Chapter 27: Going off to Battle

"The match will last fifteen minutes. Each team's starting points are determined by its members, and the rider will wear a headband depicting the total number of the members' points. Until the match ends, try to steal as many headbands as your team can while holding on to your own. Any headbands held by your team must be worn around the rider's neck or higher. They're held together by velcro, so don't worry about how you'll get them off without choking your fellow students. This being said, the more headbands you have, the harder it'll be to manage them. Most importantly, even if you lose your headband... Even if your horse formation is broken... It's not over until it's over!" Midnight tells everyone.

"That means... With 42 students..."

"There'll be at least 10 to 12 teams on the field at a time."

"How tiresome..." You hear Yaoyorozu and Sato say.

Mina and Tsuyu join in. "That means we don't have to worry even if we temporarily lose all our points, yeah?"

"But then you have to be paying attention to the minute-by-minute point breakdown, Mina."

Midnight continues. "You're still allowed to use your quirks, so it'll be a brutal game of survival! However, it's still a cavalry battle! If you attack another team with the intent of breaking their formation, then you'll get a red card and be disqualified! You have fifteen minutes to form your teams! Please report to me once you've made them!"

A team huh... Working with Todoroki wouldn't work out because our quirks are too similar... Midoriya has a crazy high number of points, so everyone's going to be chasing him the whole time... And Shinsou...

You thought back to this morning.

"Hey Y/n... I really appretiate all of the training you did with me."

"No problem, Hitoshi!"

"But..." You turn your head to look at him.

"What's up?"

"Once we get inside, I don't want your help. I want to prove to myself and everyone else that I can do this on my own."

You smile. "Of course! You're going to do great!"

You sighed. Who were you going to team up with now? Todoroki already had a team, and was heading over towards Midnight.

"Hey, Ice Pop."

"Ice Pop...?" You turn around to see Bakugou. Behind him are Kirishima and Sero.

"You wanna beat Midoriya and Todoroki?"

"You bet!" You smile.

"Then it's settled. You're going to be my on my right. Shitty Hair is in front, and Tape Arms is on the left.

"We just told you our names, man!! It's Kirishima and Sero! And that's Y/n, not Ice Pop!" Kirishima exclaims.

"Tch, whatever."

"What makes you so sure I want to join your team?" You ask. You were planning on accepting his offer, but you wanted to tease him a little first.

"Huh? You said you wanted to win. And I'm the one who's going to be winning this."

"But what if I won?"

"Well, you're gonna win because you're joining my team."

"Am I?"