Chapter 87: Who Doesn't Love Running Up 80 Floors?

"We need to let All Might know what we're doing." Midoriya says.

"But how?" You ask. "He won't be able to hear us."

"He'll know, trust me." Midoriya says.

"We'll leave it to you then, Midoriya." Todoroki says.

"Don't get caught." Momo says. "We'll wait over here.

You all watch Midoriya as he sneaks back to the banister surrounding the skylight below. He seems to get the message across because he runs back looking confident.

"Let's go!" Iida says.

You all agree and follow Melissa down the hall.

"I'm really worried about Bakugou and Kirishima." You say. "You don't think they ran into villains before the lockdown and that's why they weren't answering?"

"Knowing Kacchan and Kirishima, they'll be fine, Y/n."

"Midoriya's right. If anything, we should be worried about who ran into them!" Kaminari laughs.

The group of you race up the stairs, and you silently thank Aizawa for all of the endurance training you do at school. You reach the tenth, twentieth, and thirtieth floors before Midoriya pauses and looks back.

"This is the thirtieth floor. Melissa, what's the top floor?"

"The 200th floor."

You turn back to Melissa and gape. "Two hundred?? We have to run up two hundred floors?"

"Seriously?" Kaminari pants.

All of you are starting to sweat, and you're wishing you could be wearing shorts and a sports bra instead of your dress.

"We have to run that much?" Mineta groans.

"It's better than running into villains." Momo sighs, not pleased with the situation either.

"At this point I'd almost rather fight a villain...!" You say.

Iida gives you a stern look, and you apologize. Everyone continues running, and you find yourself zoning out. The necklace Todoroki gave you thumps gently against your chest with each step you climb.

Forty, fifty, sixty, seventy.

Ahead of you, Iida and Midoriya slam to a halt, and you bump into Todoroki.

"The shutter...!" Iida says. A giant metal door blocks access to the eightieth floor.

"What should we do, break it?" Todoroki pants.

Melissa shakes her head. "If we do that, then the security system will react and the villains will notice us."

"Then can't we just go through here?"

"Mineta!"

"Don't!" You try to freeze Mineta in place before he can touch the handle of another door, but it's too late. The door beeps as it opens, and you all rush through it.

"Damn it, they'll know we're here now!" You groan.

"Is there another way up?" Todoroki asks.

"There's another emergency staircase on the opposite side!"

"Hurry!" Iida yells. "We have to get there before they find us!"

Suddenly, the shutters in front of you begin to slam shut one by one.

"They're shutting behind us, too!" Momo shouts.

Iida spots a door one shutter ahead, and yells for Todoroki.