Chapter 67: Stinky

The two of you take your things and head inside towards the locker rooms.

"You know, Y/n, I know you've been a bit self conscious of those scars you got, but they're really badass," Kirishima tells you.

It's true, having such obvious scarring on your body is something that had been bothering you. The one on your stomach isn't as bad because it's hidden under your clothes unless you are wearing a sports bra, but the ones on your shoulders and thigh are pretty visible.

The one on your thigh is below your skirt line, so unless you are wearing 100% opaque tights, it's visible. You had taken to wearing longer bike shorts under your skirt that covered it fully. It looked a bit odd, but it was too warm out for the opaque tights.

The scarring on your shoulders is clearly visible anytime you were wearing less than a t-shirt, so your typical tank tops for working out had you constantly trying to cover them. Of course, the only one who had said anything about them being unsightly was Mineta, during a comment where he said it would "lower your fanbase." That was the only time he had said anything though, as Bakugou quickly threatened to give him a matching set, but with burns instead.

"You think so?" You nervously fiddle with your hair, and Kirishima stops walking.

"Is what Mineta said still getting to you? Bakugou told me what he said. That kid seriously has something wrong with his head. I don't know where he gets off acting the way he does, but it's totally not manly!"

You smile as Kirishima goes on. He always has your back, and never fails to make you feel better about yourself, sometimes before you even know what's bothering you.

"Thank you, Kirishima. I really appreciate it."

"Of course! They're seriously super cool! It shows you made it out of a lot and what you can already handle! People will take you even more seriously if they see them! I just wish you didn't have to get them..."

"Yeah... I mean Iida's arm is still damaged from back then, and Midoriya and Todoroki have some scarring, too..."

"Jeez, it's a really good thing Endeavour was able to beat him....!"

"Yeah... Endeavor..."

"Well, we better hurry up! You want to grab a bite from the cafeteria after? There's no way I'm making it through class and until lunch after burning all of those calories!"

"You must need to eat a lot of protein to keep up that physique," you say.

"Yup! They should have eggs; we'll get you some, too! We'll get you as buff as me in no time!"

You laugh at his enthusiasm and excuse yourself into the girls change room to wash up. Opening your locker, you take out your shower bag and sandals. Your hair is wet with sweat, and definitely needs to be washed. Not to mention your body.

After showering and getting changed into your uniform, you wait for Kirishima out in the hall.

Expecting him to be ready before you, you send him a text. He quickly responds, apologizing and assuring you he'll be right out.

A few minutes later, he emerges looking a bit flustered.

"Sorry! My hair did not want to cooperate! It took longer than usual to gel it."

"You know, Kiri, your hair looks good down. Why do you gel it all the time?" You ask.

"You think so? I don't know, I guess I just want it to look cooler... Is that lame?"

You smile at him. "Not at all! It looks cool both ways!"

"Thank you, Y/n, I really appreciate it! I used to wear it down in middle school, but I was trying something new for highschool."

The two of you continue chatting, and you make your way to the cafeteria to get food before class.

"It looks like we still have about fifteen minutes before the first bell." You say.

"Perfect! Let's chow down then!" The two of you grab some food and quickly sit down to eat.

Kirishima had loaded your plate up with the same as he was eating. It was a lot more protein than you typically eat, but he was probably the best person you knew at school, short of All Might and Midoriya, to give you food advice for getting stronger.

After quickly scarfing the food down, the two of you hurry up to class. Inside, everyone is panicking over the soon-to-arrive exams.

"I haven't studied at all!!!" Kaminari wails. "Between the Sports Festival and the internships it totally slipped my mind!!"

You laugh. "Kaminari, Aizawa himself was reminding us about it!"

He turns to look at you. "And you think I listened??"

Kirishima laughs with you at Kaminari's response. "I'll be honest, I've been focusing on getting ready for the practical instead!"

"I can help you with the studying since you're helping me with the practical, Kirishima!" You smile. "You too Kaminari!"

'An angel!' Kirishima and Kaminari think to themselves.

"Oh, but I'm no good at math, we'll have to convince someone else to help with that."

"Midterms weren't too bad since we hadn't covered much since starting school... But with all of the interruptions and everything else going on, I get the feeling the finals will be a lot harder..." Sato says.

"Indeed..." Tokoyami agrees.

From his desk at the side of the room, Mineta speaks up. "Sucks that there's going to be a practical, too." He sneers.

You frown as Kaminari and Mina, the two lowest scorers, whip to face him.

"We thought you were one of us!!"

"Guys like you are only loveable when you're morons! There's no demand for whatever the hell you are!"

"Ashido, Kaminari! Let's do our best!" Midoriya says, trying to cheer them up. "It'd be great if we could all go to the training camp together, right?"

"It'll be no fun if some of us are stuck back at school missing out!" You add.

"Haven't you been attending classes? How could you possibly fail?" Todoroki asks.

"Yes! You need to pay more attention to the lectures!" Iida adds.

"Words hurt you know!!" Kaminari says.

"You guys are at the top of the class! It's not fair!" Mina groans.

You laugh at their reactions. "Todoroki, Iida, don't be so mean. We don't all learn at the same pace," you tell the two.

"If it's academics you're struggling with, you two are more than welcome to come study at my house," Momo says. "The practical on the other hand..." She trails off as she stares into her lap.

Jiro, Ojiro, and Sero crowd around her desk. "Can you help us too?"

Momo looks surprised and touched by the request and smiles at them. "Yes!! Of course!!!"

The three cheer and you can't help but laugh at Bakugou's sour expression.

"That's what virtue looks like." Kirishima tells him.

"I've got virtue, too! I'll tutor you until you're dead!" Bakugou says.

"Oh, help me with math!" You say.

"Tsk, shouldn't you already know how to do it all?"

You feign hurt and clutch your chest. "So rude, Bakugou! Maybe if you're going to be helping Kirishima then, I'll ask Midoriya for help!" You step towards Midoriya to grab his arm.

"I don't mind-" Midoriya begins to blush and reply, but Bakugou cuts him off, yanking you in between him and Kirishima.

"Like hell!"

Kirishima joins you in laughing at Bakugou's reaction, and poor Midoriya looks a bit dejected.

-
-
-
-
-

I've already written the practical exams, but I'm curious who you guys think you'll be paired up with so let me know who you guess and we'll see if anyone gets it right :)