Chapter 60: The Hero Killer Part 2

"Y/n!!!!!" Todoroki yells your name as he tries to get to you. Stain blocks him with a swing of his sword, forcing Todoroki and Iida further back.

You look down to where the pain is coming from. One of Stain's knives is buried in your abdomen, and you feel yourself getting queasy as you stare at it. Wrapping a hand around it, your head begins to spin. The knife in your thigh is still locked in place with your ice to prevent it from bleeding too much. It didn't seem to go as deep thanks to your uniform pants over your costume. The third knife had thankfully only sliced you, leaving a searing cut on your left arm.

Suddenly, Stain is in front of you, reaching to get your blood. Without a chance to react, Iida suddenly appears and kicks him once again. Immediately after, Todoroki creates an ice wall between you and the villain. He rushes to your side as you slump against the wall behind you.

"Y/n!!! Stay awake! You're losing too much blood!" He catches you and holds you in his arms.

"Sorry, Todoroki... I guess I should have trained more, huh..." You wince as the pain spreads and your eyes grow heavy.

"There will be plenty of chances for you to keep training. Don't talk like that."

"I don't know... This is really starting to hurt..." Your knees grow weaker and Todoroki has to support almost the entirety of your weight.

Behind him, Iida is giving his all to keep Stain away.

"I won't let you near her!!!"

"Focus on me, Y/n. We're getting you out of here." He reaches into his pocket and grabs some gauze. "Wrap this around the knife and pack it in. You need to get the bleeding to slow down, I have to help Iida. None of us will be safe if the Hero Killer slips past him."

A flash of light flies past Todoroki, and slams the killer into the opposite wall. "Focus on Y/n!!! Iida and I can handle him!!!"

"Midoriya!" Todoroki is caught off guard, but quickly regains his composure. "Right! Y/n, this is going to hurt."

You brace yourself for the pain, and bite your glove as Todoroki wraps the blade. Your blood immediately soaks through the gauze and Todoroki curses.

"Todoroki, move your hand." You wince.

"We need to keep pressure on it or-"

"Move your hand."

"But-"

"I'm going to freeze it."

"Y/n, that's not a good idea. That much skin, with how deep it is, it's going to-"

"I don't care! Midoriya and Iida need your help!"

Todoroki looks over his shoulder at the two desperately fighting to keep the Hero Killer occupied. Taking advantage of the distraction, you shove his hand away and freeze the wound shut.

"Fuck!!" You yell and feel your vision darken once again at the amount of pain shooting from your abdomen.

"Y/n!! Dammit! I told you not to!"

"Well, unless you're going to use your fire, this is the only way to stop me from bleeding out! I'm not ending up a puddle of blood like my parents!!" Tears stream down your face as you say it, half from physical pain, half from the memories of the blood stained ground where your parents had fallen.

"Y/n...! You won't end up like them!!!" Midoriya shouts.

"We won't let you!!" Iida slams a kick into the side of Stain's face, and he begins to cackle.

"You ignorant fools! All of you!! I've decided!! The girl dies first!!!! And you're all going to watch!!!!"

"We won't let you!!!" Midoriya punches the villain hard enough to break two of his fingers.

Todoroki sets you on the ground and stands up with his back to you.

"Y/n, are you able to use your quirk?"

"I think I still have some left in me..."

"When I attack, I want you to use it to get out of here. Shoot yourself out into the street. My father's company should be here in the area soon. Get out there and make as big of a commotion as you can."

"But what about you guys?"

"You can't do much as is. The best thing for all of us is getting you away. Besides, we'll be right behind you." Todoroki turns to give you a reassuring look.

"Shit!!!!!" Midoriya yells as the Hero Killer slips past him and Iida.

"Todoroki!!!" The Hero Killer's face appears right above your friend's shoulder. His blade dances next to his head, and you see Todoroki's eyes widen.

Before it touches, you use up the rest of the power stored within you. A huge blast of ice stems from the ground in front of you, avoiding Todoroki and hitting the Hero Killer. The unexpected attack sends the Hero Killer flying into the air, and Midoriya and Iida quickly leap after him.

"Now Midoriya!!!!!" Iida yells and you see the signature glow of his engine powering up.

With devastating force, Iida's Recipro Burst and Midoriya's boosted punch connect with Stain, and he slams into the ice you had created. Todoroki wastes no time in freezing a slide to catch your two classmates as the cloud created by the impact slowly swirls around. The alleyway falls deadly silent, and the echoes of screams from deeper in the city seem years away. 

"Is it over?" You ask.

Todoroki blasts fire across the ice, clearing the cloud of dust. Laying in the midst of it is the Hero Killer, fully unconscious.

"He's out cold, right?" Midoriya peers at the Hero Killer.

Todoroki nods, and turns back towards you. "Y/n, you need to sit back down. You've lost way too much blood and used way too much water. Midoriya, see if you can find anything we can use as rope to tie him up. Iida, take his weapons away from him, just in case he wakes up."

Midoriya begins to search, and you feel your eyes growing heavy. Todoroki removes your helmet, and cups your face in his hands.

"Y/n, I need you to stay with me, you can't go to sleep yet. Wake up." He gently shakes you as you struggle against the exhaustion. "Y/n, I'm being serious, I need you awake."

You pry your eyes open just enough to see Todoroki kneeling in front of you, worry written all over his face.

"I'm sorry..." You mumble.

"Don't apologize. I don't know if we would have won without your help. Besides, you just saved me."

The pro who had been the initial target has gotten up, and is helping Midoriya pull the villain to the ground to be tied up. Todoroki gives them a hand as Iida keeps an eye on you.

"Y/n... I'm sorry you got caught up in this and so hurt because of me..."

You give him a weak smile. "That's what heroes do, right? Not to mention, friends?"

He looks uneasy and frowns at the ground. "I'm sorry..."

"That should do it." Midoriya says. "Todoroki, you carry Y/n, we've got him."

Todoroki nods as Midoriya and the pro begin dragging Stain before turning to you. Iida follows the two as Todoroki kneels in front of you once again.

"Alright, Y/n, this may hurt a bit. I need you to tell me if I'm hurting you too much." You nod at him and he picks you up bridal style.

Wincing at the knife digging into your stomach, you clutch the handle. Todoroki carefully walks you out with the others.