Chapter 45: All Healed Up

You follow Todoroki out of the room and down the hall back to Recovery Girl's office.

He waits in the hall as Recovery Girl finishes healing you.

When she finishes, she has to call Todoroki in to help you stand.

"I misjudged how much stamina it would take. Plus, her head wound from earlier was worse than I thought. I don't know if she'll be able to even walk."

You feel extremely tired as you look up. "Ah, Todoroki... There you are..."

He gives you a worried look as he sees your half closed eyes.

"Y/n, can you stand?"

"Hmm... Let's see..." Todoroki offers you his hand and you take it. You rise to your feet, but quickly fall. Todoroki catches you and you slump against his chest.

"Y/n!" Todoroki quickly sets you back down on the bed and holds you upright. "Is her head injury still there?!"

"No. I finished healing it, and that's what drained most of her strength."

Todoroki thinks for a moment before kneeling with his back to you. "Come on, Y/n. Get on my back."

You giggle a little at the thought of oh so serious Todoroki giving you a piggyback ride.

"Y/n, please."

"She's pretty out of it thanks to how tired she is." Recovery Girl sighs.

"Y/n, if you get on my back, I'll get you chocolate on the way home."

Hearing that, even in your sleepy state, motivated you enough to force yourself up. You got on to Todoroki's back, and laughed as he stood up.

"H-hold on to me!" Todoroki says as you sway backwards. You grab on to his shoulders and laugh again.

"Jeez... Be careful with her, Todoroki. It was a good thing you got her address before I healed her."

"Yeah... Have a good night, Recovery Girl."

"You, too."

"Bye bye!" You laugh and let go of Todoroki once more to wave.

"Y/n!" Todoroki leans forward to avoid dropping you, and you flop against him. Of course this just made you laugh more.

As he walked down the hall, you couldn't help but stare at Todoroki's hair. Unable to control yourself, you ruffled it up.

"Y/n! What are you doing?!"

"Ha, it's so soft!" You rest the side of your face on his back. "You're really warm, Todoroki."

Todoroki felt his face flush and match the red in his hair. His heightened embarrassment made his body temperature rise once more.

As he made his way down the hall, he noticed you go quiet. He stopped for a moment, and when he felt your breathing, he realized you had fallen asleep.

A few steps down the hall, a boy with purple hair ran into him.

"Oh, you're that guy from before..." Todoroki says.

"Huh?! Y/n?!" Shinsou jumped as he realized you were being carried away by some guy.

"Shh. You'll wake her up."

"What are you doing with her?! And why's she asleep?!"

"Calm down. Recovery Girl healed the rest of her wounds, and she was too tired to walk. I'm giving her a ride home."

"Yeah? Have any proof?"

"Do you see a broken arm?"

Shinsou was silent for a moment. It was true, you hardly looked injured at all.

"Fine. I'll believe you. But if you're lying-"

"I'm not."

"Tch, whatever you say. I'll be coming over to check on her when I get out of here."

"That's not a problem with me."

"Good."

"Then I'll be on my way-"

"Hitoshi? Is that you?" You mumble.

"Y/n, you're awake!"

"You woke her..."

"Ha ha, Hitoshi lemme feel your hair..." You giggle.

Shinsou goes red when he hears you.

"What?"

"She's really out of it right now."

"She was fine a few minutes ago." Shinsou glares.

"Recovery Girl made me all better!" You laugh. "Now I get a ride home from the big scary man!"

"What?!"

"She's talking about my father. He's the number two hero, Endeavor."

"Sorry, but I'm not letting you take Y/n anywhere she finds frightening." Shinsou tells Todoroki.

"Fine. You said you live near her, right? You can come along."

"Huh?" Shinsou looks at Todoroki in surprise.

"Do you have all of your things with you?"

"Well yeah, but-"

"Come on then."

Todoroki turns around and continues walking down the hall leaving a surprised Shinsou standing behind him.

"...Fine."