Chapter 22: The Battle Isn't Over Yet

"You must all prepare for your next tribulation... The UA sports festival is fast approaching!"

"That's so ordinary!"

"A sports festival!"

"Is that even safe? We just had a villain attack!"

The class erupts into noise, but quiets down once more as Aizawa continues.

"That's the point. It's imperative that we show the public that UA's crisis management protocols are sound... That's the idea anyways. Compared to past years, security will be heightened. There'll be five times the police presence, and it'll be much harder to get in. Anyhow, the UA sports festival is the greatest opportunity you'll get. It's too big of an event to be cancelled over a few villains. This is a hero school after all."

"You sure about that? It's just a stupid sports festival..." You and the rest of your classmates turn to look at Mineta.

"Mineta... are you saying you've never seen UA's sports festival?!" Midoriya asks him in shock.

"No, of course I have. That's not what I mean..." He mumbles back.

"Our school's sports festival is one of the biggest events here in Japan! Back in the day, the Olympics were the world's sports festival, but as you know it's popularity today has shrunk to only a fraction of what it once was. As far as Japan's concerned, what's taken the place of the Olympics is the UA sports festival!" Aizawa tells him.

Yaoyorozu chimes in. "The nation's top heroes will all be watching. They'll be there scouting us out!"

"I know that...!" Mineta grumbles.

"They'll be looking to hire us as sidekicks after we graduate." Kaminari adds.

"And a lot of those sidekicks get stuck there and never manage to make it solo. They're stuck as sidekicks forever. That'll be you, Kaminari, you dunce." Jirou jokes.

"Hey!"

"Naturally, you'll gain lots of valuable experience and popularity if you're picked by a big-name hero. But you only have so much time. Show the heroes and world what your made of here, and you'll make a future for yourselves. This happens once a year, so you only have three chances. If you're honestly hoping to become a hero this is an event you can't let go to waste!"

It was difficult keeping your excitement bottled up inside of you during class. By the time fourth period⁠-modern lit⁠-was over and lunch was beginning, everyone was bursting at the seams.

"This has got me so freaking pumped!" Kirishima said as everyone stood up from their desks. "if we show our stuff here, that's one big step towards going pro!"

"I can't wait! It's gonna be so nerve-wracking fighting with all of those eyes on us, but it sounds like so much fun!" You say.

"Eek! What happened to your face, Uraraka?!" You hear Midoriya exclaim from the other side of the class. Uraraka had a scary-serious expression painted on her face.

"Woah! You're not looking very Uraraka, Uraraka!" Mina says.

"Everyone! I'm gonna crush this!!" She yells.

"Yeaahhh!!" You, Kirishima, and Sero join them. "But talk about inconsistent characterization!"

You laugh as you follow the two boys out of the classroom. Kaminari came running up from behind to catch up.

"Hey Y/n! You wanna eat with us today?" He asks.

"Sorry guys I have to go talk to All Might about something first. If I have time after then definitely!"

"Aw okay. See ya later!"

You turn down the hall towards the teachers lounge to check for All Might. You wanted to ask if anything important on the video had shown up for the detective.

The halls were quite a bit busier compared to Wednesday afternoon. It made sense. Voices filled the air, but not many sounded happy.

"Are they crazy holding the sports festival?"

"What's the point of us being there anyways? All we do is make the heroics kids look better."

"What if the villains attack again during the event? What if all of the heroes are so busy here that villain attack the rest of the city?"

It couldn't be helped. Of course a lot of students weren't going to be happy about the sports festival happening so soon after a villain attack on school grounds. It was a little funny, though. You were the only student you could see from your class around you. None of these kids had actually been there for the attack on USJ. Almost all of the students who were attacked didn't seem to care, but everyone else did.

After weaving through the crowd, you managed to find the right door. You knocked and Present Mic opened the door.

"Hey there kid, what can I do for ya?"

"I had a question for All Might. Is he here?"

"Sorry kiddo, but he's off somewhere. Said something about finding Midoriya to talk to him about the sports festival. Probably to do with his love for breaking bones." He tells you.

"Oh alright. Thank you anyways." You smile.

You wander the halls looking for him but to no avail. Not wanting to miss your lunch completely, you decide to eat in the classroom.

By the end of the day, everyone had called down a little from the excitement of the sports festival, and you were feeling pretty exhausted. The final bell had rung and everyone was packing up to head home. Your body was aching from your bruises, so you decided to rest for a few minutes. Uraraka was the first to the door, and when she opened it a large crowd of students greeted her.

"Woah...! What's going on?!"

You turned to look over to see what was happening. Midoriya, Iida, and Mineta were close behind her.

"There's no way out! What do they all want?!" Mineta asked.

"Move it, shrimp. They're here to scope out the competition obviously." Bakugou shoved past him to the front. "It makes sense they'd want to check us out before the festival. We are the kids who just kicked some villain ass not even a week into school."

You sigh and turn your head back facing down. This could wait. I'm sure seeing you nap would make them underestimate you, so it's a win-win. They get their peek, and you get a glorious five minute nap.

"No point though. Get outta the way, you lame side characters."

"Woah woah woah!!" You hear Midoriya and Kirishima yell in response.

"Bakugou! Please refrain from calling those you don't even know lame side characters!!" Iida tells him. Ugh, please just let me have a quick nap...!

You hear a familiar voice come from the crowd. "It's true. We came to get a good look at all of you kids in the heroics department, but you sure are modest. Are the rest of you like him?" Hitoshi!

-

hey guys what's up I decided to add titles to all of the chapters and the ones here on out to give a little preview of what's to come and also just to make them look less plain so yeah

I hope you're all having a great summer so far and thanks for reading and voting!