Chapter 72: The Practical Exam Part 3

"Now, Y/n, hiding isn't very heroic." Cementoss says as you stumble into the street. "Especially when your teammates are fighting right in front of you."

Shit!!

"Y/n!! There you are! Hurry! You can stop him with your ice!" Kirishima tells you.

"Right!" Setting aside your annoyance of wanting to avoid a direct fight in the first place, you decide to help the two. Based on the way they chose teams, I'm sure cooperation will be important for our grades...!

Now that you're out in the open, you freeze the ground below you, and skate towards Cementoss, narrowly dodging his walls. As you approach him, your helmet display lights up a hydrant behind him. You quickly shoot a blast of high pressured water at it, knocking the valve open. Water begins to spray out, and you pull it into a large arc over your teacher.

"Sorry, sir!!" You yell as you turn the water to icicles and send them crashing down on him.

As they fall, you blast ice underneath the two boys and send them flying into the air towards Cementoss as well.

Before the ice can make contact, he easily throws a wall of cement over his head.

You quickly reroute the ice toward his back, but he has no issues stopping it once more. The two boys land between you and Cementoss, and rush him while yelling.

Before Kirishima and Sato can reach him, Cementoss captures them in a huge dome of cement, pushing it to the side. He turns towards you and stands up from his kneeling position.

"Now, Y/n, I'm surprised that you of all people went along with their plan." He wipes the dust from his clothes.

"I can't just leave them behind." You say. Come on, think, think, think! How are we going to get out of this?!

"Team Todoroki and Yaoyorozu are the first team to pass the exam." Recovery Girl says over the PA system.

"They're announcing them?" You say.

"Don't get distracted when there's an opponent in front of you." Cementoss says.

In the blink of an eye, a barrage of cement walls come hurtling towards you. Barely managing to move in time, you launch yourself into the air with ice.

The cement covering your partners peels open, and you see the pair laying unconscious on the ground. Crap!! Is it really just me now?!!

"It looks like it's just the two of us now. What will you do, Y/n? Defeat me like they wanted? Or run for help like you did?"

As you fall, you take another look over your surroundings. Right!! I forgot...!

You use your ice to land and scoop the two boys up. Cementoss shakes his head at you, and says, "I'm afraid I won't be letting you escape with the two of them."

He creates several towering walls between you and him, blocking the direction of the exit. That isn't where you are going though. Instead of the blasts he expected, Cementoss is met with the receeding sounds of your ice and skating.

He peers past his walls only to find no one on the street with him. 'Now where does she plan on going?'

Meanwhile, you hold both boys on either shoulder, one of their arms across each shoulder and yours around their waists. There is no way you'd be able to carry the two of them without assistance, so you are skating using ice as fast as you can. Both are still unconscious and dead weight, but thankfully the physical training you had done meant you could at least hold them both somewhat.

Finally, your goal comes into view. Setting your classmates down in an alleyway out of view, you head towards it. This will be difficult...! Just like I thought though, he didn't follow me! He knows I'll have to go back towards him to get to the goal...

"Team Bakugou and Midoriya have passed."

Those two already beat All Might??? Shit!! I have to hurry up!

As you get everything ready to go against Cementoss once more, you make sure to keep an eye on your surroundings. A whole lot of good it would do to get snuck up on.

"Asui and Tokoyami have passed."

"Well, I guess it's now or never." You say to yourself. Slipping into the drain systems below the city, you carefully follow your map to where your instructor should be.

Since it's a fake city, there isn't any actual sewage. There is only water where it had drained from above ground. You reach the area below the street that your teacher is waiting for you at, and take a deep breath. Creeping up the ladder to the manhole, you peek out.

Not too far in front of you is Cementoss's back. As you prepare to attack, Recovery Girl announces that Jiro and Koda also passed the test.

This is it...!

Gathering as much water as you can from the drainage system, you slowly bring it on to the street, out of Cementoss's view. Once enough has come out, you burst from the manhole and surround him in water. He attempts to reach the ground to control the cement, but you stop him by freezing him.

Before he can break free of the ice, you jump towards him and slap the cuffs on his wrist.

"I actually... Got it?!"

Cementoss nods. "I wondered what your plan was. I thought for sure you would be using the water tower. I forgot about the sewage system. Good job using the terrain to your advantage without destroying any property."

"Thank you sir!"

Recovery Girl announces your success, and you unfreeze your instructor.

"What did you do with the boys?"

"They're over in an alleyway towards the water tower. I didn't want to leave them where they could get hurt." You say.

Cementoss nods, and you lead him over to your two unconscious classmates.

By the time you get back to Recovery Girl's tent, the exam is almost over. Cementoss brings the two boys back to her main office after a quick healing session, while you stay with Recovery Girl and Midoriya.

"Y/n!! You did great out there!" Midoriya says. "It was really smart using the drainage system to avoid messing with the water tower!"

"Thank you, Midoriya, I was really worried for a bit there... I didn't think we'd pass! Though... I'm not sure about the boys... They got knocked out pretty quick... Even though I managed to win in the end, I'm worried about their grades..."

Midoriya nods his head. "The same with Sero, Midnight put him to sleep really quick. Bakugou should be fine because he only blacked out at the very end, but the others..."

"Wait, Bakugou got knocked out?"

"Yeah, All Might sure attacked harder than I expected...!" Midoriya shudders.

"I'm so glad I didn't have to face him...!" You say.

The two of you continue to watch the remaining teams fight, and soon the exam is over.

-
-
-
-
-

okay okay I know I've posted a bunch these past few days when I'm supposed to be saving some chapters for if I can't write but I've had a few different people today and yesterday who were voting on every chapter and commenting lots so I really wanted to post another as a thank you to them <3 ily guys thank you for voting and commenting <3