Chapter 66: Every Student's Favourite Time of the Year

The next day during homeroom, you're feeling a little bit better. Recovery Girl was able to do a decent amount of healing that morning and the night before, so your wounds are all closed at this point. They are still very fragile though, as the skin is brand new, and not very tough. She was able to close the area on your shoulders fully to reduce a lot of the pain from moving your arms, so it is a lot more comfortable to use the crutches.

"Y/n, glad to see you're looking a bit better today. Don't ruin it by doing anything foolish." Aizawa says to you as he begins morning announcements.

"Yes, sir!"

"Now, let's see... Summer vacation is close at hand. Of course, it would be completely irrational for you all to take an entire month off from training."

"Are we going to have to do summer school?" Kaminari whispers.

"You'll be going on a summer-camp training exercise in the woods."

Your classmates cheer and you smile with anticipation.

"Truth or dare!"

"Bathhouses!!!!"

"Fireworks!"

"Curry!"

"Oh yum!!"

"Since we'll be out in nature, our training will probably be different, too. I wonder what they'll have us doing?"

"It'll be interesting trying to use our quirks in different areas; it'll be good practice, that's for sure."

Everyone begins shouting out what they're excited for, and speculating what the activities will be. Aizawa silences everyone with just a look and continues.

"However... Need I remind you all about your exams that are coming up? Anyone who fails will be in for true hell in summer school instead. Remember, it won't be just written exams. You'll have to prepare for the practical as well."

The happy atmosphere shifts to one of panic almost instantly as those without the best grades get a reality check. You chuckle as Kaminari and Kirishima begin to shout good luck to each other and the others.

You hear Bakugou sigh and look off to the side as he mutters something about it being stupid. Feeling the stress a little, you try to plan out how you'll study and train.

I need to hurry up and get better fast, I've already lost some muscle from my injuries, and I didn't have much to begin with...! I should be healed with plenty of time to participate in the practical, but I'm going to have to really work hard to get my strength and quirk better...

By the last week before your exams come around, your wounds are fully healed. It was a bit rough, especially convincing Recovery Girl to speed up the process and push you a bit further, but you were finally back in action.

"Man, it feels great to be back in one piece...!" You sigh as you stretch.

Kirishima smiles back at you. "I'll bet! It's good seeing you better! It was scary just how badly you had gotten injured."

Wiping the sweat from your brow, you nod. "I guess the good thing about it was that I had a lot of down time to study. There isn't too much I have to work on this week. Math is killing me, though!"

"I'm jealous! You're near the top of the class in terms of grades. I'm sure you'll do fine."

"Yaomomo, Bakugou, Midoriya, and Iida are all way above me, though. Not to mention, Todoroki. I think he and I are pretty closely tied."

"You two sure are similar... Except he's a lot more serious than you."

"Hey, I can be serious!" You laugh. "Now, come on! Let's go another round!"

"You sure? I know you're all healed up now, but we've been going at it for a while already."

"What, you need a break?" You tease the redhead.

"You wish! Alright, but this is the last round, then we have to get ready for class."

"Oh, it is getting pretty close, isn't it? Well, let's make it quick then. First to get the other's band wins!"

The two of you had woken up early and met up on campus to spar before class. To add some extra difficulty, you were using leftover bands from the sports festival. Whoever was able to grab the other's band first won.

Neither of you were using your quirks, so it was good for forcing you to get stronger physically on top of going to the gym.

You make the first move, attempting to dupe him with a punch on his left, but he sees through it. The two of you exchange a few blows, fighting to snatch the bands off of each other's foreheads.

Finally, Kirishima dodges one of your attacks and slips behind you. Grabbing your arm, he pins you to the ground and is able to remove the band.

"I win again!"

You groan. "I thought I had you that time!"

Kirishima laughs at you. "Not yet, Y/n! Don't worry, we still have the rest of the week to train, plus free time between our written exams the next week. Besides, if you were using your quirk, there's no way I'd win!"

Kirishima lets go of you and holds out his hand for you to take. You smile up at him as you roll on to your back and graciously accept.

"I don't know about that... Maybe if I didn't freeze you solid, but your quirk would stand up pretty well to the rest of it."

"Yeah, if you didn't freeze me solid is the important part." Using the bottom of his shirt, he wipes his face. He had skipped gelling his hair that morning, and held it out of his face with a headband. It looks good without the gel, too. You can't help but glance down at his abs. Before he can notice you checking him out, you whip your head away. He looks back at you and gives you a smile.

"S-so anyways! We should probably go wash up and get into our uniforms...!" You feel your face going pink. Ah, puberty. It'll do that to you.

"Yeah, Aizawa wouldn't be pleased if we came to class in workout gear smelling like this."

"Oh god, how bad do I smell?"

He laughs at you. "Don't worry, it's not that bad," he laughs again when he sees your embarrassed face. "Can't be worse than me! Besides, it's the sign of a good workout!"

-
-
-
-
-

I'm so sorry guys I thought I posted this last week and when I just logged in to post this week's chapter I realized I didn't my bad!!