Chapter 51: Dinner with the Crew

A few minutes pass and you slip on your shoes to head for dinner. When the elevator doors open and the smell of food hits you, you realize how hungry you are.

Practically drooling, your stomach sets off a loud rumble. A gruff looking man laughs and slaps a tray in your hands.

"C'mon kid, let's get you some food! Trust me, you'll be eating a lot while you're working here! FT said you had a busy first day! That means no lunch, right?"

"I had something before I got here, but I should have eaten a bigger breakfast... I guess you know who I am?"

"Kid, it's hard not to when you've got 'STUDENT' right across your back! I'm the one who's getting you new gear after we eat! Engitech, pleased to meet ya!"

He holds out his hand for you to shake. It's covered in scars of various sizes.

"Thank you sir! I'm Y/N, but I guess you already know that!"

"So does everyone here! We all watched the Sports Festival and took bets on who FT would want. We were all a bit surprised to see you chose us! After that performance, we were thinking all the pros wanted you. You didn't get any offers from the top heroes?"

"Well..."

You think back to when you first were handed your draft list. Near the top was a name most kids in the hero program would fight to get. Hell, you probably would have, too had you not found out what he's really like.

"Endeavor did, but I don't think our quirks are the greatest to work alongside each other..."

"Well I'm not complaining! It means I get to make new things!"

"Oh good, Y/N, you've met Engitech." Fire Tamer walks up to the two of you. "Engi here is one of my personal heroes. His abilities are second to none! I really scored big time when I convinced him to come work for me!"

"You can tell me how great I am while we eat, this kid needs food if you want her to stay upright!"

"Yes, come with me; let's go line up!"

The three of you make your way across the cafeteria. The food smells just as good as the lunch at UA.

"Oh! I forgot my water bottle!" You realize.

"Don't worry about it, kid, we've got water here." Engitech says. "What do you think this is?"

"I drink a lot of water..."

"Oh it can't be that much!"

A few minutes pass and you balance your tray as you walk over to where the two had sat down. People chuckle at you when they see you walk by.

"What, did you take the whole water reserve?!" Engitech's jaw drops when he sees the six cups of water on your tray, all full to the brim.

"I asked for a pitcher, but they didn't have any left..."

Fire Tamer laughs loudly enough for the people surrounding you to look over.

"Hey, let the girl drink her water in peace! At least she's not drinking coffee like you, Engi!"

"Hey, it's not my fault you keep working me 'round the clock!"

A tray is sat down next to you. You look up and Kai gives you a smile. "Don't mind these two. They've known each other since high school. They can be a bit much sometimes. You'd think they were the young ones."

"Hey! Don't call your boss old! I'm only in my forties! Give it twenty years and see how you like it!"

"That's almost double my age!" Kai laughs.