Chapter 2: Preparation

In the morning after you get up you head out on your bike to find the gym. It was fairly easy to find and sign up. You find a room to train in, and after a few hours, you finish up, and decide to check out the beach. When you get there, you sit and relax for a bit. It was small, and didn't look like many people ever went there. "Perfect!"

You make yourself comfortable on the sand by the water and relax. As the waves gently wash up towards you, you make them part and go to your sides. The water rises with your hands and joins above your head in an arch.

Paying no attention to the time, hours pass as you gently move the water and practice. Suddenly, your phone goes off, and in surprise you drop all of the water on yourself. "Aw, dammit!" Luckily, your phone was behind you in the shade with your bike and bag. Standing up, you carefully use your quirk to speed up the drying process. You had to be very careful, as you still aren't very good at controlling the temperature. The only temperatures you have mastered are freezing and boiling. That's why using ice is so much easier for you than controlling and creating water. When you work with just water, you have to be careful not to change the temperature too much or it ends up messing up what you're trying to do.

You make your way over to your bike and take your towel out of your bag. As you finish drying off, you check your phone to see what caused you to drop all of the water in the first place.

One new text from: Shinsou 🐱

You unlock your phone and open the text.

Shinsou 🐱
4:36pm
Hey I just got out of school, did you want to hang out for a bit or whatever?

Y/n
4:38pm
Sure! Sounds good! Where do you want to meet?

The two of you decide on a place and you bike over to join him. Months pass, and your days follow the same sort of pattern. Train, call the Pussycats, train more, hang out with Shinsou, train some more...

Soon, it's the night before the entrance exam. You and Shinsou had been training and hanging out lots, and the two of you had become close friends. Little did you know, he was crushing on you big time.

Hitoshi 😸😸
8:54pm
You nervous for tomorrow?

Y/n
8:55pm
Yeah who wouldn't be?? I'm sure we'll do great though! There's no way we'll fail!

Hitoshi 😸😸
8:56pm
I hope so. We still on to walk there together?

Y/n
8:56pm
Of course! We'll meet at cat tree, right?

Hitoshi 😸😸
8:58pm
Yeah. Don't forget your water bottles tomorrow and you better not stress eat anything salty to mess your shit up.

Y/n
8:59pm
Don't worry I won't! You'd better not stay up late! We've got a big day tomorrow!

Hitoshi 😸😸
9:00pm
Ha I bet I have you beat. I'm already in bed

Y/n
9:00pm
Who the hell are you and what did you do to my Hitoshi?! The real Hitoshi would never go to bed early!

Shinsou blushes when he reads the 'my.'

Suddenly your phone rings.

INCOMING CALL FROM: Auntie 😼💞

Y/n
9:00pm
Ah sorry Hitoshi, I gotta go! Auntie's calling, but I'll see you in the morning!

Hitoshi 😸😸
9:01pm
No problem, don't be late

Hitoshi 😸😸
9:01pm
Goodnight, Y/n

Y/n
9:01pm
Goodnight!

Once you say goodbye to Shinsou, you call your aunt back. She and the others wish you good luck on your exam tomorrow.

"Hey Auntie, is Kota there?" You ask. You already knew the answer.

"Sorry Y/n... He's not in a good mood right now..." She sighs.

"Don't worry about it. Please tell him I miss him and love him!"

"I will. Now get some sleep, so you can kick butt tomorrow! We're all super proud of you for all of the hard work you've done, Y/n! We're certain you'll do great!"

"Thanks Auntie! Goodnight! I'll call you after the exam to tell you how it went!"

"You'd better!"

With that, you hang up and crawl into bed. As you drift off to sleep you can't help but wonder what kind of people you'll meet tomorrow.