Chapter 102: H2O: Just Add Water

Staring down at the barrels and hole in front of you, you let out a deep breath. The top of the first barrel is easy enough to remove, and you shake your hands before starting. Back at the center of the group, you can see Momo and Sato eating as they use their quirks, and not far away from you, Todoroki begins using both his ice and fire.

"I'd better get started, too."

Raising a stream of water to your mouth is easy enough, but it's a little awkward to drink it. It's even more awkward to try to keep it up while generating water. As you focus on releasing a stream of water while you drink, your aunt's voice suddenly pops into your head.

"Now switch to ice!"

In your surprise, you drop the water you were drinking, and it splashes all over your clothes and the ground.

"No good! You need to be able to do this without thinking!"

You turn looking for your aunt and spot her wagging a finger at you from across the group.

"Easy for you to say..." You sigh and turn back to your water as you talk to yourself, knowing your aunt can't hear you. "Your quirk is literally just thinking...!"

"That better not have been attitude!"

"She knows me too well..." You chuckle and get back to training.

A few hours pass, and although you're really feeling the effects of overusing your quirk, it's starting to yield some results already. Unlike yesterday, at least you're drinking water as you release it.

Unfortunately, drinking so much water has left you feeling nauseous the entire time, and your body is struggling to match input and output levels. On the bright side, you're finding it easier to use your quirk not only in different ways at a time, but also while feeling like shit.

After another hour, you have to stop drinking water. Your stomach is so bloated it aches, and the idea of even one more tiny sip threatens to send everything you have left in it back up the way it came. Not wanting to stop working on controlling already available water, you start moving the water in the hole in front of you.

There's quite a large pool of water, and it's hard to tell just how much you had generated due to the ground soaking a lot up, not to mention your steam output.

"Another good aspect of this training is we'll get a better idea of your input to output ratio." Your aunt's voice fills your head again. "Once we're done for the day, we'll look at how much water you drank and roughly how much you generated. Ragdoll's been keeping track of your output, so don't worry about guessing any numbers."

You gag when she mentions drinking water, but continue pushing through it. Another few hours pass, and you take the occasional drink of water, but still want to hurl each time you do.

Finally, at four, everyone is stopped.

"That's a wrap everyone!" Your aunt shouts.

Relieved sighs come from both 1A and 1B students alike. Everyone is feeling miserable and overworked.

"Don't fall asleep yet, kittens! Like we said, the pampering ended yesterday!!" You turn towards Pixiebob's voice and see her and Ragdoll beckoning everyone towards them.

"Wanna eat? Then you gotta cook for yourselves!! Today is curry!" Ragdoll continues as everyone follows them to the outdoor food prep area, and you see mounds of potatoes, vegetables, and everything you need to make curry waiting there.

A collective groan comes from your group. "Yes, ma'am..."

Ragdoll laughs her heart out at the response. "Bwa ha ha, you all look horrible and worse for wear!! That's why this is no mere kitty chow you'll be making!" She continues to laugh and point at each of you, and Pixiebob snickers next to her.

Your aunt and Tiger lead Class B over to where they'll be doing their food prep, and your class stays with the laughing duo.

"But of course! In times of disaster and evacuation, someone needs to fill the bellies and soothe the souls of fatigued citizens. That, too, is part of rescue operations...!" Iida says. "Naturally, UA never misses a teaching opportunity!! Let's make the tastiest curry in the world, everyone!"

A half-hearted "Yeahhh..." comes from your class, and although you're starving, the idea of eating right now isn't helping your stomach settle down.

"Hey, Y/n! Wanna give us some water?" Kaminari says as everyone gets to work.

You gag as he says the word water, but nod. "Yeah, okay..."

"What, you all watered out for the day?" He laughs in response.

"I think if I drink any more I'm going to vomit."

"Don't puke in the food!" Sero teases you.

"Tch, don't tell me that actually wore you out?" Bakugou scoffs. You can see his arms twitching as he peels potatoes with a knife.

You roll your eyes at him. "I drank more water today than all three of you do in two weeks."

Leaning down in front of the pots, you fill them with water. Damn, I'm going to have to drink more... I'm running low again... But I so don't want to!

"Hey, Todoroki! Can we get some fire over here?" Mina shouts from a few stations over.

At your station, Bakugou is trying to light the fire with his explosions.

"Bakugou, knock it off. You can't make fire with your explosions here." Sero says.

"Just watch me, damn it!!"

You share an exasperated sigh with Tokoyami.

"Can't you just boil the water, Y/n?" Kaminari asks you.

"Not unless I want to hold it at a boil the entire time it's cooking. I can heat it up though, so it boils faster I guess."

After lighting the other fires, Todoroki comes over to where you're heating the water.

"Want me to light it?"

"Buzz off!! I've got this!"

"...Yes please, Todoroki." You say after sighing at Bakugou.

The blond looks pissed as Todoroki easily lights the firewood Bakugou had been trying to set aflame. "Freaking show off...!"

"Chill out, man." Kaminari says.

"Shut up!!"