Chapter 115: Another Hospital Checked Off

"Excuse me! Eraserhead! What is your plan for keeping Izumi Y/n safe while in the hospital here? Shouldn't she still be kept somewhere locked up in case the villains are planning on reattempting to kidnap her?"

"Should she be walking with her injuries? Did she really get hurt that badly if she's walking?"

"Izumi Y/n!! Can you describe the villains who attacked your camp? What did they say to you? Why did they want to kidnap you?"

"How did it feel battling the villain who killed your parents? Were you happy to be able to confront him?"

That question ticks you off, and you turn your head to search for the reporter who said it.

"Izumi, over here! It's said you even tried killing him! Is this true?"

"Leave the poor girl alone. She's been through enough." Aizawa snaps and rests a hand on your good shoulder, urging you forward through the crowd.

"Eraserhead, what does UA plan to do to rescue Bakugou Katsuki? How did you allow him to get taken under your supervision?"

You can feel the anger and shame emanating from Aizawa, and you lose your temper. "Eraserhead is the best teacher I've ever had and would do anything for me and my classmates! Don't you dare try to pin the blame on him! It's the League of Villains that are to blame!"

"That's enough." Aizawa snaps at you, his voice low and serious. "Keep your mouth shut and keep walking."

"Sorry, sir..." You mumble and continue walking. The reporters quiet down for a moment, but your words give them a whole new energy as they try to get another rise out of you.

"She's got an attitude, is it possible they wanted to recruit her because of it?"

"They're saying that's why Bakugou Katsuki was kidnapped!"

"Izumi Y/n, did they ask you to join them?!"

You clench your fist in anger. "If that's why they kidnapped Bakugou, they're even more stupid than they look...!" You say.

"I said that's enough." Aizawa says sternly, and you can tell he really means it. I'm in deep shit...!

Finally, the two of you make it past the hospital gates and inside. Given how late it is, visiting hours are over, and it's just staff.

"What did I tell you?!" Aizawa snaps as the doors close.

"Sorry, sir...! I just couldn't stand listening to them talk badly about you two...!"

Aizawa sighs. "You've got a long road ahead of you if you can't handle a little bit of pressure from the media."

"You're one to talk..." You grumble.

"Did I hear attitude?!" He snaps.

"...No, sir." You grumble again.

Aizawa groans and runs his hand through his hair. "Listen, I know you're frustrated and dealing with a lot, but you have to trust that us pros can handle ourselves. The media is always complaining about something we've done. As for Bakugou..." He sighs. "Well, they'll find out sooner or later just how serious he is about going pro."

"You're right..."

"Now come on, let's get you checked in."

Aizawa leads you to the front desk, and the two of you are taken through the hospital to a room where you'll be staying.

"Now, we're going to take your blood and run a few tests overnight. In the morning, we'll go over the results and see what we can find." The doctor tells you and your teacher.

He draws your blood, and you almost wonder if they're the ones planning on making a clone with how many vials they take. Dizziness washes over you, and you can hardly keep your eyes open.

"You okay, Y/n?" You hear Aizawa talking to you, but it feels a million miles away.

"She shouldn't be that dizzy after this many vials. Is she normally like this?"

"She did lose a lot of blood during the fighting... But it's concerning. Now that I think about it, she passed out due to pain yesterday when I found her, too. And earlier she fell to the ground when she hit her broken arm off of the table..." His voice sounds so far away...

"Well, Recovery Girl will be stopping by bright and early to heal the other students. I'll make sure she comes here, too."

"Thank you, I'll update her aunt. She was worried sick, but had to take care of Y/n's younger brother."

"Kota..." You mumble.

"He's safe, Y/n. You did well protecting him."

As you hear Aizawa's words, you slowly drift off to sleep, and the world fades to black.

The next day, you wake up to a clamouring outside of your room.

"Is she in there? Do you see her?"

"Move, man!"

"The blind is covering most of the window, so I can't see!"

"Didn't I tell you kids to leave her be?!!"

There's a chorus of apologies, and the door slams open to reveal the doctor from last night. He looks exhausted.

"You UA students sure are pushy..." He sighs. "That's the third time I've had to chase them away."

You chuckle at his expression and apologize. "Sorry to cause you so much trouble, doctor."

He grunts in response. "Now, Eraserhead filled me in on the details of your 'identity crisis' so-to-speak. I don't know if this is good news or bad news, but none of the tests came back questionable. Everything seems to be in order. Your height, weight, blood type... Everything is accurate. Nothing looks to be wrong on any of the blood tests."

"So I'm... I'm really me?"

"As far as I can tell, yes. I already told Eraserhead and the police, so you don't have to worry about that. We're going to keep you here for a few more days though, just to be safe."

"I feel a lot better than I did yesterday..."

"You can thank Recovery Girl for that. She stopped by while you were asleep and healed you up. Now, we are a bit concerned with your pain tolerance..."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, since you've been... Found, we'll say. You've been observed to have a much lower pain tolerance than usual."

"I mean, I was crazy injured." You say.

"That's true. However, your instructor mentioned that the clones he fought could only handle so much damage before they dissolved. The same seemed to be true about the ones you fought."

"So you think... If I have a lower pain tolerance... I may be a clone after all?"

"That's the current working theory, unfortunately. But, that's for another day. For now, we're going to assume the best based on your blood testing. Those up top want to wait a bit longer until they're able to find any evidence that you actually were kidnapped, because for now, all they've got going for them is a bracelet."

I really might be a clone...

"Now, don't go doing anything stupid, like trying to see for yourself if you can handle some pain. There are cameras in your room, and staff monitoring your every move."

"Right... Thank you, sir."

"Just try to get some rest, okay kid? You'll be happy to know two of your classmates are getting discharged tonight."

"I'm glad to hear it..." You say.

Am I really their classmate? Am I really me?

"Don't make me regret being honest with you, kid."

"I won't."

Who am I?