Chapter 36: Bakugou vs Uraraka

Once Kirishima and Tetsutetsu are taken away, Bakugou and Uraraka make their way on to the stage.

"In some ways, the fight I'm most worried about is this one." Tsuyu says.

Jirou nods. "I don't even know if I can watch."

"You don't think he's use his full strength explosions on a girl, do you?"

"You used your full discharge on Shiozaki." Sero points out. He was sitting on the other side of Kaminari.

"Yeah, but my quirk isn't walking bomb! The dude could kill her!"

"I don't know... If Uraraka plays her cards right she may win this." You say.  "If she can get close to Bakugou and make him float, she has the match. No matter how much Bakugou could try, he can't fight anti-gravity."

"It's the getting close to him that I'm worried about..."

"And... Start!!!"

Without a moment of hesitation, Uraraka charges at Bakugou. Before she can touch him, however, he sets off large explosion right in her face. A close of smoke surround him, and he slams another explosion into her. At least, it looked like her. Uraraka had sent her jacket floating and jumped at him from behind.

Thanks to his insane reaction time, Bakugou realized what was happening and threw another explosion her way.

"He reacted as soon as he saw her...!" Sero says.

"Smokescreens are useless against his crazy reflexes... Scary...!"

"Uraraka needs to touch him to win, but their difference in speed might be too much at this rate." You say. "Wait, what's all that?!"

"Huh? Holy crap!" Kaminari says.

"Is that all debris from Bakugou's explosions? How did she manage to float all of that?"

"I have no clue." You say. "Hopefully Bakugou doesn't notice it...!"

The two continue, and after a few more explosions, someone yells from the crowd.

"I can't watch this!! Why haven't you stopped the match?! That is no way for a hero wannabe to act! If you're so much stronger, then just throw the poor girl out of the ring!!! Quit toying with her!!"

Some of the members of the crowd begin booing, and you feel bad for both of your classmates. Urakaka for being treated like a helpless little girl, and Bakugou for being treated like a villain for recognizing her capabilities.

"Is the one who said Bakugou's toying with her a pro hero?" Aizawa says over the announcements. The booing stops. "How many years of active duty? If that's all you see then go home. Don't bother watching. Look at some job hunting sites while you're at it. Uraraka has come this far, and Bakugou knows her strength. His caution shows that he recognizes her as an opponent to be reckoned with. It's exactly because he wants to win so badly that he's taking her on so seriously. He has no room for carelessness or holding back."

As he says that, Uraraka begins charging at Bakugou once more. Since the fight began, she hadn't paused for even a second.

After being blown away, Uraraka touches her fingers together.

"Here it comes...!" You say.

The rocks begin to plummet towards the stage, and Uraraka takes advantage of Bakugou's distraction. She charges at him once more, but just before she can reach him, Bakugou destroys all of the debris with a massive explosion.

The force of the blow sends Uraraka flying backwards, and she lands on her back with a loud slam.

"What an explosion!!! Uraraka's secret plan has just gone up in smoke!!"