Chapter 33: Shinsou vs Midoriya

About an hour had passed from the time the recreational activities began and when they finished. You ended up sitting out in the forested area behind the stadium trying to come up with strategies against your first and possible future opponents.

You were feeling hydrated and ready to fight, but you couldn't help but fiddle with the hem of your jacket as you made your way up to where 1-A was spectating. It looked like you were one of the last ones there.

Bakugou was sitting all by himself on the end closest to you, so you made your way over. "Mind if I sit next to you?" You ask.

"Tch, do whatever you want. I don't care." He says and he shifts his legs so you can pass by. You say thanks, and take the seat right next to him. A moment later, Kaminari walks in and spots the two of you.

"Yo! It cool if I sit with you two?" He asks.

"No."

"I thought you didn't care?" You ask Bakugou as you playfully nudge him with your elbow. He makes an annoyed sound, but moves his legs once more so Kaminari can pass.

He takes the seat beside you, and smiles before turning towards the stage. "Man, Cementoss' quirk is really useful."

"Yeah, could you imagine if he wasn't helping? Knowing us, the stage is going to be torn up in no time." You reply.

The two of you laugh as Bakugou continues to stare off towards the rest of the stadium. Cementoss finishes the last bit of the stage, and Present Mic gets everyone's attention.

"Thanks, Cementoss!! Is everyone ready?! The stage is set, and our first combatants are about to enter!!" A cheer erupts from the crowd. "You've been through hell to get here kids!! Now it's time to show us your stuff here in the one-on-one tournament! You've only got yourself to rely on, so do your best!!"

"Oh man! I'm so excited!" Kirishima says from in front of you.

"Without further ado, let's get this thing started!!!" The crowd cheers as Midoriya and Shinsou enter the stadium opposite to each other. "He's making a weird nervous face even though he came in first during the first event-it's Midoriya Izuku from Class 1-A!! Versus! Sorry, but this guy hasn't really done anything to stand out yet! It's Shinsou Hitoshi from Class 1-C!"

As he announces Shinsou you jump up from your seat and yell, "You've got this Hitoshi!!! Show them what you're made of!!" It was hard to say if he heard you or not considering how loud the crowd was. Your sudden movement and cheering startled those sitting around you including Bakugou.

Bakugou's eyes narrowed as he heard you say Shinsou's first name, and saw how sincere you were being. 'Is he really close to her or something...?'

"Ouch, that's cold. Poor Midoriya!" Kaminari joked. "This Shinsou guy, you must be pretty close to him, huh?"

"Hitoshi's my best friend. He was the first friend I made when I moved here last year." You explain as you sit back down.

"Your best friend... Whew...!"

"Hmm?"

"Nothing, nothing!" Kaminari waves his hands in front of his face and Bakugou looks away from you.

"The rules are simple!! Force your opponent out of the ring, immobilize them, or get them to say they give up! Bring on the injuries!! We have our trusty Recovery Girl on standby to heal any of your wounds! And if you have to, fight dirty! Ethics have no role here! Of course, going for the kill is a huge no-no. You'll be immediately disqualified! A true hero aims to capture villains, not kill them! If things get too serious, and one of your lives is deemed to be in danger, or that you'd be facing long term damage, Cementoss and Midnight will step in and stop the fight! I'm hoping things don't have to get that serious, though."