Chapter 49: Diving Right In

"Your internships start in a week. Those of you who were drafted will receive personalized lists to choose from. Everyone else will be getting a list of 40 hero agencies who are accepting interns. This is an important decision, so choose wisely. Submit your choices to me by this weekend."

"We only have two days to pick?!"

"Then you'd better start thinking!" Midnight says.

You look down at the list Aizawa hands you. It was a big stack of paper all stapled together. Agencies covered both sides of the paper, and it was giving you a headache just thinking about going through them all.

Over the next two days, you thought hard about where you want to go. You end up deciding on the Tokyo Fire Fighting Hero Agency led by the pro hero Fire Tamer. She's a hero who specialises in fire rescues, and has the ability to generate various fire suppressants, making her the perfect fire fighter.

Finally, it's time to head off to your internships. Everyone makes their way to the train station together.

"Has everyone got their costumes? Remember, wearing them in public when you're not with your pro is strictly prohibited, and make sure you don't lose them!" Everyone nods, and Aizawa continues. "Now go, be on your best behaviour!"

"Bye Sir! See you in a week!"

"I still can't believe you didn't go to the Pussy Cats!" Kaminari says.

"I've already trained a ton with them, though. Plus I can train with them whenever I want. I can't exactly train with Japan's number one firefighting heroes everyday!"

"Yeah, good point." He says.

"Oh! My train should be here any minute! I'd better hurry!" You quickly say your goodbyes to your classmates and head off.

After riding via bullet train, you find yourself in the heart of Tokyo. The city is bustling with noise, and everyone is in a hurry to be somewhere.

"Let's see..." You look at the directions on your phone. "The agency should be just a few blocks away..."

As you reach the agency, fire trucks fly out of the building past you with their sirens blasting.

"Hey, you! You're Y/n, right?" A woman jogs out. Although her costume was almost exactly the same as a regular firefighter, you recognized her immediately.

"Yes! Did something happen, Fire Tamer?"

She takes off her helmet to reveal a soot covered face. "Something's always happening in Tokyo, kid. Now, bathroom's to the left of the doors as soon as you go in. Throw on your costume and leave your things at the front desk! We've got a job to do!"

"Right!"

You quickly change into your hero costume and run to meet Fire Tamer outside. It's a good thing I ate earlier!

"Good! Here at my agency, timing is everything! If you aren't fast enough, you get left behind! Now hurry up! Let's go take that fire down!"

She runs over to a motorcycle on the side of the road. It had charred lines in it from previous missions, but looked like a sturdy machine.

You hop on behind her and she hands you a small button like object.

"What's this?"

"Put it on the back of your helmet and press the button. It's a portable helmet."

You gasp as a helmet unfolds perfectly against your costume helmet.

"Better get used to the tech. We've got some of the best in Japan thanks to my sidekick, Engitech. Now hold on!"