Chapter 61: The Hero Killer Part 3

"I'm sorry you guys, I'm supposed to be the pro, but all I did was get in the way..."

"Don't sweat it, anyone would have ended up the same in a one-on-one fight with the Hero Killer. His quirk is insane, and he's so strong..." Midoriya responds. "But we really need to focus on getting Y/n to the hospital right now."

"Even with four people, we only barely won because he screwed up. He didn't think Y/n could still fight. Then Iida's final recipro, he couldn't react in time to avoid Midoriya's movements." Todoroki says. "Now, let's split up. One of us will take Y/n, the rest guard the Hero Killer."

"I can do it." Midoriya says. "I can carry her there the fastest since Iida is injured."

As the group of you exit the alley, a voice yells out in surprise. "What are you doing here?! I told you to stay in your seat!!" A small, old man suddenly appears in front of you and begins scolding Midoriya.

"Gran Torino!"

"I don't know what happened here, but I'm glad you're in one piece." As the old man continues, the sound of helicopter blades fills the air. "How much blood has she lost?!" Gran Torino spots you and immediately shifts his attention to you.

"We aren't sure. She was already bleeding a lot when she got here. She needs medical attention right away." Todoroki tells him.

"Y/n!!!" A voice yells. The boys look up to see Kai hanging out of the helicopter. The helicopter lands on the roof top across from the one you had jumped from and he quickly lowers himself down using a rope with a box in his arms. "What happened to you?! Firetamer is worried sick!! It hasn't even been long since she last saw you!"

Todoroki sets you on the ground and allows Kai to begin first aid.

"Be careful, she's already lost a lot of blood."

"Why the hell did you freeze your wounds shut?! Do you know how much worse you made them?!"

You mumble an apology to Kai, and Midoriya has to stop Todoroki from telling Kai off.

"Is that...?!" Gran Torino finally notices the villain wrapped up in rope behind his student.

"There they are!" A woman comes running down the road followed by a group of others, likely all pros. "We got a backup request from Endeavor, but there's a bunch of kids? And... Is that the Hero Killer?!"

"So he's still fighting over there, huh?" Todoroki says.

"Oh right, the Nomu siblings!" Midoriya comments.

"Yes! Those of us whose quirks weren't effect against them were sent here to help, though it seems like we were too slow..."

Iida steps forward. "Y/n, Todoroki, Midoriya... You were all injured because of me... I'm so terribly sorry... I was blind and lost sight of everything...!"

You and Midoriya shake your heads. "I'm sorry, too, Iida." Midoriya says. "I'm supposed to be your friend, but I couldn't tell how much you were hurting."

"I knew you weren't being honest with me last night... and I should have pushed you further... I know what you're going through, Iida..." You add. "Trust me, your brother would rather see you come home to him than avenge him."

Todoroki pats Iida on the back. "Get it together, you're class president, aren't you?"

"Yes... Thank you everyone..."

"Has anyone called an ambulance? We need serious medical attention!" Another hero interrupts.

"Don't worry about her, I'm taking her in the helicopter." Kai tells him. "Worry about the boys."

"Wait, isn't that Firetamer's emblem? Do you work for her?"

"Yes, now help me get her up to the roof; there isn't enough space to land down here."

Before anyone can move, Gran Torino yells at everyone to get down. Kai sheilds you with his body, and the same Nomu that had grabbed you before narrowly misses him. Instead, it swings at Midoriya, grabbing him by the back of his costume and lifting him into the air.

"Midoriya!!" You yell.

"A villain! How did Endeavor let it escape?!" The female hero yells.

Blood splatters the ground from the Nomu's gaping hole in the side of its head where it's eye used to be.

Before anyone can react, the Hero Killer suddenly frees himself from the ropes and rushes forward, licking the blood up off of the female pro's face. The Nomu begins to descend as it freezes, and releases Midoriya from its clutches.

"Both this sham filled society and the criminals who weild their power in the name of petty mischief..." The Hero Killer catches Midoriya in one hand as he slams a hidden blade into the Nomu's exposed brain. "They are both the targets of my purge. All... For the sake of a better society...!"

"Midoriya...!" You gasp.

"He saved the kid?!"

"No, you idiot! He's a hostage!"

"This is a crazed serial killer we're talking about!"

"Enough! Get ready to attack!"

"Why are you all bunched together?! One of them should have come your way!!" Endeavor suddenly appears and joins the shouting. "Shouto, is that your friend?" He spots you and begins to head towards you.

"You're here already?!"

"Wait... That's...!" Endeavor turns towards Midoriya and the two villains. Midoriya struggles to get the Hero Killer off of him as Stain stands on top of his back.

"Endeavor...!" The Hero Killer sneers.

"Hero Killer!!" Endeavor prepares to launch a blast of fire at the killer, but Gran Torino yells at him to stop.

"You'll hurt the kid as well!"

"You fake..." Venom drips from the Hero Killer's words, and everyone visibly shudders. If you thought he was scary in the alleyway, this was downright horrifying. He steps away from Midoriya, who manages to scramble back. "If I don't fix this... If someone isn't drowned in blood... Staining the ground... If I don't reclaim my hero status...!!"

Even Endeavor shudders away from the Hero Killer. "Everyone, get ready!"

"I've got you, Y/n!" Kai assures you and pulls you closer to him. Todoroki steps in front of the two of you as well.

"I won't let him hurt you again, Y/n." Todoroki prepares ice and fire on either arm before turning to Kai. "Whoever you are, hold on to her."

"Come... Just you try it, you fakes...! The only one allowed to kill me is All Might, a true hero!!!!"

As he says it, several of the pros drop to the ground, shaking and immobilized by fear. Even your classmates and yourself who had already fought him, feel a bone chilling dread fill you. Ice begins to creep over your body, freezing Kai's hands where they hold you.

The Hero Killer seems to suddenly droop a little bit, and Kai speaks up. "He's... He's out cold!"

Todoroki and Iida join you on the ground as they fall to their knees in shock. Midoriya lays behind the still standing Hero Killer with wide eyes, as the Nomu lay dead next to him in a puddle of its own blood.

Relief washes over you and you find your eyes growing heavy once more. This time, you don't fight it.

"Y/n!" Kai and Todoroki yell for you, but it feels so very far away. Your vision fades to black as they stare down at you, others joining in, worry evident in everyone's eyes.

-
-
-
-
-
We're currently number one in #bakugoukatsuki!! Thank you everyone ❤️❤️

I got so far into the training camp arc when I realized I didn't write anything for the movie which happens before it so I need to go through and renumber them all again ;-;