Chapter 73: Results

Back in the classroom the day after your exam, you are trying to cheer Kirishima and Sato up, along with Mina and Kaminari.

"Everyone, I'm looking forward, hic, to a bunch of, hic, awesome stories from the trip..." Mina sputters out between hiccups and tears.

"Hey now, there could be a twist still!" Midoriya says.

"Don't say that, Midoriya. You're gonna jinx it!" Sero tells him.

"Failing our exams means summer school hell instead of training camp in the woods!!" Kaminari exclaims. "And we flunked the practical!!!"

Sero cuts him off. "Calm down, I'm in the same boat anyways. I got put to sleep and only passed thanks to Mineta. I'm the exact same as Kirishima and Sato, except they lasted longer than me."

Before Kaminari can argue, the bell goes off and the door slams in to reveal Aizawa. "That's the bell. Get to your seats." A silence falls over the class as everyone scrambles to sit down. "Morning. As you all know, we sadly had a few failures for the practical exam. As such... You're all going to the training camp!!"

"What a twist!!!" Kaminari and Mina yell.

"Everyone did pass the written exams after all. Unfortunately, in the practical, Kaminari, Mina, Kirishima, Sato, and Sero failed."

"Damn, I knew you winning wouldn't save us...!" Kirishima says to you. "We should have listened to what you had to say... I'm sorry, Y/n..."

"I knew it... Clearing the practical didn't necessarily mean we passed..." Sero sighs. "How embarrassing..."

"Wait, so we're really allowed to go?!" Mina throws her hand in the air as she asks it. Her face is stained with streaks of tears, and she's viciously trying to wipe them away.

Aizawa nods. "As the villains in this test, we teachers came up with assignments perfectly suited to all of you. Ones that would give you chances to devise winning strategies. If we hadn't, none of you would have stood a chance."

"So when you said you were going to crush us..." Ojiro says.

"That was to push you. We are talking about training camp after all. More than anyone else, those who failed are in dire need of it. This was another rational deception." Aizawa grins at the class, unnerving you.

"A rational deception?!" As your failing classmates hear it, they begin to cheer in relief.

"We've been fooled again! I'd expect no less from UA...!" Iida says. "But, now that we've been lied to twice, aren't you worried our faith in you had been shaken?!"

Uraraka laughs at him. "Way to be a wet blanket, Iida!"

"Perhaps, but consider the facts. It wasn't entirely a lie. Failure is still failure. You five will receive special supplemental lessons. And to be honest, they'll be far worse than summer school. Anyways, here are the camp manuals. Take one and pass it on."

The cheering from your classmates stops, and their moods sour once again.

"Sorry, guys..." You say to your exam teammates.

"It's not your fault, Y/n..." Kirishima sighs.

At the end of the school day, back in class, you're going over the manual with your classmates.

"Well, I'm glad we're all able to go, whatever the case." Ojiro says.

You nod. "It wouldn't be the same without everyone there."

"An entire week of training camp!" Iida says.

"The packing list is huge!" Midoriya comments as he peers over Iida's shoulder.

"I don't even have a bathing suit. There's a ton of stuff I need to buy." Kaminari sighs.

"How do you not have a swimsuit??" You ask.

"Not all of us are mermaids like you, Y/n!" He laughs, nudging your arm.

You laugh. "I practically live in one during the summer! The beach is my favourite place to be!"

"No surprise there," Sero chuckles. "With a quirk like yours, it'd be weird if it wasn't."

"Oh!! I have an idea!" Hagekure gets everyone's attention. "Since our exams are all over now, and we have tomorrow off, let's all go on a big shopping date!"

"Good idea!!" Kaminari says. "This would be a first, come to think of it!"

"Hey, you come too, Bakugou!" Kirishima tells the ever annoyed blond.

"No way in hell! Sounds lame!"

"Bakugou! It would be fun!" You say. You get a grunt in response.

Midoriya turns towards Todoroki. "You should come, Todoroki!"

You nod your head in agreement. "The more people that come, the more fun we'll have!"

"I visit someone on my days off..." Todoroki says.

"No way! Todoroki, do you have a secret girlfriend?!" Hagekure asks.

He gives her a classic Todoroki deadpan, and shakes his head. "It's nothing like that."

"Don't tease him, Toru!" You laugh. "You'll just have to make up for it another day, Todoroki!"

"...I can do that."

"By the way, Y/n, did you really beat Cementoss by using sewage??" Mina asks.

A few of your classmates' faces turn sour as Mina's question catches your attention.

"Oh, Y/n, that's just nasty." Sero pinches his nose and waves his hand in front of his face.

"Please tell me they hosed you guys off before you guys came back on campus." Jiro groans.

"Poor Cementoss..."

"That is very unsanitary, Y/n. You could get very sick from that!" Iida begins waving his hand in the air, much to your annoyance.

"Wait, was I covered in sewage?! I didn't do a deep wash of my hair yesterday!" Kirishima says.

"No no no!!! No one touched sewage!!!" You yell, covering your bright red cheeks with your hands. "That would be a biohazard!! What do you take me for??"

"But Midoriya was rambling about how you popped out of a manhole and used the water to take Cementoss down!" Hagekure says.

"Huh?!" Midoriya seems surprised to be called out.

"It's in his journal, see?!" Hagekure yanks Midoriya's most recent hero journal from his bag and tries opening it to your page.

"Noo!! It's nothing!!" Midoriya snatches his notebook back from her invisible hands before she reveals all of his notes on you. If they were just notes like everyone else, it would be okay, but his notes on you were a little... Excessive. Nothing creepy, but the only other two entries with as many notes are All Might and his childhood friend.

"It's a fake city! There's no one there to actually create sewage! Any of the student bathrooms are part of a separate system linked to the school! My new helmet reads that kind of stuff! It would have told me the water was bad before I even got in!"

A collective sigh of relief falls over the class.

"Whatever you say, piss girl." Bakugou says. He had been silently sitting in his seat up until that moment.

"Piss girl?!" You shriek and whip around to face him.

Unlike his typical demeanor, Bakugou breaks out in laughter at your reaction. You were so stunned by his laughing, you couldn't say anything else but sputter.

"W-what- How dare- Ugh!"

A few of your classmates can't help but chuckle as well as your face grows hotter and hotter.

"I didn't use piss!!!"

.
.
.
.
.

"And now they won't stop joking that my new hero name should be Piss Girl!! Can you believe it, Toshi?" You huff.

Shinsou slings his bag over his shoulder and walks next to you. "Sounds pretty tough... Piss Girl."

"Not you too!!"