Chapter 59: The Hero Killer

As you plummet, you try to figure out how to time your landing. There's a roof approaching, and you manage to right yourself and create an ice slide just in time to soften your fall.

Hitting it and sliding off of it sends you rolling into the wall on the outer edge of the building. Your head connects with the wall, and you gasp in pain. After a moment, you struggle to your feet and take off your helmet. Wincing as you feel your head for blood, you realize your jacket looks more like streamers now.

Your shoulders bleed even more now, and the blood continues to roll down your back. You quickly take off the remainder of your jacket and cut it apart using a piece of ice. It's painful, but you manage to tie the fabric around you to slow the bleeding. Thankfully, your helmet absorbed most of the force from hitting your head, but it seemed to have disrupted most of the functions.

You remember your watch and check it to call Firetamer. The screen is shattered.

"Damn it... What should I do?"

You put your helmet back on and melt the ice. Thankfully when you fell, the Nomu went off somewhere else.

A sudden blast from the direction Midoriya was in startles you out of your thoughts. Remembering your friend is nearby helps you makes up your mind, and you use your ice to run from rooftop to rooftop. Soon, you reach the fight.

A blast of ice and fire extends up from the alley and you look down to see Todoroki and Midoriya fighting the Hero Killer. Behind them, Iida and a hero are on the ground.

"Shit, what do I do?"

The Hero Killer lunges at Todoroki as Midoriya falls to the ground. Todoroki is barely managing to keep him back and is slowly getting pushed towards the two on the ground.

Leaping from the rooftop, you create a box of ice around the Hero Killer and push Midoriya and the two on the ground away from him.

"Todoroki! I've got Midoriya! Get the two of them out of here! Midoriya! Can you get up?!"

"Y/n? What are you doing here?!" The green haired boy asks as you land next to him.

"You texted me!" You say as you bend to pull him up.

"Be careful! If he gets your blood—"

"Quit it with the interruptions!" The wall of ice behind you shatters, and the Hero Killer comes flying towards you.

With a yell, you push Midoriya deeper into the alley with ice, blast the Hero Killer with hot water, and manage to block his blades with more ice.

"Midoriya, run!!" You yell. "I'll hold him back!!"

"I can't! It's his quirk! If he gets your blood, you can't move!"

"Damn it!" You struggle to block the Hero Killer's blades from reaching you and feel your feet slipping. You freeze ice behind your heels to keep your footing. You try to freeze him again, but he shatters it with a solid hit from his sword. He continues to barrage you with attacks, sneering at your desperate attempts to block him.

"As if you could defeat me with something so pitiful! At least the other ice child has some strength!"

You fight desperately to keep him occupied so that Todoroki can at least get away with the other two. I just need to hold him long enough for him to alert the other heroes!!

It's becoming increasingly difficult to block all of the Hero Killer's attacks, and you struggle to keep your footing with the throbbing in your head. One of his attacks shatters the ice you had thrown in front of you, and a chunk of it hits you on your right shoulder where your wound is.