Chapter 81: A Cool Shopping Date

The next morning, you wake up early to make sure you look extra presentable. If you're going to a boutique that Todoroki's family frequents and going to his home, you want to look good. Especially since the only other time you met his father was when you were drenched in sweat from fighting.

You had torn your closet apart looking for something nice to wear that didn't make you look like you were trying too hard. You end up settling on a nice sundress and your nicest matching sandals. After ensuring your hair behaves and looks good, you open your phone to check the time. I still have fifteen minutes...

As if on cue, your doorbell rings. Todoroki is waiting outside the door wearing black pants, a white tee, and a jean jacket.

When you open the door, he looks up and seems surprised. His lips turn upwards into a soft smile. 

"I told you you'd look good in anything."

You blush and thank him. "Do you want a drink or anything before we go?"

Todoroki shakes his head, and you quickly grab your things and lock your door.

The two of you chat and walk towards the station. Unbeknownst to either of you, Shinsou had been on his way over to ask you to go for food with him. He recognized Todoroki as he walked down your street, and saw just how nice you looked when you answered the door. Instead of calling out to you, he shoved his hands into his pockets and stalked off when he saw you leave with him. You didn't ever dress up like that when going somewhere with him. 'Damn it...! What the hell... Is she seriously going on a date with that guy?! Why didn't she mention it to me?'

Finally, you and Todoroki arrive at the boutique. Nervously patting your dress, you quickly use your steam to flatten a wrinkle. 

"You look good. Don't worry. They know you're with me and that I'm not the one looking for the clothes." He says, gesturing to the windows full of women's clothing.

"Thank you, Todoroki..."

"By the way, Y/n... You can call me Shoto."

"Huh?" Todoroki opens the door before you can reply.

"Oh! Mr. Todoroki! I haven't seen you in a while! How are you?" The saleswoman immediately drops what she's doing to greet Todoroki.

"I'm well."

"Is your mother doing well?"

Todoroki hesitates before speaking. "Yes, she's doing well."

"Excellent! I imagine you are who the appointment is for then?" She gestures towards you. "I was expecting your sister when your father made the appointment."

"This is Izumi Y/n. She's coming to I-Expo with me and needs an outfit."

"Excellent, Miss Izumi, please come with me to get your measurements taken."

"Please, you can just call me Y/n...!"

"Miss Y/n it is then!"

This feels so freaking weird...! Is this what it's like being rich??

The saleswoman whisks you away and begins taking your measurements. Another brings Todoroki refreshments while he watches from a couch that looks more expensive than all of the furniture in your apartment combined. 

Once you've been measured, the woman begins showing you dresses. Not used to the attention and quality, you struggle to feel comfortable in any of them. 

When you step back into your fitting room—which is bigger than your bedroom—for who knows how many times its been now, you hear Todoroki speaking with the saleswoman.