Chapter 109: Muscular Part 3

"Stay back!!"

"Not a chance." Muscular laughs at Midoriya. "Here I come. No stopping me."

"W-What is it you want?! What's the League of Villains after?! Why are you here?!"

"Midoriya... I'm completely out of water...!" You whisper to him. Kota looks up between the two of you as you put your bodies in front of him.

The wind carries the smoke from the fires to your nose again, and you see it's getting closer. Shit! Even if we make it out of this alive, I won't be able to do anything about the fires...! I hope everyone else is okay...!

"What is the League after...? As if I care. All I wanna do is rampage! As long as I get to use my quirk without holding back, I'm perfectly happy." Muscular fishes through his pocket as he steps closer to the three of you. Several different fake eyes fall out and clatter to the ground as he digs through them. "Remember earlier when I said we were just playing? I did, for real! I said, 'Let's play!' and I meant it! But no more of that, kids. Play time's over now, since you decided to flash that crazy power! So now..." Muscular finally finds the right eye, and swaps it for the one he had in with a sickening squish. "Now I'm using my serious eye."

"Grab Kota!!!!"

"Huh?!" Kota seems surprised as you listen to Midoriya and grab him.

In a flash, Midoriya grabs you and blasts to the other side of the cliff. Muscular slams down into the ground where you just stood, shattering it to pieces like it's nothing. Giant sections of the ground tumble down the cliffside into the trees below, and you shudder knowing you were almost amongst them.

"Shit...! He's on a whole 'nother level!" Midoriya pants.

Not leaving you a chance to respond, Muscular slams down again where you landed, shattering the wall beside you as Midoriya barely manages to dodge.

"Crap, I'm way too excited here!!" Muscular laughs.

As you land again, the three of you tumble and roll. Refusing to let go of Kota, you clutch him tight against you, and use your good arm to protect his head from getting hit.

"Aizawa should be back at camp... If we can reach him, he may be able to erase this guy's quirk..." You say to Midoriya.

"But can we make it back with him on our tail...? Plus, we're both exhausted from training the past few days... Trying to run through the forest with him following us... It just doesn't seem like a good idea... Plus we don't know if the teachers are fighting any villains there."

"Midoriya. You're quicker than me." You say. "Take Kota, and run to get Aizawa. I still have some ice left on the ground here, and I can pull some of what's in the air."

"No!!" Kota shouts. "Y/n, you said we'd get out of this together!!"

"I'm not doing that, Y/n. If either of us should take him, it's you. Get back with Kota to safety. He can't lose you, too. Besides, I'm the only one who can hold this guy off. If he gets me... At least you two will be able to put some distance in first and get to Aizawa."

"'Gets you...?!' What's the matter with you two?! Come on, don't fight him!! It's hopeless!! Let's just all run! You saw; your attacks did nothing! Even that big flashy one!! It didn't even scratch him!!" Kota shouts. He looks at your broken arm, and both of Midoriya's. "Your arms are broken and Y/n is all out of water! How are you supposed to fight him...?!"

"It's okay!!! Y/n, protect Kota!!"

Midoriya lunges forward, his body flashing with the glow of 100% One for All, and you yank ice from the ground a few meters ahead of you to wrap around your feet. With Kota clutching on to you, you both brace for the impact.