Chapter 120: The Basement - Day Two

"That'll do it. Now..."

Dabi yanks your hair hard, and you gasp in pain. He uses the opportunity to shove the gag back into your mouth, and drops your hair to fasten it in place.

"Mmmf...!" You try to speak, but it's no use.

"I'm sick of looking at you. It's time for me to go and relax." He glares. "Don't think I'll leave you alone overnight. One of my doubles will be watching over you, just like how your double is laying all comfy in a hospital bed right now."

With your eyes covered, you can hear him dial on his phone. They answer, and he tells them he's ready. A minute later, there is a whoosh, and someone's feet echo off of the floor.

"Woah, don't cha think you went a bit overboard, Dabi? You should have tortured her more!" Twice. He must have been teleported here from their base... Damn, Dabi may not even come in through the door! Who knows if they'll even be able to trace this place... At least it'll just be a clone with me while Dabi is off relaxing...

"Just hurry up and clone me. I need to wash my hand. Brat bit me a few minutes ago."

You try to laugh, but it comes out as a garbled sound instead. Twice's boots echo off of the floor as he walks towards Dabi, and you can hear the whooshing faintly continue. They must have the portal open still... If I could figure out where that leads... But it'd be stupid to try to go through it... The rest of the League of Villains is almost definitely on the other side...

"On it! Why can't you just watch her?" A bubbling sounds, and you hear a fresh pair of feet hit the ground. "Yo! You're a clone! Nice to meet you, you jerk!"

"You're watching this brat overnight. Make sure she doesn't escape or do anything. I'll be back in the morning."

"Whatever..." The clone sighs. The stool Dabi had been sitting on earlier drags across the ground, and creaks as he presumably sits on it.

"Keep the gag and blindfold on her."

"See ya later Dabi and Y/n! Have a good night! Hope you're tossing and turning!"

"Not like she can move." Dabi sighs. "Come on, I want a drink."

The two different pairs of footsteps walk across the floor and disappear, and the whooshing finally stops after a final warble.

"Don't get any funny ideas. You won't be able to beat me like those other two."

You grumble incoherently in response and wish you could lay down. On top of the pain from your injuries, your head is aching from the dehydration.

"Sit still and be quiet. I don't want to spend my time listening to you groan and watching you writhe around."

It takes a while, but soon the exhaustion from the pain catches up to you, and you drift off into an uncomfortable slumber.

.
.
.

Unaware of how long you were asleep for, you groan and open your eyes. Aching fills your body, and it hurts to lift your head and move it.

"Looks like you're finally awake, huh? Too bad for you, it's not time yet. Sleep or sit there, I don't care. Just be quiet." Dabi's clone grunts. A page flips, and you can only guess that he's reading a book.

You sit there for who knows how long before drifting off to sleep again. It isn't a very deep or comfortable sleep, and you wake up a few times throughout.

"Wake up. They're here." Dabi's clone says.

You stir from your light rest and look up. Of course, you don't see anything, but you hear a familiar whooshing followed by footsteps.

"Any issues?" Dabi asks.

His clone replies with a no, and the real Dabi seems pleased.

"Afternoon, Dabi's clone! Have fun? Didya cry?"

"I've got some things to do back at the League, so I won't be here for long." The real Dabi's footsteps come closer to you, and his hand grabs the blindfold over your eyes. He yanks it up, and the stands of hair that were tied into the knot are ripped from your head.

You wince from the pain, and blink a few times as your eyes adjust to the light emanating from the few electric lanterns scattered on the floor. Dabi leans down close to your face, and tosses the blindfold to his clone.

"You feeling any more cooperative today?" He asks, studying your eyes and face.

You grumble in response, knowing he wouldn't even understand you if you had spoken clearly thanks to the gag. Dabi's eyes narrow, and he sighs.

"Didn't think so. Well, in a few hours we'll be waking your friend up. Thought I'd take another photo in case he needs more convincing tonight."

Twice said it was afternoon, and if it'll be night in a few hours, it must be later in the afternoon... That means it's been almost two full days since I was taken...

"Whatever math you're doing, quit it." Dabi says. "It's not like it'll help you. I had a few drinks last night, and slept halfway decent, so I'm feeling a little generous. If you keep behaving for the clone, maybe I'll let you see a photo of Bakugou tomorrow after he joins us tonight. Maybe even eventually I'll let him talk some sense into you. Once we can trust him, that is."

His confidence in the League of Villains being able to sway Bakugou makes you laugh against the gag in your mouth.

"She thinks it's funny!" Twice frowns. "I agree!"

"Get that grin off of your face." Dabi grabs your broken arm and squeezes.

Gasping in pain, you begin to cough and tear up as your broken ribs hurt as well. Dabi takes out his phone, and snaps another photo of you. The flash hurts your barely adjusted eyes, and you close them. When you do, you realize there's water in the room.

Your eyes snap open, and you stare where you feel it is. Twice jumps as you stare intently at him. His hand is behind his back, and Dabi smacks the side of your head.

"Freaky! She knew it was there! Of course she would..."

Flames cover Dabi's hand, and the clone yawns as he watches. The real one beckons Twice to pass it to his clone. "You. I'm going to make sure she doesn't try anything. You're going to hold it up for her to drink."

"Why me?"

"I don't want to get attacked! Not that she's strong!" Twice says.

With his free hand, Dabi yanks the gag out of your mouth. "If you so much as think of doing anything with that water instead of drinking it, I'm scarring your face so bad, none of your little boyfriends will ever recognize you. Got it?"

Sighing at his comment, but recognizing you don't stand a chance, you nod. Dabi looks at his clone who stands up holding the metal water bottle. It must only have a few gulps of water in it, but you almost drool thinking about it. Wearing the gag all night and day had left your mouth open and parched. Getting any at all would help immensely.

At least they're giving me some water...