Chapter 29: Don't Get Stuck on What We're Made of

"Dammit, what the hell is this stuff? I can't move my leg!" Kirishima says.

"Harden your leg! I'll freeze it and break it off!"

"Hurry!! We have zero points!" Sero says.

"I know!!"

"What about your leg, though?" Kirishima asks as you work on freeing his leg.

"It's not on my knee so all I have to worry about is getting my foot unstuck. I'll just have to deal with it." You finish freezing the substance and Kirishima breaks it off. His pant leg tears at the knee, but it doesn't harm his skin. "There!"

Quickly, you freeze the ground through your right foot and yank it off. The tread of your boot goes along with it, but you don't have time to be sad. At least some of the boot still covered the bottom of your foot with the inner layer. You freeze it to the hardened cast around your leg and stand up. It would be awkward to run with, but it was better than ripping all the skin off of your leg.

"Hurry up!!! I'm taking first place, and I'm not going to settle!!!"

"I'm done!" You say.

"Only about a minute left, teams!! Todoroki has made his own little arena and is ready to snatch that ten million in an instant!! Or so we thought!! It's been five minutes now! Team Midoriya has managed to avoid Team Todoroki for five whole minutes in such a confined space!" Present Mic announces.

A loud bam comes from in the direction the two teams are fighting in. "Wha-?! What happened?! That was too fast for the naked eye!! In less than a second, Iida managed to bring his entire team over to Midoriya!!! Why didn't he show us this explosive speed in the qualifiers?! And, what's this?! What a reversal!! Team Todoroki is now in possession of the ten million points!!!! And Team Midoriya has plummeted down to zero!! With just one minute left, Todoroki's got four headbands! He snatched the breakout star, Midoriya's, headband and with it first place!! Have our top four teams been decided?!"

Ahead of you Monoma sat with his team looking at the scoreboard. "Second place, huh? Seems almost too good to be true. Let's not get cocky and focus on keeping ahold of what we've got now."

"Just wait one stinking second!!" Kirishima yells as your team closes in on them.

"Oh, you're persistent. That sort of tenacity is-"

Monoma gets cut off by Bakugou flying through the air towards him with a loud boom. "You're dead!!"

"Bakugou!!! Warn us before you do that!!!"

"Tsuburaba!! Guard!"

The brown haired boy blows another glass like circle into the air, and Bakugou lands on it. They seem to believe that such a thin wall is enough to stop him, and turn their backs on him. Unfortunately for them, Bakugou's rage can't be blocked by something so simple. He punches through it easily, and snatches two of the three headbands from Monoma's neck.

Sero quickly grabs him, and luckily Bakugou lands upright this time. "Warn us before you do that!!"

"Good job Bakugou!!" You say.

"Team Bakugou's stolen two headbands from Team Monoma putting them in third place!" Mic announces. "A little shake up in the rankings! I guess I spoke too soon! That's the spirit of youth for ya!"

"Now we're guaranteed to move on!" Kirishima says.

"I ain't done yet!!!" Bakugou shouts. He knocks Kirishima's head a few times before continuing. "I'm not settling for some half assed first place!!"

"There's no way we're letting Monoma keep our headband!! We worked hard to get those points in the obstacle course race to begin with, and he doesn't deserve to move on after how he was acting!" You say.

"We're taking our points back. And then the ten million!!" Bakugou shouts.

"Geez, you two sure are something!" Sero smiles.

"Soy sauce face! Tape, now!!"

"It's Sero!"

"Ice Pop!! Freeze us a path like you did in the obstacle course!"

"Oh come on, Bakugou! It's Y/n! Don't pretend you don't know our names!!"

Sero's tape catches a few meters past Monoma's team on the left, and you freeze a path directly to them.

"You missed."

"Now!!" Bakugou launches a series of explosions behind you while Sero rewinds his tape. The two of you turn your faces away from the blasts, and in the blink of an eye you were shooting past Team Monoma. He attempts to block Bakugou's arm with a barrier, but he blasts through it like it's nothing, and takes your headband back with a loud explosion.

Aizawa speaks over the announcing system. "His overwhelming tenacity... They couldn't see it let alone match it."

Present Mic joins in. "Bakugou!!! Absolutely merciless!!! What a perfectionist! Anything worth doing is worth doing right! And with that, we're nearing the last few seconds of our game, everyone!! Count down with me!!"

"10!"

"Next up!! Deku and Todoroki!"

"9!"

As Present Mic begins to count down your team races towards the two teams grappling for first place.

"8!"

You freeze a ramp up into the frozen arena Todoroki had created, and Bakugou launches the four of you forward.

"7!"

As you reach the top, you and Sero let go of Bakugou, boost him upwards, and he jumps towards the two teams.

"6!"

Kirishima, Sero, and you manage to land inside the wall without falling over and desperately look between the two teams.

"5!"

Bakugou does the same as he tries to determine which headband to go for.

"4!"

"Todoroki has it!!" You yell.

"3!"

Midoriya reaches for Todoroki as Bakugou nears the two teams.

"2!"

Bakugou lets off another explosion and is almost there.

"1!"

Midoriya almost has his hand on the headbands around Todoroki's neck.

"Time's up!!!!"

-

hey guys so just a quick note, looking at the title you may be thinking "what the hell does this have to do with anything??" but i promise there's a reason it's a stupid reason but it made me laugh so let me know if you think you figured it out