Chapter 10: This is a Democracy

The next morning had been normal up until Shinsou and you got to the school. There was a huge crowd of reporters in front of the gate.

"What the hell do they want?" Shinsou asks.

"It's probably for All Might again. Apparently they keep trying to get interviews with him." You explain. "It's really annoying."

"Hey, isn't that the girl who placed first in the entrance exams?!" A reporter with her hair in a ponytail spots you.

"Oh no...!" You yelp as the crowd surrounds you and pushes Shinsou away from you.

"You're in 1A, right? What's it like having All Might as a teacher?"

"Um... Well it's a really cool and valuable learning experience, and he obviously knows a lot about being a hero as the symbol of peace... Having the symbol of peace teaching you how to be a hero really inspires you to do your best." You nervously grab the straps of your backpack as they record what you say. "If you'll excuse me now, I have to get to class before I'm late..."

You manage to shove through the crowd and get to where Shinsou was standing. "You okay? I tried sticking with you but I got shoved out of the way." Shinsou says.

"Yeah, luckily they seemed satisfied enough to let me go." You sigh. The two of you pass through the school gates when you see Aizawa walking towards you. "Ah, good morning sir!" You say.

"Good morning, Y/n. Were the reporters bugging you like the others?" He replies.

"Yeah they asked me a bunch of questions about All Might, but I got away."

"I'm going to go tell them off. Head up to class; I may be a few minutes late." You nod and Aizawa walks towards the press.

"Was that your teacher?" Shinsou asks.

"Yeah. He may not look it, but he's super tough!" You tell him. "He's actually the hero Eraserhead!"

"Wait that guy was Eraserhead??" Shinsou asks.

"Yep! Pretty cool huh? He went to school with the Pussycats and they're pretty good friends. I didn't recognize him until Midoriya pointed him out."

As the two of you walk into the school and pass a window, you see the gate slam shut after Aizawa. "One of the reporters must have tried to go through..." Shinsou says.

In class...

"Good work on yesterday's battle training. I looked over your grades and evaluations." Aizawa tells the class. "Bakugou. Grow up already. Stop wasting your talent.

"Got it..." Bakugou grumbles back.

"And it seems Midoriya ended yet another day with a broken arm. Learn to control your quirk. Just trying isn't enough. I hate repeating myself, but I see potential in you if you can work through this so work at it Midoriya."

"Yes sir!" Midoriya replies.

"Now... On to homeroom business... Sorry for the sudden announcement but..." Please not another hard pop quiz! "Today you'll be picking a class president." So normal!

The class erupts into shouts of "I want to do it!!" and "Pick me, pick me!!" You join in.

"Leading the class is a heavy responsibility... Enthusiasm does not equate to ability!! This sacred office demands the trust of its constituents...!" You turn as Iida speaks up. What...??? "If this is to be a democracy, then I put forward the motion... That our true leader be chosen by election!!"

"This is just a classroom! Not congress!" Kaminari says.

"Yeah and Iida, your hand is raised the highest!" Kirishima adds.

"I think it's a pretty good idea!" You smile. Iida thanks you.

"We've only known each other for a few days though." Tsuyu states. "We haven't had time to build any trust in each other."

"Yeah and everyone's just going to vote for themselves!" Kirishima points out.

"That's precisely why anyone who manages to get multiple votes is the best suited individual for the job!" He turns to Aizawa. "Sir, will you allow this?!"

"Whatever. Just be quick. Wake me up once you've decided." Already crawling into his sleeping bag, Aizawa goes to sleep on the floor at the front of the class. Mood...

Everyone writes who they vote for on a small piece of paper. You debate voting for yourself, but decide only to if you can't pick someone else. Hmm... who should I vote for... Iida's really formal and seems to know what he's doing, but he hasn't really done anything yet... Just yelled at a few people for sitting on desks... Todoroki is way too quiet... Kirishima, Sero, and Kaminari are way too energetic and loud... Midoriya is really nice, but doesn't exactly scream class president to me... Oh! Yaoyorozu was super cool during the battle trial! She really knew what she was talking about... Plus she got in on recommendations and got first in the quirk assessment test! Yeah! I'll vote for her because she could probably a great job.

You write down her name on your paper and put it with the others. Once everyone is done, the votes are tallied up.

"Four votes?!" Midoriya yells in shock. Ah... Yaoyorozu only got three...

"Who the fuck voted for Deku?!" Bakugou yells.

"Guess we know you didn't vote for anyone!" Sero laughs.

"Zero votes...! I thought as much! This is the harsh reality of the sacred office...!!" Iida hangs his head in disappointment.

"Ah... So you voted for someone else," You say to him.

"You were the one who wanted to do it so badly and came up with the idea though... What did you want, Iida?" Sato points out.

"So it's settled. Yaoyorozu will be vice president and Midoriya will be president." Aizawa stands up.

"What a shame..." Yaoyorozu sighs.

"S-s-s-s-seriously?!!" Midoriya looks rest uncomfortable and shocked.

"I know Midoriya has the right stuff for this!" Kirishima says to you, Kaminari, and Sero. You glance back at the shaking green haired boy and question Kirishima's eyesight for a moment.

"And Yaoyorozu was pretty cool when she was analysing the battle training and all!" Kaminari adds.

With that, everyone agrees, and class continues as usual.

-

Guys I am so sorry this chapter is so late! Wattpad deleted it on me twice and with my classes I've had no time to write. Hopefully it actually posts this time.

And can I just say holy shit 2k+ reads already?! Thank you so much guys!! I really appreciate all of your comments and votes, too!