Chapter 121: The Basement - Night Two

At least they're giving me some water...

The clone unscrews the cap as the real Dabi steps behind you. His flame covered hands are inches away from your face on either side. His clone holds the bottle to your lips, and you tilt your head back to drink it.

All too soon, the water is gone, and Dabi's clone takes the bottle back. After screwing the cap back on, he tosses it at Twice, who throws it on the ground a few meters away from you. The metal bottle clangs against the ground, jarring your ears. You watch where it lands in your peripheral, paying special attention to the drops of water you still feel in it, but making sure not to be obvious.

Instead, you turn to look at the portal whooshing and swirling across the room. Dabi follows your gaze. "Your friend's through there, but so are the other members. If you were to go through that portal without us, you'd be dead in an instant. Either way, Compress has him tucked away for now."

You look back at Dabi. "I'm not an idiot."

"Don't be so confident about that. Now, open up and show us you're not hiding any water in there."

Doing as he says, you open your mouth and lift your tongue to the roof of your mouth when told to. "Happy?"

Dabi rolls his eyes and turns towards his clone as he takes the gag back out of his pocket. "We're leaving once I put this in. I'll be back in the morning after we've talked to the kid. Don't let her do anything."

"Would you?" The clone scoffs and Dabi looks annoyed.

He turns back to you, and tells you to open your mouth again. You notice a bandage on his finger from biting him yesterday and grin. "How's your finger doing?" His dried blood and your own crack against your smile on your chin.

Dabi's eyes narrow, and he lights his hand ablaze once more. "I said, open up."

Keeping the cocky look in your eyes, you open your mouth. Dabi shoves the gag in, careful of your teeth this time, as he holds the flame near your shoulder. He then fastens it and straightens up.

"Let's go. Shigaraki is going to be annoyed that we took so long already."

"He's already mad you didn't kill her." Twice says. "He's mad at me, too!"

"I don't care. It'll be worth it." Dabi stalks past Twice with his hands in his pocket. He remembers the blindfold, and tosses it at his clone. "Put this on if she's bugging you. Or, if it looks like she's scheming something."

His clone nods, and you both watch Dabi and Twice step into the portal. Once they're gone, the portal disappears.

The clone sighs in annoyance and picks a battered book up from a table. That must have been what he was reading...

"Just behave." He grumbles.

You nod, and he looks down at his book. They're going to be waking Bakugou up in a few hours... If he's not going to be back until the morning... Tonight is my chance to escape while they have Bakugou. If I can successfully get rid of his clone and get out of here without them being alerted, then I can bring a pro back to ambush them in the morning... I just need to wait until the clone lets his guard down...

The clone glares at his book. "I can feel you staring at me. I may not be the original, but don't think I'll be as easy to defeat as those other two. They weren't meant to beat you."

Unable to respond, you look away from him, and take the opportunity to look around the room. You make sure to not linger on the bottle of water, and your body practically screams at you over the few drops you can feel left inside of it. Ignoring the urge to do anything, you let out a sigh, feigning boredom.

"Shut up and go back to sleep if you're tired." Dabi's clone grunts.

You make eye contact with him and roll your eyes as he glares at you. Looking around the room once more, he huffs and looks back at his book.

Hours roll by, and you pretend to fall asleep. The clone seems relieved, and continues to read. Suddenly, a small rumbling shakes the room. Pretending to still be unconscious, you make sure not to move a muscle.

"Damn... Must be an earthquake." The clone sighs. The room continues to rattle as the earthquake goes on, and a few items fall to the ground. You crack your eye open as the electric lantern he is using to read falls to the ground, and see an opportunity open up as he reaches down for it.

Now is my chance...! Carefully feeling for the drops of water inside the metal water bottle behind Dabi's clone, you slowly are able to lift it up. It's difficult with how little water there is in it and how tired you are, but thanks to the earthquake, Dabi's clone can't hear it.

Keeping your head limp in front of you, you keep your eye cracked open just enough to see where he is. I only have one chance... If I fuck this up, I'm as good as charred... Bringing it every so slightly closer to him, you can feel the earthquake start to taper off. Here I go...!

In a flash, you pull the water bottle through the air, and smash it into the back of the clone's head as he sits back up. It connects, and he curses in pain. "Fuck!! You little bitch!!" His hands burst into flames, lighting the book and lantern as he drops them to the ground. The lantern bursts as the flames touch it, and Dabi's clone steps over it closer to you.

You snap your head up, and although it hurts like hell, you're able to blast what little water you have through a small spot on your hand into an icicle. The clone jumps towards you, blasting the icicle with flames.

"I'm going to kill you for th–" You successfully smash the metal water bottle into the back of his head once more, harder than the first time. "Shit...!" The clone curses and looks up at you with wide eyes as it stumbles forward. Flames start to shoot towards you, but the clone collapses into a puddle of goo on the ground, and they fade out, just in front of your face.

Holy crap... I did it! Now I just need to get out of these restraints... You look down at yourself and groan in pain. Blood seeps from your hand where water came from it. That's new... I hope Recovery Girl will be able to fix my hands and feet... Otherwise I'm going to be seriously handicapped if I can't generate water from them anymore...

The tiniest bit of water is still on the ground from your icicle, and you pull it towards you. I'd better start with my good arm... You bring the water to your wrist, and freeze it razor sharp. Unfortunately, the ice barely makes a dent in the leather.

Fuck! What am I going to do?! You groan and curse internally. If I can't get out of these restraints, what was the point?! They're just going to come back and hurt me even more for killing the clone! Fuck!!!

After about half an hour of trying and failing miserably to get your restraints undone, something catches your attention. Rain...! I can feel rain! Looking up at the ceiling, you can feel water above you. It's not reaching you, but it definitely somewhere above you. Two, no, maybe one story above me... I must only be in a normal basement, not very far below ground. Maybe I can get someone's attention... But how... You sit and think for a moment. I've got it! If I can freeze the rain above me, someone will surely notice!

With that, you close your eyes and focus on the water in the atmosphere far above you. Paying attention to every bit of it that you can, you do your best to lower the temperature. Is that enough...? I'm not sure... I'd better make it colder...

For minutes, you sit there freezing as much water as you can. Unable to tell if it's even working, you sigh and start to lose hope.

That is, until you hear a loud bang above you.