Chapter 42: Vs Iida

"Here we are, everyone! The second last match of the first year event!! This match will decide which one of our hero wannabes will be taking home third place!"

You step into the ring at the same time as Iida. The two of you smile at each other as Present Mic talks.

"It's Iida Tenya versus Izumi Y/n!! Both come from well known hero families, so this'll be an interesting fight!!"

"I wish you the best of luck, Y/n." Iida says.

"Don't hold back!"

"I wouldn't dream of it!"

"Let's get this show on the road!! Start!!!"

Iida immediately kicks into overdrive, and slams a kick into you. Thanks to his Recipro Burst, you couldn't react in time to block it. His foot connects with your stomach and sends you rolling across the ground.

"Ouch!! Iida starts the match with an crazy strong kick!!! What kind of leg workouts does this kid do?!"

You sit up and gasp for air while clutching your stomach. Iida barely gave you enough time to realize what had happened before he swung another kick into your left arm.

"Ah!" You tumble and roll before landing on your stomach. Gasping again, you struggle to pull yourself off the ground.

You get up anyways and clutch your left arm. It was twisted and hanging at an odd angle.

Ah... It's broken...

"Man, that's gotta hurt! Looks like that last kick broke Y/n's left arm!! Will she be able to continue with that injury?!"

"Hell yeah I will!!!" You yell and race towards Iida. He isn't moving much, so his super speed must only last a few seconds!

"Y/n! There are children listening!!" Iida says. He runs to go behind you, but you turn around.

You laugh, shrug, and blast him with a stream of high pressure hot water.

"That's hot!!"

You aim once more, but this time for his legs.

You heat the water almost hot enough to burn, and hit his legs hard. Iida gasps in pain and pauses.

Although it was only for a second, it was long enough for you to aim a jet of freezing water at his legs. When he tried running again, the engines in his legs blocked, and he couldn't move.

Now that he was still, you freeze him in a block of ice.

"Iida is unable to move! Y/n takes third place!!" Midnight says.

You jog over to Iida, and quickly thaw him out. You also bring his legs back to a normal temperature with some steam.

"Sorry about the hot water..."

"It's alright. I'm sorry about your arm. I haven't used Recipro Burst against anyone aside from Todoroki earlier, so I'm still getting used to controlling it. Are you alright? Do you need me to take you to see Recovery Girl? You'll need to be careful not to damage it further. Broken bones are very serious. Don't go getting a habit of breaking them like Midoriya. You need to-"

You laugh at Iida's seriousness. "Thanks, Iida."

"Of course! You're very welcome!"

You shake Iida's hand and he follows you off of the stage. The two of you head towards Recovery Girl's office.

"Man, those legs of yours are something else, Iida. That Recipro Burst is a pro level move! Before I even knew what was happening, I was being kicked and thrown across the ground! I couldn't even see it coming, let alone try to dodge it!"