Chapter 96: A Big Ol' Happy Family Reunion

"This is seriously insane!! Did they really expect us to get there by lunch?!" Jiro yells.

"They don't normally go so crazy!" You yell back, dodging a beast's giant foot as it slams down where you were just standing. Todoroki freezes it solid, and you blast one away from him.

"So you're saying they usually go easy on you, but kicked it up a notch because I'm here, huh?!" Bakugou boasts. You yell incoherently at him in frustration, to which he laughs.

"More like there's twenty more of us this time!!" Sero corrects him.

"Whatever! This is a piece of cake!! Sorry you extras can't handle it!!!"

"Yeah, right! We can all see your arms trembling!" Kaminari says.

"They are not!!!"

"You're going to call me an extra in my own home?!"

"Your home is the forest, huh? Explains why you look so at home covered in dirt!!" Bakugou taunts you.

"Why you-!"

"Watch out!" Tsuyu grabs you with her tongue and yanks you to her side. Uraraka quickly slaps the monster that had almost crushed you, and it begins to ascend.

Midoriya and Iida waste no time leaping into the air to smash it to bits.

"Now is not the time for arguing!" Iida yells.

"Iida's right! We need to stay focused and work together!" Yaoyorozu says.

"I can see the facility!" Shoji says.

"Shoto, let's make a shortcut!" You yell. "Blast a wall of ice this way on my mark!"

Todoroki nods and the two of you run ahead of the group. You signal to him that you're all set, and the two of you blast a long set of parallel ice walls towards the camp.

Everyone from your class runs down the path, and you're able to stop the monsters from breaching the path for the most part. As you reach the end, you get frustrated by how much taller and longer Todoroki's was. Not to mention the strength of it. Yours felt like comparing a child's drawing to a master's.

With your head pounding, you run along the path. You are no longer leading, and have to pay extra attention to your footing to avoid falling.

"Y/n, you don't look too good...!" Uraraka says. She looks ready to hurl herself.

"I used up way too much water... As soon as we get back I'm parking myself under a tap!"

She chuckles at you as you continue. Finally, the trees part, and your class emerges from the woods, looking like you haven't seen society in at least a week.

"We finally made it...!"

Everyone doubles over panting, and you have to fight the urge to just puke and lay down in it right there.

"Welcome back everyone!" Your aunt says.

"That was fun!" Pixiebob laughs at your expressions.

"I can't believe you guys said it would only take us three hours...! Yeah, right...!!" Sero groans.

"Sorry, that's how fast we would have done it." Your aunt chuckles. "You guys even had a tour guide with you!"

"Auntie...!! What kind of welcoming was that?!" You scratch your hands as you lean forwards.

"Quit scratching your hands. You're going to make them bleed." She scolds you.

"They wouldn't be so itchy if I didn't have to use my quirk all day!" You whine.

"Anyways, we actually thought you would take longer! And you all handled my Earth Beasts surprisingly well!" Pixiebob tells your class. "Especially you four!" she points to Bakugou, Midoriya, Iida, and Todoroki. "I'm guessing your past experiences allowed you to act without hesitation?"

"What about me?!" You groan.

"You don't count! You've done it before!"

"I wanna get praised too...!" You slump over further and rub your head with your hand. Out of the corner of your eye, you spot your brother. "Oh! Kota..."

You straighten yourself to try to wave at him, but he turns away from you.

Your aunt notices and calls Kota over. "Kota, don't be so rude to your sister. Come introduce yourself to her classmates. You'll be spending the week with everyone, so be polite."

Kota begrudgingly steps forward and rolls his eyes. You try to say hi again, but he just scoffs.

Midoriya notices your dejected look and walks up to him. "Y/n talks about you all the time! I'm Midoriya! We're all training together in the same class! It's nice to finally meet you!"

As Midoriya bends down and reaches his hand out to shake Kota's, Kota does the unthinkable, and sucker punches Midoriya right in the crotch. Ouch.

"Kota!!" Your aunt exclaims.

"Midoriya!!! Hey, little brother!!! Why'd you punch Midoriya in the junk?!!" Iida yells.

"Oh man..." You sigh. "He's worse than before..."

"Cute kid." Bakugou laughs.

"You two are a lot alike."

"Buzz off! I don't want to hear anything from you, Mr. Threw-the-Match!"

"I can't abide by jerks who wanna be heroes. Especially that no good sister of mine!" Kota turns his back on you and stalks off towards the office.

"Is he really only a kid...?" Mina and some of your other classmates look surprised by his vocabulary.

Feeling any last semblance of a good mood leaving your body, you turn around yourself. Wiping your eyes with the backs of your dirt covered hands, you wince as the salt water seeps into your split skin.

"You okay, Y/n?" Tsuyu asks.

You simply shrug and don't say anything, trying to stop the tears.

"Alright, enough of that. Leave Y/n alone, and keep your noses out of her family business. Everyone gather your luggage from the bus, and bring it to your rooms." Aizawa tells your class. "Once you've done that, come to the mess hall for dinner. Afterwards, you'll wash up, and then it's time for bed. The real training starts tomorrow. Now hurry up."

Tsuyu and Uraraka give you comforting pats on the shoulder as they walk by, and your aunt makes her way over to you.

"I'm sorry, Y/n..."

"It's my fault... I knew he'd hate me if I chose to go to UA..."

"He doesn't hate you. He just doesn't know how to deal with his grief. I'm sorry he's taking it out on you."

"Is he still refusing to talk to a therapist?" You ask.

Your aunt sighs. "He made the last one cry in the first five minutes."

"And I'm guessing that wasn't because of how sad she was about our parents?" You joke dryly.

Your aunt sighs. "How'd you know?"

"Do you think Eraser would be mad if I stayed in my room here?"

"I already talked to him about it. He's fine with it after everything that's happened recently."

You thank your aunt and she catches you scratching your hands.

"Come on, let's get your stuff. I have a big water bottle and your favourite hand cream waiting for you in the entrance."

With a sigh, you let her lead you inside.