Chapter 118: The Basement - Day One

TW: torture, bodily harm

A scream rips through your throat as Dabi presses his hand into the side of your ribcage, right where the broken bones are.

"Are you going to be more cooperative now?" He asks.

"...Fuck you."

"Naughty words for a hero. Aren't you supposed to be all sunshine and rainbows? You should watch your mouth, Princess." The back of his hand connects with your cheek, and you feel your skin cut from the metal staples holding his skin together.

You grunt in pain, but bite your tongue. As Dabi steps closer, you glance down at your legs. I should have enough water left... I could freeze him... Just barely...!

"Try it. I dare you." Dabi holds a flame to your face, and you recoil from the heat. "You were just thinking about using the last of your water to freeze me, weren't you? I told you already, you need to work on your poker face."

"I beat two of your clones."

"They were only ever meant to distract you. You really don't think we just waltzed up to one of UA's toughest first years, a water user, next to a stream without a plan, do you?" He chuckles. "If that's the case, you're more naive than I thought."

You stare at Dabi as he begins to crouch down in front of you. "What the hell are you doing?"

He reaches forward and yanks your shoes and socks from your feet. "Making sure you don't try using your quirk again."

"What–" Intense pain fills your feet as blue flames lick your soles. You can hardly register yourself screaming through the pain.

"Now, are you going to be more cooperative?" He tosses your shoes across the room, and they bounce across the ground. "Or do I have to burn you again?"

"Fuck... You..." You groan in pain. "I'm not telling you anything." I can't let him know about Midoriya and All Might...!

"No? That wasn't enough?" He laughs. "How about this?" Dabi stands up and slams his boot down on to your toes on your left foot, and another scream tears through your throat as several break.

You gasp and pant in pain as your head falls forward. Fuck... Midoriya... Bakugou... Shoto... Someone...! Come rescue me...!

"Now," Dabi grabs your chin again, forcing you to look up. "Tell me, what secrets are hiding in that pretty little head of yours?"

"None of your fucking business, you fucking creep...!" You spit in his face.

Fire burns behind Dabi's eyes, and regret immediately washes over you as fear takes hold. He grabs the collar of your button up, and the last thing you see is his fist flying towards your face.

.
.
.

"Wake up." Searing pain engulfs your dominant arm, and you open your eyes to Dabi gripping it. He had already burned away your sleeve. Flames wrap around his hand, and you squirm under the pain as your skin burns away.

"Fuck! Ow! Shit! Stop!! Stop!!!" You cry out in pain, begging for him to let go. "Please!!!!"

"I let you have a nice little nap, and now it's time we got serious." He says. The amused look in his eyes is gone, replaced by something much darker and more sinister. "Don't make this more difficult for yourself."

Tears roll down your face, and Dabi uses his thumbs to wipe them away. His thumbs burn to the touch, and you feel your under-eyes ache from the heat.

"Can't have you making any water, no matter how little, so be a good girl and don't cry." His voice is laced with malice. "Or I'll give you something to really cry about."