Chapter 17: The Symbol of Peace

"Fear not. I am here."

You, Midoriya, Tsuyu, and Mineta look to All Might with tears of happiness in your eyes.

"All Might...!" You smile.

"We're saved! We're saved!!" Mineta cheers.

The villains don't look as happy as you students. "I've been waiting hero. You worthless trash." Shigaraki stands up, steps away from you and Mineta, and then takes a few steps in All Might's direction.

The villains Aizawa couldn't defeat look up in shock. "That's...!! I've never seen him in the flesh before...!! What a presence!"

"Don't get weak in the knees, idiot. We're here to kill him! Pick your jaw up off the floor." Another scolds.

Almost faster than you can follow, All Might jumps down the staircase and punches away all of the villains. He gingerly picks up Aizawa and quietly says something to his limp body.

By the time you can process what just happened, All Might has snatched the four of you away from the Nomu creature and Shigaraki. He places you all down on the ground with Aizawa.

"Huh?! Wait what?! So fast!!" Mineta shouts in amazement.

"Take Aizawa to the entrance. He's unconsious, so hurry!" All Might instructs you.

"Ahhhhhhh... It's no good! I'm sorry father..." Shigaraki picks up a hand that was knocked off of his face when All Might rescued the four of you. He carefully puts it back in place. You had no clue how he even managed to keep it on in the first place.

"Beating people up to save others... Hah! That's our government sponsored violence. You're fast... But not as fast as expected." Shigaraki laughs. "Could it be true? Are you getting weaker?"

Midoriya turns back to All Might. "It's no use, All Might! I punched that brain villain, and One- I mean my attack- even though it wasn't enough to break my arm, he didn't even flinch!"

"Midoriya, kid." All Might turns back and smiles. "Fear not!"

All Might rushes towards Shigaraki, who simply says, "Nomu." The creature appears in front of All Might and blocks his punch. You shut your eyes as the force of the blow sends a blast of air in all directions. Behind the Nomu, the water shoots up just like from Midoriya's attack. However, the Nomu stands in perfect health in front of All Might.

"It didn't have any effect at all...?!" All Might wipes his mouth as he stares at the Nomu in surprise.

"That's right. That's because he's got shock absorption. If you really want to hurt him you'll have to tear him apart, piece by piece. I doubt he'll let you though."

"Thanks for the info. I appreciate it!" All Might continues to fight with the Nomu. The four of you use this as an opportunity to sneak away. Midoriya and you carefully carry Aizawa towards the stairs.

"Should we really leave like this?" You ask. "I know he's the Symbol of Peace, but if that thing is really as strong as him then shouldn't we at least take care of the hand guy and warp guy?"

SLAM!!

A huge cloud of smoke fills the air where All Might and the villains are fighting.

"I guess we were worried for nothing. He's unreal." Tsuyu says.

The smoke clears, and the sight before you shocks you. The warp villain had created a warp that allowed the Nomu to appear underneath All Might, and it sinks it's claw like fingers into his stomach.

"Asu- Tsu...! Take Aizawa for me...!" Midoriya says.

"You too Mineta!" You say.

"What are you two do-"

Before they can finish, Midoriya and you had already placed Aizawa on the ground and raced at the villains.

As you near them, the warp gate villain appears in front of you. As suddenly as the villain appears, a boy jumps from beside you and blasts him out of the way.

"Bakugou...!" You gasp.

"You should be more careful! And you!! You're not going anywhere, ass face!!" Bakugou pins the villain to the ground with a loud slam.

With him comes Todoroki who freezes the Nomu, and Kirishima swinging at and narrowly missing Shigaraki.

"Dammit! I almost had him!" The red head yells.

"You're pretty weak, you misty piece of shit." Bakugou smirks.

"So I heard you people are here to kill All Might..." Todoroki lets out a breath of icy air. "But scum like you could never kill the Symbol of Peace."

"Cold...!" All Might shivers, but thanks to Todoroki's insane aim, he wasn't frozen at all. He easily escapes the Nomu's grasp, and jumps near everyone else.

"You've pinned down our way out... What a bother... This is no good..." Shigaraki starts to scratch obsessively at his neck.

"You slipped up, bastard! It's just like I thought!" Bakugou yells. "The parts you can turn into that foggy stuff is limited! You're just using it to cover up your real body! I'm right, aren't I?!"

The villain attempts to move, but Bakugou gives him a warning shot to his back. "Don't move!! If I think you're doing anything fishy... I'll blow you into next year!!"

"Not very heroic, dude..." Kirishima tells Bakugou.

"Wow! You're actually pretty smart!" You tell Bakugou.

"What the hell does that mean?!" Even in the current situation, you let out a small laugh.

"Not only have you got us in a tight spot, you're all also at full health... This is no good..." Shigaraki mumbles to himself. "Today's kids really are something! You didn't get into UA for nothing, huh? The Pros and the League of Villains should be ashamed that a bunch of kids are doing better..." He sighs and turns to where the Nomu is sticking out of the ground. "Nomu. Take out that explosive brat. We need our escape route back."

Everyone watches in shock as the creature pulls itself out of the warp and stands up. Solid ice covers the right half of its body from Todoroki's attack. As it puts pressure on its right leg and arm, the ice coated limbs crack and fall apart to the ground.

"His body is falling apart but he's still moving...!" Midoriya says.

"No way...! How is he not bleeding? Just what kind of monster is that thing?!" You ask.

"Get back everyone!!" All Might shouts. The monster's limbs begin to regrow and All Might says, "What?! I thought his quirk was shock absorption!"

"I don't recall saying that was all he has. This is his Hyper Regeneration." Shigaraki chuckles. "Nomu is a superpowered living sandbag designed to withstand anything you throw at him." The Nomu's arm and leg burst back into existence, and you step in front of Bakugou.

"Don't worry Bakugou! I'll try to keep him away from you!" You say. "Just make sure you keep that misty guy pin-"

BOOM

"Kacchan!!"

"Y/n!!"

-
-
-
Sorry for such a long wait guys! School's been kicking my ass and when it's not I'm too tired to do much... I was planning on writing more for this chapter but I figured since it's been a while I should just post what I have done.

Also thank you so much for 20k+ reads!! When I last updated I don't even think it was at 10k 😅 I appreciate each and every one of you for waiting so long!

Hopefully the next chapter won't take as long to get posted. I have plans for what I want to happen in the next few arcs, but it takes a bit to write it all otherwise I'd be caught up with the manga by now lol

Feel free to add me on zepeto too! My code is S62LTD :)