow sleeping bag. He's flopped on the ground outside the doorway.

'Who the hell is this guy?!' Everyone thinks.

"I'm Aizawa Shouta, your homeroom teacher."

'Our teacher?!'

"I want everyone to put these on right now and head outside to the P.E. grounds." He holds up the gym uniform that he had taken from his sleeping bag.

Timeskip to a few minutes later...

"A quirk comprehension test?!" Everyone shouts in shock.

"But we just got here!"

"What about the entrance ceremony?"

"If you want to be heroes, we don't have time to fool around. You all understand the school's reputation for freedom on campus. Well, that 'freedom' goes for us teachers, too." Aizawa answers. You share a wary look with Kaminari.

"Softball pitch. Standing long jump. 50 meter dash. Endurance running. Grip strength test. Sustained sideways jumps. Upper body exercises. Seated toe touch. You remember all of these activities from middle school. Of course back then you weren't allowed to use your quirks." Aizawa turns to you. "Y/n, how far could you pitch in middle school?"

Embarrassed, you reply, "I was actually homeschooled for the past year and a half..."

"Ah right, my bad. Bakugou, how far could you pitch?"

"67 meters."

"Try using your quirk this time. Anything is fine as long as you don't leave the circle. Don't hold back."

"You don't have to tell me twice." Bakugou steps up to the circle and stretches his arms. He launches the ball into the air with a massive explosion and screams "DIIIIEE!!!"

'Die...?!'

The ball blasts out of sight, and the machine Aizawa is holding makes a small beep after a few seconds. "Before anything else, you must know what you're capable of. This is a rational metric that will form the basis of your 'hero foundation.'" He holds the machine up for everyone to see.

"705.2 meters?!" You yell. "That's insane!!" Bakugou can't help but smirk when he hears that you're impressed.

"Awesome!! That looks like so much fun!"

"Fun huh? So you were hoping to spend your three years having a fun time? What about being heroes? All right then. In that case, the student who scores lowest will be considered hopeless, and they will be immediately expelled."

"What?! No way...!!"

Although you know you won't come in last place, an intense pressure fills the air. You feel bad for everyone whose quirks aren't suited for the tests. I hope he's not being serious...!

"Our freedom means we can dispense students as we please! Welcome, to the department of heroics!"

-

Sorry this chapter is a little later than the past few. I was outside camping and at the beach all day. I'll be starting up extra classes on Monday but I'll try to write a few chapters this weekend so I can keep up with posting on time.