Chapter 34: Ice Ice Baby

There was a TV broadcasting the fight thanks to the camera bots, so you and Shinsou didn't have to worry about missing the fight while walking to your seats.

On the screen, you watched Sero and Todoroki make their way up on to the stage. As soon as the match began, Sero captured Todoroki with tape, and swung him towards the boundary.

"Come on, Sero!" You say.

Before Sero can win, Todoroki shoots ice towards him. The screen pauses for a second as a loud rumble fills the stadium. The ground shakes and you grab on to Shinsou's shoulder to keep from falling over.

"What the hell..." Shinsou says.

You look up at the screen to see Sero trapped in a piece of ice so humongous that it towered out over the top of the stadium.

"That's way overboard!!" You exclaim. The temperature of the hallway you were in dropped, and Shinsou shivered.

You could hear Midnight announce Todoroki had won. Todoroki walks over to where Sero was frozen, and begins to unfreeze him.

"That was insane...!" Shinsou says.

"Yeah-"

"Could Izumi Y/n please come out to the stage and assist in clearing the ice?" You hear Aizawa say over the announcements.

"Oh crap, I'd better go help. I'll see you later, Hitoshi!"

"Good luck in your battle!"

"Thanks!!"

You give him a thumbs up before running out into the arena. When you get outside, everything's so bright, you have to cover your eyes.

"Holy crap!!" The amount of ice was insane. You could see Todoroki almost had Sero free from the ice and jogged over.

"Alright, folks! We're gonna have a quick break while the ice gets cleared!" Present Mic tells everyone.

"Hey, you two!" You say as you reach the two boys.

"Oh, hi Y/n..."

"Hey again, Y/n,"

"Man, you really went a little overkill, huh, Todoroki." You laugh.

"Yeah... I was angry... Sorry again, Sero..."

"It's no problem, man. Maybe next time don't freeze half the stadium, though." He chuckles.

"That should do it." Todoroki says as he finishes thawing Sero. His uniform was all damp, so you stepped forward.

"Here, Sero, let me dry that for you." You place your hand in front of his chest and evaporate the remaining water from his uniform.

"Thanks, Y/n. So, how are you two gonna get rid of all of this ice? I'm surprised they didn't ask anyone else to come help melt it."

"Yeah, and I've got my match coming up... Oh man..."

"Sorry to drag you out here, Y/n..."

"Don't worry about it, Todoroki!" You smile. "I'm not using up any water so I'll be fine."

"That's good..."

"Well, good luck you two. I'm gonna go up to the stands now."

"See ya, Sero!"

You turn towards the giant chunk of ice sitting in front of you and sigh as you place your hands on your hips.

"Well, this ice isn't going to get rid of itself. Do you wanna start on the left side and I'll start on the right?" Todoroki nods and the two of you head over.

You weren't too worried about exposing your quirk to your opponents. After all, the only person who didn't know all about your quirk was Shiozaki.

Evaporating the ice didn't seem to be that big of a problem. Due to its volume, it took a few minutes, but it wasn't all that hard.

By the time fifteen minutes had passed, you and Todoroki were pretty much finished. You had to go up into the stands to get the higher up ice, and you climbed up the ice to get the stuff on the roof.

"Hey, be careful up there, kid!! You've still got a battle to take part in!" Present Mic said over the announcements.

"I am!" You laughed back and waved. You had told Todoroki not to worry about it the last bit. You quickly melted it, and froze a slide down to Class A and B's seating. It was where you had gotten up in the first place, and once you evaporated the slide, you took your seat beside Bakugou again.

"Alright!!! Thank you to Todoroki Shoto and Izumi Y/n for clearing all that ice in under twenty minutes!"

Some members of the crowd clap before Present Mic continues.

"With the arena all thawed out, it's time for the next match!! On one side, Class B's deadly assassin! Every rose has it's thorns, and Shiozaki Ibara is no exception!!! And on the other side, the walking power outlet, it's Kaminari Denki!!!!"

"Excuse me, pardon the interruption, but what did you mean by 'deadly assassin?' My sole reason for being here is to become a hero and save lives, not end them. Although we are indeed fighting, I have no intentions whatsoever of killing my opponent." Shiozaki says to Present Mic.

"Sorry, sorry! Just a metaphor!"

"I care deeply for the wellbeing of everyone here, and although we are fighting, I do not wish anyone serious or permanent harm."

"I said I'm sorry! I didn't mean it! Anyways, it's time for the match to start! And, begin!!"

"I wonder what Shiozaki's quirk is..." You say.

"Whatever it is, Pikachu is done for."

"Bakugou! I didn't know you knew your Pokémon!" You turn your attention away from the match as Kaminari lets off a huge amount of electricity.

"Who the fuck doesn't know who Pikachu is?"

"Todoroki didn't know what Pokémon was."

"Huh? How-"

"Kaminari Denki is immobilized. Shiozaki Ibara moves on to the second round!" Midnight interrupts.

"Oh! That was fast!" You turn back towards the screen to see Kaminari wrapped up in Shiozaki's vines. "You were right, Bakugou."

"Course I was"

"Moving on!! Who's next to take the stage? The first round is almost halfway over! It's Iida Tenya of the Heroics course versus the Support Department's very own Hatsume Mei!"

"Well, I think I'd better go and wait in the prep room. I'll see you later, Bakugou!"

"Don't you dare lose. I plan on kicking your ass later."

"It's gonna be the other way around!" You laugh.

"In your dreams!"