Chapter 13: Is This Universal Studios Japan?

When you all get in to the building, everyone gasps. "Woaahhh!!! Is this Universal Studios Japan or something?!?!"

The teacher waiting for the class speaks up. "Floods, landslides, fires... This is a practical training area I created to simulate all kinds of accidents and disasters. It's name is... The Unforseen Simulation Joint!!"

'It really is USJ...'

"It's space hero, No. 13!" Midoriya says happily from beside you. "They're the gentlemanly hero who does phenomenal work helping with disaster relief!"

"Wow!! I've always loved No. 13!!" Uraraka exclaims.

Aizawa walks up to No. 13 and says something quietly to them. The two whisper back and forth, and No. 13 holds up three fingers. Huh? Wonder what that's about? Maybe there's three tests or something?

No. 13 turns their attention back to you students. "Before we begin, just one thing... or two or three or maybe four..." They're increasing...

"I'm sure you're all aware of my quirk but just in case... My quirk is called Black Hole. No matter what material may get sucked into its vortex, it will turn to dust."

"Now that's a quirk that's perfect for removing wreckage and saving people injured by disasters!" Midoriya smiles.

Uraraka looks like she's going to burst with how excited she is to be near No. 13 as you watch her jump up and down at an alarming rate. If you didn't know any better, you'd think her quirk was super jumping or something.

"Yes... It is, however, a power that could easily be used to kill people. And in that way, it's no different from the quirks of everyone here." Everyone goes silent as you process what they were telling you. Most of you already knew the full consequences. You had thought about it on more than one occasion. That's why you have to be so careful with the temperature when using your quirk.

"Naturally," No. 13 continues, "In this society of superhumans, quirks are strictly regulated, and the requirements for their lawful use enforced. We can tell at a glace that this is the make-up of this world. That being said, please none of you forget that you all possess quirks that could go awry. One wrong step is all it takes to accidentally kill someone whether they're a friend, foe, classmate, bystander, etc. During Mr. Aizawa's physical strength test you learned of your respective power's potential, and during Allmight's trial of battle I think you took away a true sense of danger of using those powers against your classmates." You exchange glances with Sero, and if it weren't for the atmosphere, you'd be laughing. I wonder if anyone has walked into that building yet... (Note: Someone has. A someone called Class B.)

"This lesson will serve as a fresh start! Let's get to studying about how to use your quirks to save someone life! Your quirks do not exist to hurt others! Please leave this exercise having fully understood that your quirks exist to help people! That is all! You have my gratitude for listening so intently and patiently!" No. 13 finishes his speech, and you can't help but feel inspired.

Thirteen's so cool...!!

Some of the students clap, while others even cheer. You look around the area with a smile as Aizawa tries to get you all to calm down.

"Alright everyone quiet down now. First thing's first..." Down in the plaza in front of the fountain, you notice a black cloud of smoke form in the air.

"Sir... What's that smoke-" You start to ask, but he cuts you off.

"Huddle together and don't move!!!" Aizawa commands you all, and you look back towards the fountain to see people coming out of the smoke. Villains...?! "No. 13 protect the students!!"

"Eh?"

"Huh?"

"What is that? Is this like the training robots at the entrance exam?" Kirishima asks.

"Don't move!!! Those are real villains!!" Aizawa yells, and everyone freezes. You feel fear fill you, and see your classmates faces go pale.

You share a worried look with Midoriya, then turn back towards the increasing amount of villains.

"Thirteen and Eraserhead is it...? The schedule I obtained the other day said All Might was supposed to be here, too..." The smoke forms into the shadow of a person.

A man covered in hands speaks up next. "Where is he? We came all this way... And brought so many playmates... The symbol of peace... Why isn't he here?" He sighs. "I wonder if some dead kids will bring him here?" A chill runs down your spine as your head fills with reports on your parents' deaths. Images of Kota sobbing and yelling at you flash before your eyes.

Frost slowly starts to form on your body as the thoughts fill your head. No. I can't think about this. I'll be okay. I have to. For Kota, the Pussycats, all of my classmates, and Shinsou. I have to stay strong.

If I want to be a hero that always comes out on top, there's no way I can die here!