Chapter 83: Welcome to I-Island

In the days that followed, you didn't hear much from your friend, Shinsou. His responses were dry and not very interested, and you were worried that something had happened. Even when you told him you were going to I-Expo, he simply shrugged and said "Okay."

He wouldn't tell you if anything was wrong or whether or not you had done something, and eventually you stopped trying to ask. If he wanted to tell you, he would.

Soon, the day of your flight comes. Todoroki's driver had picked you up at your apartment and drove the two of you to the airport. It was your first time flying business, and Todoroki had chuckled at your enthusiasm.

When the two of you arrive and get through immigrations, you stop by your hotel first.

"Oh, is it just one room...?" You ask Todoroki as you stand outside the door.

"No. We have a suite."

"...Huh?"

Todoroki opens the door into a large living space. To the sides are two separate bedrooms. This place is bigger than my apartment...!

"Which room would you like, Y/n?"

"Uh... Is there a difference?"

He shakes his head. "Both have an ensuite bathroom."

"I guess... I'll take this one then?" You point to one of the rooms, and Todoroki nods.

"I'll take the other. Let's get changed into our hero costumes."

Both of you head into your rooms and close the doors. It must be at least twice the size of my apartment...!

You quickly put on your hero costume and fix your hair. Not wanting to walk around in your helmet, you carry it out into the living space with you.

"Here's your dress." Todoroki is already dressed and waiting when you come out.

"Thank you again, Shoto." You smile and take the dress from him. "I guess I should hang it up in the closet..."

He nods and hands you your heels as well. "You don't want it to be wrinkled for tonight."

"Right, does your suit need to be steamed? I can handle that."

"I might take you up on that."

Not long after, the two of you leave the hotel and begin exploring the expo. Hunger led you to enjoy lunch at a nice restaurant, Todoroki's treat, and once you're done you look for your next stop.

"I don't remember the last time I ate such good food!" You say, still drooling over your meal.

"I'm glad you liked it so much, Y/n."

"Thank you again, Shoto!" You smile. Todoroki can't help but stare at you as you beam at him.

The corners of his lips turn upwards into a gentle smile. "Of course. Which way do you want to go next?"

"Hmm... Let's see..."

As you look around the area in front of you, a voice calls your name.

"Y/n!"

The two of you turn around and see Engitech and Kai walking towards you.

"Hey!! What are you guys doing here?" You ask.

"Engitech got invited and let me tag along. I'm glad to see you're well, Y/n."

"Costume looks good! Hope you don't mind the changes too much. I had to make do with the materials I had in." Engitech says.

"No way! I love the colours and the shorts! It's a lot better than what I came up with! Plus, it's so much more comfortable!"

Engitech laughs. "Glad to hear it, kid. Good to see they got you back in one piece. Nearly made me lose all my hair from stress."