Chapter 70: The Practical Exam

"Alrighty!! Glad everyone's here now!" Snapping you out of your memory of testing out your costume with Shinsou, Present Mic gets everyone's attention for Aizawa.

"It's time to begin your practical exam. It is, of course, possible to fail this exam. If you want to attend the training camp instead of summer school, then you must pass. Don't mess this chance up."

"There sure are a lot of teachers here..." Jiro begins to count with Hagekure.

"Five, six, eight of them...?"

"There sure are a lot..." You say to the girls.

Aizawa continues. "Knowing you lot, you probably asked around and feel like you have a pretty good idea of what to expect."

Mina and Kaminari cheer for robots, and you sigh. Of course, now it seems oh so silly to think it would be that easy.

"Not quite!!" Bursting from Aizawa's scarf like a scene from Alien, the principal takes over. "Various circumstances have impacted our decision making this year! We have decided that changes are necessary, and we have revised the exam format!"

A collective groan comes from your classmates. "Oh no..." No wonder there are so many teachers...! You think to yourself as it dawns on you.

"Well, you see, after all of the villains your class has faced, we're worried about a villain revival so-to-speak. Of course, we hope to prevent a movement from ever reaching the light of day, but as a school we must take all necessary precautions to protect not only our students but society as well. If there is continued increase in villain activity, it just isn't practical to have you fighting against robots."

More of your classmates realize what you did, and the confident aura surrounding you is nearly completely replaced with dread.

"From now on, we'll be focusing on battles against flesh and blood opponents. It is imperative that our teachings reflect on the reality you will face as much as possible. This is, of course, a practical exam after all. As such, you lot will be pairing up in teams of two and fighting against one of the teachers standing before you."

Uraraka raises her hand. "But there are twenty-one of us; one of us won't have to fight alone, will we?"

"Don't worry about that, one team will have an extra person."

"Wouldn't it make more sense to have three on each team?" Kirishima asks.

"Three on one is a bit unfair, no?" The principal says.

"But you said one team would have three... Wait, but there are only eight teachers here," says Hagekure.

"You're right. I will also be joining in on the fighting."

"But that's still only nine... Wait-"

A thunderous laugh that anyone would recognize fills the air, and All Might lands in front of everyone.

"That's because you're not counting me!"

"Oh god... We're going to have to fight All Might?!"

"That must be the three person team!"

"I really hope I'm not against him...!"

"Enough chit chat." Aizawa says. "The matchups and teams have already been decided. It's no use worrying about it now. Your battle styles, friendships, quirks, grades, interactions with each other... Everything has been carefully considered and factored into our decisions. Without further ado, first team: Todoroki and Yaoyorozu... Against me."

Momo looks surprised by the match up, and you breathe a sigh of relief that you'll at least be able to use your quirk.

"Next up... Midoriya is with Bakugou."

The two boys turn to look at each other in shock, but are distracted by All Might's booming voice. "You boys will be against me!"

"No way! Just the two of them?? Who is the team of three against then??"

"If you want to even dream of defeating me, you'll have to work together, boys!"

Oh thank god I am not on their team...!! Sorry guys, but there's no way I want my exam to be against freaking All Might!!!

Everyone else seems to have the same feeling as you do, pure relief that not only are they not fighting the number one hero, but that they also don't have to worry about their quirk being erased.

"Next up," Aizawa continues, "Ashido and Kaminari versus the principal. Aoyama and Uraraka will be facing Thirteen, Jiro and Koda will go against Present Mic, Tokoyami and Asui will be facing Ectoplasm, and Sero and Mineta will be facing Midnight."

Mineta begins to shake with excitement and you silently pray Midnight beats the shit out of him. But he might like that. I wonder who I'm going to be against then... He still hasn't announced the three person team...

Aizawa sighs at Mineta's reaction and continues speaking. "The last three teams will be Hagekure and Shoji versus Snipe, Iida and Ojiro versus Power Loader, and finally, our three person team will be Kirishima, Sato, and Y/n against Cementoss."

Kirishima, Sato, and you give each other excited looks. This should be easy! The three of us versus Cementoss...! The two of them will be able to smash through anything, and I can use my ice to block his cement!

"Wait, why is the three person team against Cementoss?" Mina asks. "Shouldn't they be against All Might or even you?"

"Don't worry about that. Each team was thought over and picked specifically. Worry about your own battle."

"I wish we had three people!" Hagekure says to Shoji who shrugs.

"We'll be fine."

"Some of these teams seem totally unfair..." Kaminari mutters. "Lucky Kirishima!"

Kirishima laughs at him. "Us three should have no problem, right Sato? Y/n?"

You laugh at his confidence and agree. "Don't let your guard down, though!"

"Are you all done chit chatting?"

Everyone jolts back to facing the front as Aizawa snaps at the class.

"Sorry, sir!"

"Ten stages have been prepared, and you will all begin simultaneously. The test guidelines will be explained by your respective opponents. None of the areas are outside of school grounds, but let's not waste any more time. Get going."

You, Kirishima, and Sato smile at each other and head over to Cementoss after wishing everyone else well on their exam.

"Follow me, this is our bus." Cementoss directs you.

The three of you follow him towards the bus, and you can't help but wonder how your exam will go.

-
-
-
-
-

Y'all... I'm going to cry

 I'm going to cry

#2 out of 33.8k?????? Oh my god 🥹 thank you everyone for reading! I had to post another chapter when I saw this, don't worry I'll still post the weekend chapter too xx

It means the world to me that so many of you are reading and enjoying this story so thank you so much and I hope you continue enjoying it 🥹❤️❤️